t h r e e

Vampire Tears

---

You stopped by at a small park just outside your apartment on the way home, as you didn't feel like going home early today. You sat on the empty swing and put on your earphones. Turning the music volume to max, you started nodding your head to the rhythm of the song with a happy smile all across your face.

Swinging gentely, you looked up at the sunset in the sky. It looked as though the sky itself had caught on fire, as the sky was pink, orange and red all in one. You loved the sunset, just like you loved windows and the morning sunbeams on your face.

As you were listening to music, lost in a world of your own, your phone beeped, telling you that a new message had arrived. You took out your phone from your bag, which was lying on the floor besides the swing.

Gayoon: Eunbin?

You: Yes?

Gayoon: I'm sorry for what happened earlier...

You: It's ok.

Gayoon: I'm very sorry. I shouldn't have behaved like that, espeacially in front of Changhyun.

You: I was shocked. So was Changhyun.

Gayoon: I know, you're usually the one exploding.

You: Exacty my point.

Gayoon: So where are you right now?

You: At the park.

Gayoon: Oh, I'm home now. I just went straight home from the cafeteria.

You: Why did you do that, anyway?

Gayoon: .. I guess I was just jealous because you were so nice to him.

You: lol

Gayoon: LMFAO.

You: But he doesn't seem like a "vampire" at all.

Gayoon: I swear, he's one!!

You: How come you're so sure about that?

Gayoon: Didn't you see the blood stain on his sneakers this morning?

You: I did. Maybe... it was ketchup...?

Gayoon: C'mon, don't be silly!

You: Well...

Gayoon: And, his face is unusually pale too. You noticed that, didn't you?

You: Yeah, I did.

Gayoon: And vampires have pale skin tone!

You: Nonsense!

Gayoon: I'm right, just you see. Anyways bye, I've gotta go now.

You: See you tomorrow, then.

How come Gayoon was so sure that Changhyun was a real, live vampire? How can a vampire be THIS cute and adorable? He seemed just like any other ordinary human beings. Afterall, he didn't seem like a boy who'd go around, people's blood out of their necks. That was just... sick.

You were positive that he wasn't a vampire. It just couldn't be true- right?

As you were lost in a world of your own alone, you didn't realize that the sky was getting darker by every second passing by. Soon, the sky became pitch-black and the street lights started to shine, one by one.

You checked your phone for the time, and it read: 6:26 pm.
Gasping, you made a gab for your backpack and hurried out of the park. You didn't expect it to be THIS late. All you did was to sit on the swing and listen to music. Oh, and text Gayoon too.

You jogged to your apartment. It took you practically 3 minutes for you to get there. Panting hard, you punched in the password for your apartment and stepped inside. You leant against the wall and pressed the ^ button on the elevator.

As you were waiting for the elevator to arrive, you noticed that your apartment entrance opened. Which was quite odd, for it wasn't the time for people to finish work already. They came home at around 7 and not now.

Curiously, you tilted your head and saw a boy with his head down, walking towards the elevator. Which also meant that he was walking towards you, too. And, you weren't the type of girl who's comfortable with boys. Actually, it was the other way around. You felt so uncomfortable around boys.

You noticed that the boy seemed quite familiar to you, but you weren't so sure. You just got this feeling that you had seen him somewhere before. But, where?

You stared at the boy, who still had his head down. It was impossible for you to see his face, as his eyes were glued onto his sneakers. You glanced at his sneakers. Even the sneakers seemed familiar to you!

Slowly, you looked up at the boy, and he looked up, too. You literally gasped out loud and laughed when you saw his face. He was busily texting someone on his phone, so he didn't notice you. You also realized that he had an earphone in his ears.

You smirked and tapped his shoulders with your fingers. The boy seemed annoyed, as he frowned and turned his head towards you. But then his face lightened up when he saw your face. Happily, he grinned.

"Eunbin!" He greeted you, slapping you a high-5.

You smiled.
"I didn't know you lived in this apartment."

"I just moved in here yesterday." He explained.

Just as he finished his sentence, the elevator finally arrived and both of you went inside.
As you were about to press the number 15 as you lived on the 15th floor, he also had the same thing in mind. Your fingers brushed against each others for a spilt second, as both of you were reaching for the same button.

"You live on the 15th floor, Changhyun?" You laughed.

He nodded.

That was when you remembered that the house opposite of yours were really busy yesterday. Tons of boxes were loaded the whole day, and your parents had complained that it was too noisy and loud.
But you had no idea that it was Changhyun's family that was moving in.

"That's cool." He said, as the elevator stopped on the 9th floor.

When the elevator door opened, a young girl, about your age stepped inside and pressed the 1st floor button. Then the elevator started going up again, towards the 15th floor, where you and Changhyun both lived.

The girl turned her head towards Changhyun and beamed at him. She was obviously trying to win his attention by flirting with him. You admit, she did have a pretty face. Well, hers was much more prettier than yours.

Changhyun, on the other hand, looked disgusted. His face expression looked like he just seen a huge spider in his toilet as he was showering. Or when he noticed a huge pimple right in the middle of his nose. Yeah, that kind of face expression.

"Hi, there." The girl opened . "My name's Kwon Minji."

Then she took out her hand for a handshake with Changhyun, but he didn't budge at all. Instead, he gave her a look and turned his head back towards you and mouthed the words What should I do? to you silently.

You shurgged in response, and finally the elevator door opened and Changhyun and you stepped out of it, leaving the girl alone in the elevator. Minji or whatever her name was.

Then the elevator went down to the 1st floor, bringing the girl down with it.

Changhyun frowned at the elevator.
"UGHH. That was disgusting." He shievered.

You giggle slightly and nodded, as you searched for your key in your bag. But your key was nowhere to be found.
That was when you remembered that you forgot your key this morning.

You sighed and tried opening your door. But of course, it wouldn't open at all.

Changhyun had opened his door.
"What's wrong? Don't you have a key with you?" He asked, looking over at you.

"Well, I f-forgot it this morning." You stammered.

He smiled at you and motioned for you to come into his house.

"He's a vampire!"

Gayoon's words flashed back into your memory, causing you to stop right outside his door. You hesitated whether to go into his house or not. If he was a real vampire, he'd try to eat you- right?

"What are you doing? Come on in." He said, opening the door wider for you.

You put on a smile on your face and stepped into his house fully.

---