The Close Pretense

Bliss & Melancholies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Let’s go.” Park Sandara stated leisurely as she looked at Seunghyun, who was sitting beside another guy on the structure beside the building’s entrance. The man, wearing a black shirt under his leather jacket, then unhurriedly stood up, casually smiling and looking through the distance with his always dreamy eyes and went straight to the lady. Sandara then handed her brown duffel bag which carries her training clothes to Seunghyun and the guy took it, as he usually do.

 

 

The sky was clear and the wind is warm as they pace the wide and quiet cement road towards Sandara’s home

 

 

“So that guy was your new suitor huh?” Seunghyun whispered as they slowly walk away, with him still looking around carefree.

 

 

“Yup, but glad he’s not that pushy like the other ones.” Sandara replied with a bit of coyness.

 

 

Seunghyun then chuckled. “The dozen other ones…” he uttered in exaggeration. Sandara didn’t pay attention though.

 

 

“Well, that one seems somewhat dignified, even more than that genius dude. Don’t you want to give it a try this time?” Seunghyun stated with a hint of mockery. He believed that Sandara actually has on Kwon Jiyong.

 

 

“Shut up Seunghyun… You know I don’t have time for boyfriends…” the lady replied, slightly blushing. Seunghyun then again chuckled with his eyes still mystifying.

 

 

This has been a normal Saturday afternoon scenario, Seunghyun accompanying Sandara home after her voice lessons, walking together and stuff.

 

 

Sandara was quite a beautiful lady. Her short stature was well enough to captivate along with her fair bright skin. Her face which was slightly covered with the bangs of her short length brown perm was innocent and her smile was always mysterious and lovely. Along with her friendly attitude, she catches a lot of attention of men, suitors and the like; especially that she is a famous theater actress of their University.

 

 

Seunghyun on the other hand was a simple person, tall and huge, with manly features. He was thought to be a snob, but in fact he was actually friendly to those who approach, but indeed he is socially awkward. His mysterious personality and dreamy, puzzling eyes catch but a few attentions since he has never gone mainstream in any college activities, nor participate actively in any extra-curricular ones even in class.

 

 

Due to the handful amount of suitors Sandara have, and Seunghyun being the only one that made it past through the lady’s defenses by not having any intentions in the first place, it has been Seunghyun’s job to drive them away, indirectly or so. Because of which, everyone else was holding their own belief whether they were couples or not.

 

 

Soon, they reached Sandara’s house. Her simple yet large home made of bricks and wood, with some elegant designs engraved on the posts. Sandara entered the gate and so does Seunghyun. The man looked somewhat indifferent to the house, even sitting down without asking permission as the lady took her bag and entered the house. Seunghyun looks around the humble home and smirked, remembering a thought that was lingering in the atmosphere of the structure.

 

 

 

Seunghyun slammed the gate of his home as he closed it, leaving and obviously irate from a fight from inside the house. He was carrying nothing on his hands but a guitar on that dark evening. But as soon as he got some distance from home, his walk slows down, his eyes were again calm and dreamy, then a smile, and then he walked faster as if he realized where he would actually go.

 

 

Seunghyun then saw himself in front of Sandara’s house, smiling nonchalantly. Inside, he saw Park Jiyeon, Sandara’s mother, along with Sandara herself.

 

 

“Oh, what are you doing here?” Jiyeon asked pleasantly as she opened the gate for him. “Nothing, I just passed by, thought I could pay a visit.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter