n i n e

Vampire Tears

---

Changhyun's face turned serious as he said those words. It didn't seem like he was playing or fooling around with you. What was it that he wanted to ask/tell you? Although you acted normal outside, your heart was pumping like you had ran a marathon.

"M-mhmm...." You nodded once.

"I-I...." Changhyun scratched his head awkwardly, then flashed you a semi-grin. You could feel your heart racing even mroe when he did that to you. Oh, dear lord. You eyed him suspiciously, wondering what he had up his sleeeves.

"What?"

"I-I think... I like.. you...." He stammered, his voice barely anywhere over a whisper.

Those 5 words seemed to pierce through your heart like arrows. It didn't hurt, suprisingly. Instead, you felt... weird and dazed. In one word, stunned. You were stunned about what Changhyun had just said. You had never felt anything like this before. It was just all too new for you.

"H-h-huh?" You stammered even more.

"Do you have a-any feelings for me? Like.. f-friends with ben-nifits..." He mumbled, asking you a question.

Friends with benifits?

"Well..." You said, feeling a little bit more normal now. "It's not like I don't have any feelings for you,"

At your words, Changhyun's face lightened up. He grinned a grin that could literally light up the whole world. "You've got a smile that could light up the whole town," a lyric from Taylor Swift's "You belong with me" sudddenly popped into your head, as you saw him grinning.

Slowly, he bent down on his knees, which of course suprised you. Your small mouth let out a surpised gasp, as he slowly took something out from his jeans pocket. At this very moment, you felt like the main character of a romantic romance movie.

What he took out from his jeans pocket appeared to be a small, tiny box. You wondered what it was, as he opened the box, with a very small grin across his pale face. As he opened it, a shining object was placed carefully and neatly inside the tiny box. You took a closer look, to see it was a small diamond ring, sparkling in the evening's sky.

You let out another stunned gasp, as he looked up at you, placing the ring box in front of you. He coughed, and smiled. You could feel yourself blushing, but right now, you didn't really care. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

You seemed to literally melt at Changhyun's romantic words. It wasn't even hot outside, but your face was burning. To reduce the heat, you started to fan yourself using your two hands, with a chuckle.

"Well?" Changhyun seemed eager now.

With a smirk spreaded across your face, you grabbed the ring box with your two hands. As you did that, Changhyun's face brightened up completely, and he slowly came to his feet again. You noticed him frowning, probably because of bending for a long time. Staying in the same position for too long could give you awful pin and needles.

"I-is that a yes?" He asked.

Blushing more, you nodded once as your reply. He laughed, and pulled you into a tight hug, squeezing you tightly. Once again, you felt the familiar warm-ness surrounding you. You felt like this was your perfect place to be.

---

Ever since Changhyun and you started dating, you felt so safe. He would stick around with you everywhere you go, and give guys glare if they give you a sign of interest towards you. He'd be all like "Hey, this is my girl. Keep your hands off."

Of course, you were so happy with him, but sometimes his protection was a little bit too much. He wouldn't let you go anywhere with guy friends if there wasn't a friend whom he trusted. He'd message you every 10 minutes, asking you what you were doing and where you were.

People say it's a natural thing, and a good thing too. But sometimes you feel annoyed by those actions and words. Being protective was good and all.. but sometimes, enough was enough.

---

Changhyun's POV

Finally, I can call Eunbin mine now. She's officially mine. I still can't believe she accepted my lame confession, but for some reason, she did. She seemed so happy and all.

I'm going to protect her, and I'll make her happy with me. She belongs with me, and I belong with her. I knew that from the start, when I saw her on my first day of this school.

Eunbin was the first person I landed my eyes on, when I walked into the classroom. I was so nervous and anxious, but all those feelings seemed so disappear and fade away. She was just like my heroine, or my gaurdian.

---

Rumors had spread in school that Changhyun and you were dating. You had no idea how they managed to figure that out, but they did. When you walked into school, everyone seemed to stop chit-chatting. Their gazes would follow you down the hall, not daring to say 'hello' first.

Hanbyul, who was the top student along with Gayoon, who used to bully you everyday even stopped. She even gave you a small smile and a wave when you slided into the classroom. Hanbyul was pretty, but her mind was... ugly.

With a sigh, you scooted over to your usual desk, and found Gayoon already there. She was tidying her hair, while studying herself in her mirror. She had tied her hair into a lovely pony tail, with a small butterfly bow. 

"Good morning, Gayoon."

Gayoon looked up from her mirror, and smirked at you. She immidiately put her mirror away and straightened up in her seat. With a playful smirk across her face, she watched you as you sat down right besides her.

You knew this face expression too well. You knew she had something up her sleeves, or not. Frowning, you shurgged at her and took out your notebooks, gettiing ready for your first period. Which was Math, ugh! It was your least favorite subject.

While it was Gayoon's favorite subject of all times. You just didn't get that girl, everything she liked or disliked was the complete opposite from you. Sometimes, you'd wonder how you two became bestfriends. You really had no idea.

"Eunbin-ah," she said. She seemed so eager to ask you something.

"Go ahead,"

"So... I heard some rumors..." she started, nibbling her lower lips nervously.

"About me and Changhyun dating?" you asked, as if it was nothing at all.

Gayoon, on the other hand seemed stunned. She gave you a nod, with her eyes as big as a rabbit's. You smiled at her, telling her it was right. She seemed even more stunned and shocked once she read your mind. (Not literally, she isn't a mind reader!)

"H-how?"

"Well, he pro-"

The classroom door slided open at that exact moment. As if on cue, Changhyun came into the classroom, ignoring all the gazes from other students, both males and females. He had his poker face on, as he slowly made his way towards his seat towards the back.

You noticed Gayoon's gaze following him. With a frown on your face, you gave her a small poke on her sides, knowing very well that it was her most ticklest spot on her body. You guys weren't best friends for no reason, right?

When you and Changhyun's eyes met for a split second, he gave you a semi-smirk which was definitely a turn on for you, or 90% of girls out there. You flashed him a grin back, and moved your gaze back to Gayoon before she suspected anything weird. She can be totally weird sometimes, and she had a 4D personality. Although she won't admit the fact.

It was too bad that you guys couldn't act like couples at school so easily. It was mostly because of rumors about Changhyun that he was a vampire. Or, can be. But you knew that he was a real vampire and didn't want anybody to know.

When you thought about it, it was definitely odd. A human dating a vampire? A vampire dating a human? It was something to be on the headline of the morning newspaper, in  big, bold letters.

Vampire and a human dating!?

Yes, something like this. And everyone would be gossiping about it for the whole week, and it might even be on the morning news. And then people will start talking about it. They will start to make riddiculous rumors about you guys' relationship.

Just thinking about it sent chills down your back, causing you to shiever. Gayoon,who was sitting right next to you saw you like that, and raised an eyebrow as if to ask what was the matter. You just shurgged as a low sigh escaped your lips.

The classroom door, once again, slided open and Mr. Lapp, your Math teacher came in. He was wearing a green striped shirt, which was totally yesterday's fashion trend. He had glasses, and some books in his left hand and a cup of coffee in the other.

He coughed, buying attention to himself. He definitely had something to announce. And, an announceent was always something to be excited for- or, was it? Whatever the announcement is, it caught the kids' attention in a matter of seconds. Soon, silence flowed awkwardly through your once-noisy classroom, and back out again when Mr. Lapp opened his mouth to speak.

"Class," he coughed, taking a sip from his coffee. "Our field trip is on the 28th of June."

Some students looked happy about the fact on going on a field trip. So were you. Anything but school seemed very entertaining to you at this exact moment. You faced Gayoon, who pulled on a dull face and frowned. Okay, so she wasn't happy about the idea of going on a field trip.

Gayoon faced you, and your eyes met for a second or two. "Do you want to go on a field trip?" She mouthed the words to you, although you were literally a few inches away from her. You just gave her a simple nod which obviously suprised her.

You turned your attention back to Mr. Lapp. You wondered where you guys were going. Going on a field trip is fun, but where you were going really depended too. If you were going to somewhere totally boring, you'd rather die.

----

After tidying the classroom, you were resting in the school's garden where Changhyun confessed to you, a few days ago. Sitting on a bench, you were admiring the flowers and the beautiful view of the garden. You had heard that it took the school an awful lot of money to make this garden into shape. Students would come and destroy the garden, and that was why there were 4 CCTCs here.

You sighed as you looked down at your sneakers. At that exact moment, you felt an odd aurora around you. It was the same odd aurora you felt when you first discovered Changhyun in the so-called empty classroom the first day.

Could it be?

With hope, you slowly loooked up. A grin slowly spreaded across your face, as you spotted who caused the odd aurora. Changhyun waved and rushed up to you. Actually, he jogged up to you.

"What are you doing here, Eunbin?" he questioned you.

You gave him a smile as you watched him sitting down right next to you, on the bench. "I was just.. you know, chillin' out." you laughed. At that moment, a cool breeze flowed by and your hand automatically reached for your bangs, protecting them. People might mistaken that action as you're too full of yourself, but the truth was that you didn't like your bangs getting into your eyes.

"Here? Mhmm.. is it because....?" Changhyun let his voice trail off.

You nodded once, as you clearly understood what he meant although he didn't say the actual word. At your reaction, Changhyun chuckled and flashed you a semi-smirk. Which totally looked cute on him. ;]

"I bet you never really came to this place before." he stated.

"You're right, yes."

"It's so beautiful, isn't it?" 

"Yes." You took a long look around the school garden, and spotted a butterfly. It was yellow and white, and was resting on a white rose. The scene was so beautiful, without even you noticing, your hands were reaching for your pocket. Holding your breath, you grabbed your phone and stood up slowly. You quickly the camera, and stepped up closer to the butterfly. You held up your phone, looking for the right angle to take a photo of. You just wanted to take a photo of this. You had to.

Just as you were about to take a nice shot, the butterfly flew away, probably because it sensed something dangerous. You watched helplessly as you watched the butterfly flying away peacefully. A low sigh escaped your lips, as you made your way back to the bench were Changhyun was waiting for you silently.

"Dangit! I could've taken a good shot of it." You muttered, cursing under your breath.

"Do you like butterflies?" he asked.

"Yes, as well as flowers."

"I like butterflies, although I'm not really interested in flowers." Changhyun stated.

"Mhmmmm."

"Do you..." he stood up, and handed out his hand to you. "want to go home now? It's getting darker."

At his words, you looked up at the sky and literally gasped. The sky had turned to reddish pink, when it was blue only a few minutes ago! You quickly checked your watch, and read the time.

5:42 pm.

Choking, you jotted up from the bench quickly, causing Changhyun to chuckle. He patted you on your head with a smile forming on his face. The curve of his lips went up slowly, and eventually turned into a semi-smirk. Oh, dear lord... can you NOT?

"Leggo!" you said happily.

Changhyun grabbed your hand, and you looked up to him, suprised. You guys' eyes were locked in each others' for quite a time. You stared into his eyes, and he stared into yours. The time seemed to have stopped flowing at that exact second. You almost wished the time had stopped right there, but then quickly snapped back into reality again.

"cough let's go now cough." Changhyun coughed awkwardly.

"S-sure, come on." You agreed, dragging him towards the exit of the school garden, with a small grin on your face.

---

You sighed and plopped down on your bed as soon as your mum went out. She had an important meeting to attend today, so you were left alone in your apartment. Being bored out of your skull, you made some weird noises.

It was 0700, and you decided to skip dinner tonight. I mean, you weren't really hungry and plus, you were sort of on a diet anyways. You tossed and turned around in your bed, and eventually drifted off to sleep.

At one point, you just woke up so suddenly, you wondered why. That was when you realized your bedrooom was pitch-black, but you remembered turning on the lights before taking a nap. You jotted up, taking a look around the room but saw nothing. 

This was a huge secret... but you were terrified of the dark. Nobody, not even your mum or Gayoon knew that. You wanted to keep it as a secret for as long as you could.

You were so shocked and terrified, you were just sitting on your bed, shaking. You couldn't see or hear anything. It was just you, and the darkness. Not knowing what to do, your hands were busily searching for your phone. At last, you found it on your pillow.

Turning on your phone, you started to punch in your mum's number, shaking. Halfway through, you stopped and deleted it all over. You decided not to call your mum. If you did, what would you say to her? 

"Mum, the lights went out and I'm terrified. Come back home quickly!"?

No, just no. It was just really awkward. Sighing, you dropped your phone back onto your bed softly. A few seconds later, you picked it up again, and looked through the contacts on your phone that were saved.

Your thumb was busily scrolling down the contacts, looking for a person that you could rely on. Your thumb immidiately froze when it got to a certain name. You didn't even know you had his phone number on your contact list. Nibbling your lower lips, you looked over at his apartment, wondering what he was doing.

Yoo Changhyun.

You could swear your thumb was shievering when you pressed his name. Holding the phone up to your ear, you played around with your fingers nervously as you listened to the ring tone. After the 3rd ring, he finally picked up.

"O-Owww!" He screamed into the phone, when he picked up.

"H-huh?" You pulled a face.

"Nevermind. What'd you call me?" He asked.

"Uhhh..."

Uh oh. You haven't thought this far yet. You didn't know what to say. Should you just close your eyes and confess that you were afaid- terrified of the dark? No. He'd probably laugh at you and never talk to you again.

"Well?" You heard Changhyun's voice from the other end.

"I-I'm... afraid... of the d-dark..." You mumbled.

Changhyun sighed and hung up on the phone. You bit your lips, wondering if he was mad at you... like, was he judging you? Just because you were afraid of the darkness? No, that couldn't be. He was your very own boyfriend! Out of all the people in this worl-

As your mind was buzzing about him hanging up on you, there came a sudden knock on your apartment door. It was short and choppy, like the person was in an urgent situation. Terrified, you threw yourself under your blankets and shievered. You closed your eyes shut and praied to lord that whoever the person was, would go away.

But instead, the knocking became more louder and more shorter. BANG BANG BANG BANG. Slowly, you peeked out of your blanket into complete darkness, wondering what to do. You stood up from your bed, with your blanket still around you. Grabbing the door knob, you twisted it open and took a carful step out of your bedroom, out to the livingroom to open the door. You didn't really care anymore.

Your hands were on the walls, as you slowly made your way towards the door. Without electricity and light, you didn't realize it was this hard and complicated to open the door. As you were busy being thankful for not being blind, you suddenly bumped into something hard.

Rubbing your head with a low groan, you realized you just walked straight into your door. How clumbsy! Frowning, your hands were searching for the door knob, to open the door. You twisted it open and peered into darkness.

You couldn't see who the person was, from where you were standing. It was a tall man, that was for sure. You could barely make out the shape of him, when he suddenly stepped into your house. You quickly took a step back, nearly falling over a pile of clothes. 

"E-Eunbin?"

After hearing the familiar voice, you grinned. It was the voice you had been waiting for. With all your might, you threw yourself to Changhyun, who happily caught you in his arms. He hugged you tight, and you could feel his steady breathing.

"I-I didn't know you'd come." You mumbled, still hugging him.

"I was worried. I didn't know you were afraid of darkness." He replied, as he slowly let go of you.

"It's a s-secret, okay?"

He nodded. Your eyes were now a little adjusted to the darkness. You could make out the outline of his body, and you could see his head but not so clearly. How you wished for the lights to come back on! You'd totally give anything for electricity right now.

"Are you still scared and frightened? And, of course I'll keep your secret."

"No, since y-you're here..." You muttered slowly.

Just as you said those words, the power came back on again. You gleed with joy as you squealed and jumped up and down. You literally ran around the house whille screaming. You couldn't be this glad for electricity to come.

Slowly, you stopped. You had totally forgot about Changhyun, who seemed a little freaked out by your immature and childish actions. Sratching your head in embarrassement, you coughed awkwardly and flashed him a grin, along with a double thumbs up.

You saw Changhyun frowning. "How come you're more happy to see electricity than me?" he asked, crossing his arms in a cute way. You thought he meant to be mad and angry at you, but he only looked adorable and cute in your eyes. You chuckled and wondered how a guy can be this lovely and bubbly. You felt like squishing him and giving him a huge bear hug, but you just managed to control yourself.

"No, not true!" you insisted, with a chuckle.

"I guess I'll be going now, then." Changhyun sounded a little offended.

You felt guilty, but what could you do now? You nodded, and walked over to the door again, with him. You watched as he disappeared outside the door, and stood there like an idiot, staring at the door. With a long and tired sigh, you went back to your bedroom and closed the door shut.

----

"Did your electricity go off last night?" Gayoon asked the next morning.

"Yes, you too?"

Gayoon nodded with a small smile. Sighing, you lied down on your desk and stared at the classroom door. You thought you were waiting for Changhyun to come. You felt someone poking you (probably Gayoon!) but you chose to ignore it for now.

After a while, the poking became harder until it eventually started to hurt, let alone ticklish. Groaning, you turned around to face Gayoon with a frown. "WHAT?" You almost screamed at her, but remembered to keep your "indoor voice".

"N-nothing." 

"Pssshh."

As the classroom door slided open, your head automatically turned towards it. You almost, almost let out a joyful squeal once you saw Changhyun, quietly sliding into the classroom smoothly. You noticed most of the female students watched him with interest. You felt angry, and you could literally feel the anger boiling up inside you. 

---

To: Eunbin.
Come to the female toilet besides the cafeteria at lunch.

Staring at the paper Gayoon had passed to you during English, you gave her a questioning look. She shurgged and pointed towards the front. Following her finger, your gaze landed on Hanbyul, who was busily writing notes.

Your eyes widened, wondering what Hanbyul wanted to talk to you about. Sighing, you folded the paper and put it inside your pocket and concentrated on the teacher instead. Well, tried to. You just couldn't concentrate in class because of the note.

It was finally lunch time, and you rushed to the toilet besides the cafeteria. It was a female toilet that nobody really uses anymore. It was dirty, smelly and also quite dark. Cursing slightly under your breath, you pushed open the door and stepped inside, to find Hanbyul already there. She had her back on you.

"Hanbyul....?"

Slowly, she turned around. You couldn't help but to admire her beauty. To be honest, she was prettier than Gayoon, but it was only your personal opinion. With a smirk on her beautiful face, she took slow steps up to you. 

Suddenly feeling very frightened, you took a step back as she took a step forward. Soon, she frowned and just stomped up to you in anger. For a split second, you thought you could have seen smoke coming out of her head. Just like in cartoons, except this was real life, and reality.

"I heard... you're dating our cutie." She started off.

Our cutie? 

"Yoo Changhyun, is it?" 

Smiling, she walked around you in circles. Her lips were smiling, but her eyes weren't. Her eyes were as cold as ice, and her attitude was... cold, too. There was nothing in this girl that was welcoming and kind. It seeemd like Hanbyul was made out of ice. That was possible.

"H-Huh?" You took a few steps back.

"Changhyunnie. How dare you steal my Changhyunnie from me?" She demanded suddenly, her voice raising.

*He's mine now, loser. HAH, in your face!!*

Although mentally, you ripped her head off, you remainded calm. Well... somewhere beyond calm. You were actually really terrified. Inside, you were screaming Changhyun's name over and over again. You half expected him to appear out of the blue and rescue you. Not like in fairy tales, though. Ever since you were little, you never believed in happy endings, or those "once upon a time..." kind of thing. It just wasn't your type.

"Tell me. It-it isn't true, right?" Hanbyul questioned you.

"Well...."

"Tell me!" 

You realized that Hanbyul's voice was very hoarse right now. You also noticed that her eyes were puffed and her nose was as red as Rudolph's. It was quite obvious that she had been crying today, probably in the toilet. You did feel a little sorry for her, but it was her fault to fall for Changhyun in the first place, wasn't it? You took a deep breath, and closed your eyes shut. You had to tell her what was right, and face the ugly truth. You were prepared for anything.

"L-Listen... I understand you like Ch-"

"No. I love him."

"Okay, whatever. You love him, alright. But he, loves me. We love each other, but he doesn't love you. Don't you g-get it? He's mine now, and I'm his. We're each other's properties. And, you shouldn't touch what's not rightfully yours. As they said... a relationship is meant for two people; and not  more." 

Hanbyul's face expression seemed like she had been stabbed in the stomach with a knife. She huffed, and frowned. You could easily figure out that her eyes were tearing up a little, as she coughed. She blinked in order to hide her tears, but it only caused it to dribble down her cheeks and down her neck, until she wiped it off.

"I-I'll get you, Jung Eunbin. Just you see." She muttered under her breath.

As she walked pass you, she pushed your shoulder, causing you to stumble backwards. You heard the toilet door closing, and Hanbyul's footsteps walking away. When you couldn't hear her footsteps anymore, you let out a long, low sigh and leant against the sink to support your weight. 

'Guess I'll have to stay out of Hanbyul's way now,' You thought bitterly, as you pushed open the door.

---