Failed to Prove Wrong

Bliss & Melancholies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two weeks has passed. Seunghyun comes and goes, Sandara was the same. Not a word was shared, not a single contact was reached, and not an effort was seen from both sides. Sandara was back to how she always was, friendly and simple. Seunghyun was back to normal as well, quite serious yet fun, and his eyes not sad nor happy, but resolute yet undecipherable. Both seemed to have a regular life already, but neither knew on what’s running on each other’s mind.

 

 

Situations where they would cross paths were inevitable, but at those moments both would not mind each other, acting like complete strangers. But subtle hints show something rather odd. Sandara now shows some slight attempts to reach out, she would go near where Seunghyun was sitting, acting like she has business to do in there near him, she would go near where Seunghyun could actually reach her, even uttering things to herself, obviously self-conscious, but never did she made effort to actually talk. Seunghyun on the other hand, blatantly avoids. He would move aside, change place, or turn his back or whatsoever. But both their hints were too indistinguishable for anyone, but clearly existent.

 

 

The chronicle repeats, but amusingly, the tables have seemingly turned. Sandara watches Seunghyun from afar, wondering what he was thinking all this time, but Seunghyun’s attitude was unreadable. They never made eye contact since then. They never talk. They never were.

 

 

Sandara stood near the spot where Choi Seunghyun was waiting for her before she was looking at it with disappointment in her face seeing Seunghyun absent. She grasped his brown duffel bag quite harder, yet she remained silent.

 

 

“Going home?” Kyujoong suddenly asked calmly, approaching from behind her. “Ah, yes.” Sandara replied warmly. “Maybe I could accompany you.”

 

 

The two then headed out after Kyujoong took the bag from the lady and walked beside her, while Seunghyun accidentally watches the two from the window of their school, grudgingly silent, face stern yet poignant.

 


 

 

 

As Sandara and Kyujoong arrive to YGU , Seunghyun was standing at the gate, texting. Sandara saw him and made up an excuse to let Kyujoong go in first as she handed her clear book to him. Kyujoong then proceeded and saw Seunghyun and greeted him.

 

 

“You’re a student assistant as well, right?” he said. “Yep, Choi Seunghyun – you’re Kim Kyujoong right?” Seunghyun replied. “Yes, I just accompanied Park Sandara. You know her?” Kyujoong asked innocently, he had no idea that the two were actually close before he became a student assistant.

 

 

“Uhm, yes I do.” Seunghyun replied rather high pitched. Seunghyun then looked at the white clear book he was holding. He then took it and flipped it upside down. “You should keep this sticker in the upside; otherwise things inside it might fall out.” Seunghyun explained, just as Sandara draws near enough to hear.

 

 

Kyujoong was a bit surprised, but Seunghyun then noticed Sandara behind him. Seunghyun looked back at Kyujoong. “I got to go; meeting up with some friends.” Seunghyun said and walked away. “Girls right?” Kyujoong shouted jokingly, “Well, you could say that.” Seunghyun stated and strolled away, leaving Sandara quite bothered and mad.

 


 

 

 

Seunghyun plays the guitar casually in the middle of a group of ladies who were chattering indifferently. The girls were Seunghyun’s friends, some would request songs to him, and he would gladly comply, just a regular bonding time with friends. Hwang Tiffany, Seunghyun’s friend whom liked him before then suddenly blurted out loudly, “The problem with the boys is that they don’t speak because either of their pride, their cowardice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter