The Other Side of the Coin

Bliss & Melancholies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A week after his painful final conversation with Sandara, Seunghyun arrives back to YG University. He continues his duties, but his attitude became unpredictable. At times he seemed happy go lucky, sometimes he acts casual and jovial, but other times he becomes melancholic, serious, or stern and harsh. One thing seems to be the same though, he would leave the church as early as he could, and his eyes was always filled with melancholy, no matter how deep he buries it with his smiles and actions, his eyes always reflect despair.

 

 

But within this period, Sandara sees Seunghyun. Subconsciously she observes the man who seemed to have been living his life already. Seunghyun would back at her at times, and Sandara would avoid. Within weeks, Sandara have been noticing Seunghyun moving on in his life, and she couldn’t help but be bothered.

 

 

 

 

 

“Let’s eat” Jiyeon suddenly called Sandara and headed to the dinner table. Sandara sat down casually along with her sister and parents and looked at their table. Their mother then served the steaming bowl of Sundubu jjigae. The lady then had her eyes quite sad, yet her lips smiled from remembering a fine memory.

 

 

 

 

 

Sandara and her sister were on their bed already, prepared for sleep. “Turn the lights off after you’re done.” Her sister asked. “Okay.” Sandara replied and took stuff out of her pockets, her cell phone, wallet, and a few loose changes. She then took the little loose paper money and took her wallet to put it there.

 

 

As she flipped her wallet open, she immediately saw the picture on her wallet – it was the picture of the Korean Idol that she took from Seunghyun’s wallet. She smiles again as she pulls it out slowly, mimicking and reminiscing the moment with Seunghyun as she saw the same picture of hers that was on Seunghyun’s wallet.

 

 

Sandara flick the lights off and went to sleep with quite disturbed and regretful thoughts, holding the wallet in her hands.

 

 

Saturday, Sandara went to YG and attend her voice lesson. On her way to the auditorium, she passed by the library, she deliberately avoids looking at Seunghyun through the glass wall, but momentary glances were inevitable.

 

 

Then she remembered Seunghyun putting his jacket on her, she was quite surprised. Even with Seunghyun’s comic subsequent reaction, she felt the sincerity of his action. She smiles, happy of who was with her. She watches as Seunghyun walk in front of her, and she watches him with admiration, her eyes reflecting bliss.

 

 

She then remembered going out of the auditorium, carrying her clear book. It was quite raining, and she brought no umbrella. “Where’s mother? She should’ve brought me an umbrella.” She mustered, looking around but does not see her. Then she saw her courters, beside each others, each of them holding an umbrella and observing each other if who would take the guts and approach her, but they were awkward in doing so.

 

 

“Tsk…” She whispered, knowing she doesn’t want to be accompanied by any of them, but she doesn’t seem to have any choice. “Shall we go?” A voice suddenly asked from behind her, it was Seunghyun, wearing his jacket and smiling nonchalantly towards her.

 

 

“Do you have an umbrella?” She automatically asked. “Nope.” Seunghyun replied and took off his jacket and placed it above their head, “This’ll do.” Seunghyun said and took the book from her hands, and they ran through the rain, laughing and actually having fun.

 

“For those moments, I felt really happy, but I never gave them that much importance – I never really thought that they were going to be lost anyways… perhaps regret truly is at the end only.”

 

 

She then reminisced as a weekend practice ended; she stepped down from the stage. Then their directress stepped beside her and talked to her. She was actually awkward, but then she entertained the short conversation and left as soon as she could’ve. She then noticed some suitors of hers following, although acting quite casual, but obviously up to something.

 

 

“Looks like I have no escape for this time…” She thought and walked out, trying to escape, but in the back of her mind she noticed some people trying to approach her. Then outside, she saw Seunghyun, holding his guitar, sitting where he always was. She almost automatically approached him.

 

 

“Thank goodness you’re here…” She whispered in relief and they immediately walked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter