e i g h t

Vampire Tears

---

You slowly walked back to your apartment. Your mind kept drifting off to Changhyun earlier. Shaking your head as if to shake away that image, you stopped right outside your apartment. 'My mind must have been playing tricks on me,' You thought, and punched in the password.

As the automatic door slided open, you stepped into the apartment. Pressing the ^ button on the elevator, you leant againt the wall while waiting for the elevator to arrive.

Nobody else was on the first floor, all except you. Although it felt a bit odd, since it was already 0500 pm, your eyes danced around the empty hallway, not knowing where to land. Your apartment wasn't very old, but it looked like something that came out from a horror movie. When you came at night or when it was dark, it was certainly creepy, and scary.

Thankfully, the elevator arrived on the first floor. The door slided open, and you once again, praid the lord that nobody else was in the elevator. You hated it when you were stuck in an elevator with an unknown person. It was definitely uncomfortable, and well as awkward too. Most of the times, you'd just pretend to be texting a friend on your phone the whole way.

When you got to your floor, and into your house, you plopped down onto the couch with a sigh. Today was such a tiring day for you, and you really wanted a nice shower and a quick nap. Oh damn, that would be perfect right now.

As you were lurking around your kitchen for something to eat, you heard your phone buzzing back in the livingroom. With an annoyed groan, you dragged yourself to the livingroom and lazily picked up your phone. It was a message, from an unknown number. Most of the times, you never really check messages from unknown numbers, thinking it must been spam. But this time was different.

You felt as though you were being controlled by something invisible, like a source of power.

 

Unknown number: I'm outside your apartment right now. Come out.

 

Staring at the message, you didn't know what to do. This person was a complete stranger to you. (Or, was he/she?) Living in a world like this these days, you learnt not to trust anyone so easily. You never know what the person is going to do to you. What if he was a e? How about a.... a..... patient from a mental hospital!?

Okay. So you were really freaked out about the idea of having an unknown number sending you a message like this. You walked over to your big window, and peeked outside. You sighed as you couldn't see anything from there.

Judging by the message he (or she) sent, he (or she) didn't seem so... dangerous. Or was it just your imagination? You just couldn't explain this feeling by words. It was like, you can trust this person.

With a long sigh, you grabbed a jacket nearby and wore it quickly. You took your key, then walked out of your house. You heard the lock, locking automatically by itself. Mhm, world these days.

When you finally arrived at the first floor, you could feel your heart beating at an unnormal rate. You inhaled and exhaled air, with your hand over your chest. You fully went out of the elevator, and slowly walked towards the entrance of the apartment.

You saw the person. The unknown person there.
He (it was definitely a 'he', judging by the clothes and the hairstyle) had his back on you, so you couldn't check out his face clearly. Oddly, he seemed so familiar to you, although you were just staring at his back.

You sighed and walked over to that person with more confidence now. As you got closer to the automatic door, the door slided open. The person mustn't have expected you to come out this quickly. He jotted up a little, and spun around to face you.

You literally gasped once you saw his face clearly now. You didn't know if you should be happy or frightened right now. As you saw Changhyun nibbling his lips nervously, you blinked your eyes.

"I-I know what you're probably thinking right now." He said, crossing his arms.

"Why did you call m-me up?" 

As you asked, the automatic door slided close again, so you quickly stepped out of the apartment before you got stuck between the door. Changhyun stared down at you, while he was nibbling his bottom lips.

"I wanted t-to tell you... that...." he let his voice trail off naturally.

You twirled your hair out of habbit, as a low sigh escaped your lips slowly. You wondered what he wanted to tell you now. After what you saw at school earlier, you were still in a big shock. You didn't know he would use his super powers at school so easily.

"...You probably know it now, but I'm a-"

"vampire," you ended, cutting his sentence off.

Changhyun nodded, as his face fell. He probably didn't want you to know. You gussed he wanted to keep it as a secret, a dark secret. He wanted to live an ordinary life, and maybe he didn't like the fact that he was different from others.

"So... you knew....?" He asked, stunned.

You shook your head, and naturally leant against a wall. It was hard for you to stand in one position for a long time, because it was just... too hard for you. You were the type of girl who loathed excersice. 

"No, not really. You do know there were rumors, right? And there still are,"

At your unexpected question, Changhyun just nodded once before sighing a little. He looked down at his self, with a frown on his face. A frown, and that wasn't a very happy sign. Not at all.

"Since when..."

"When Minji and her boyfriend fought with you, I saw it. The reddish boiling thing in your eyes. That was only for a split second, but it was long enough to shock me well. At first I thought the lights were playing tricks on me. And then comes the oreo event. Your voice, was so hoarse and it just wasn't you. From time to time, I'd see sharp fangs inside your mouth, and I'd get scared. So scared I wanted to run away at one point. But, I decided to stay because I believe you needed protection from all those people who are certain that you were a vampire. You're special in your own ways, Changhyun."

You talked nonstop. With your big mouth, there was really nothing you couldn't do. You could even talks for hours, blabbing about the stupid weather or how cute the neighboor's dog is. Yes, you were a very talkative girl.

"So.. why didn't you tell me? I thought you didn't know." he muttered bitterly.

"I figured you didn't want me to know. I decided to respect your decision." You replied back.

"And...."

"The thing I saw today. Why did you use your super power so easily at school? What if somebody else saw it? Somebody besides me? You should be really thankful that it was me who saw that. I did freak out a little, though...." You mumbled.

Changhyun just chuckled quietly at your words, with a small smile. But big enough to light up the whole town. He was quite different from most boys you knew. Although it haden't been long since he enrolled into your school, you treated him as your best friend. Which was weird, because it took you a year to become best friends with Gayoon.

"I was... too lazy." He replied.

"Wait.. so, if you are really a vampire...." You stepped back a little. "Aren't you g-going to eat me?"

At your silly question, he laughed and shook his head. At his reaction, you sighed and stepped back into your normal position again. He punched in the password for the apartment, and waited for the automatic door to slide open.

When it did, he stepped inside. When he noticed you were still outside, he quickly motioned you to come in. You did as you were told, and stepped into the apartment fully. 

"I'm not eating anyone, Eunbin. Don't worry." he replied.

You felt a whole lot better at Changhyun's words. Afterall, he didn't seem like a guy who'd go around, eating innocent people at night. I mean, just look at his face! He looked so cute, adorable, and innocent. And he is.

"Good, then. I'm trusting you."

When the elevator arrived, you wondered to yourself when he pressed the ^ button. You didn't notice that, not at all. Was it one of his super powers, too?

"What can you do as a vampire...?" You asked, once both of you were inside the elevator.

You pressed the 15th button and leant againt the elevator wall to support yourself. Changhyun also leant against a nearby wall, and stared blankly into space for a moment. You thought he was thinking about your question, so you kept quiet and focused your gaze on your sneakers instead. Then at the elevator door. Then the mirror which were hung on the sides of the elevator. Then your eyes naturally spotted Changhyun's reflection in the mirror, which startled you.

"C-Changhyun..?" You said.

"Mhm?" He replied.

You spun around from the mirror, you faced Changhyun. He wasn't facing you, though. His eyes were glued and fixed onto his... nails. With a frown, you slightly tapped his shoulders.

"I thought vampires weren't visible in mirrors."

"You're right, yes."

"B-but, why can I se-"

"It's my power, Eunbin. If you couldn't see my reflection, you'd probably freak out. And not just you either."

Right after Changhyun finished his words, the elevator arrived on the 15th floor and the door opened. Stepping out of it, your hands were busily searching for the house key inside your jacket pocket. You had a mini heart attack when you couldn't feel it at first, but you soon found it. Changhyun seemed to be doing the same thing.

"See you tomorrow, then." You said, as you put the key into the key hole.

"Mhmm, bye."

Changhyun was still searching for his key, as you opened the door. You took one last glance at him, and stepped into your house. You felt really hungry the second you went into your house. 

Rushing into the kitchen, you opened the fridge to door to find nothing you like in particular. With a sigh, you closed it and decided to take a nap instead. Afterall, you didn't have any homeworks due tomorrow. Yay.

----

Changhyun's POV

There. I finally told her the ugly truth. The truth that I'm a vampire. And she already knew it. Which was indeed quite amusing, considering that she was an ordinary human being. Most ordinary human beings were too "stupid" (quoted from my mother, who always talks about how bad humans are,) to catch on. Eunbin was definitely different. She told me that she saw the reddish thing in my eyes. Which only appears when I get furious. And furious means "beyond angry".  

Now, the question is.....

 

How did she see the reddish thing in my eyes? 

 

But how come Eunbin saw it, then? She was a normal teenage girl, wasn't she? She had something special within her, I know. But I just can't figure out what it is. Which, is indeed very annoying.

---

You had completely forgot that you had a history exam the next day. When you got to school, everyone was reading their notes, revising for the exam wisely. Unlike you, who was just confused at how serious the students were.

Gayoon was not an exception either. Although she was always at the top of the class along with Hanbyul, she tried that hard to achieve what she deserved. 

"Gayoon?" You said in a questioning tone, sitting down in an empty seat next to her.

"Mhmm? Hey." She replied, not even looking up from her book.

"Why are you studying so hard? There's no exams." 

"Mhm? No, we have a history exam today. Didn't you know?" Gayoon replied.

"Huh?"

You felt like being stabbed in the back, by a best friend whom you've known for ages. Yeah, that kind of feeling. You suddenly felt like the world was spinning around you, and you could literally see stars in front of you. How come you forgot about that?

"Hey... don't tell me..." Gayoon muttered, finally looking up. "You actually forgot?" 

You nodded in respond, still stunned. You were so shocked! You were a student who never forgot anything- her homework, her exams.. And now..? Ever since Changhyun enrolled into your school, you could see that you've changed.

"Oh, no." You groaned.

Gayoon raised one of her eyebrow, then let out a small sigh. She was pobably wondering what had gotten into you. You admit, you were a pretty good student, who got As on her exams. Of course, with the help of studying.

"I-I forgot..." You muttered, quickly taking out your notes to review.

Out of the corner of your eyes, you noticed Changhyun sliding into the classroom. He had his eyes glued onto his notebook, while he made his way to his desk without bumping into anyone or anything.

Was that one of his powers. too? To see without even looking?

He sat down on his desk, and casually read. As you watched him reading, you couldn't help but to wonder how neat his hand writing was. Then you started to wonder if he actually do take notes during classtimes. If it were you, you'd probably use your vampire powers to take notes.

"Hey, Eunbin. Shouldn't you be... studying?" Gayoon questioned you.

You snapped back into reality with a small frown. As you were reading through your notes, your mind kept drifting off to Changhyun and the fact that he was/is a vampire. You saw clearly that you couldn't concentrate on your notes, so you shut your notebook close after a minute of studying. 

That was when you remembered you never actually saw Changhyun taking notes in class. You figured out that he didn't take notes . You were busy being jealous of Changhyun that you didn't even notice your history teacher coming into the class.

'Dangit.' You thought, as you bitterly took out your pens.

----

After school, you were left alone (as usual) in the empty, empty, once again, empty classroom. You really didn't feel like cleaning up but you had to. You just couldn't leave your classroom messy like that!

You were runting to yourself because of the history exam earlier in the day. You couldn't even get a single question right, and you were pretty sure you failed your exam. This was your very first time feeling like this, and you felt really bad.

Sighing, you were erasing the board. You heard the classroom door sliding open. Tilting your head, you spun around slighly to find Changhyun, standing by the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" You asked.

"I-I wanted to... ask you something. Well.. actually.. t-tell you something."

You nodded, and motioned him to come into the classroom. To your suprise, he shook his head and motioned you to come outside. Following his words, you dropped the eraser and headed for the door. Once you got outside, he grabbed your hand and walked down the empty hallway in a rush.

Dazed and startled, you followed him. Well, it was more like he was dragging you along. Finally, you got to the final destination, you realized it was the school garden, owned by every students and teachers in the school.

"What are we doing in here?" You asked, looking around the beautiful garden.

The school garden looked so much different in the evening than in the daytime. In the daytime, you didn't notice all the flowers and beautiful grass. But now, once you came here at evening, you noticed the flowers. It was all so beautiful and the smell of the flowers seemed to welcome you and Changhyun to the garden.

"I want you to answer me truthfully." He said, looking straight into your eyes.

---