e l e v e n

Vampire Tears

---

"20 years ago? Wait, but... you're..." You stammered.

"I "died" when I was 18. I never age, Eunbin-ah." He explained, with a soft smile.

"Oh. Go on." You said, as you leant back against your chair and crossed your arms.

"I was living in Lee Taewon back then. As you may know, 20 years ago, there was a huge issue in Lee Taewon."

"Oh... wait... ahh, yes!" You exclaimed, slapping your knees.

"There were rumors that a vampire was living in Lee Taewon, too. Everybody was terrified. Nobody, not even the bravest man on Earth, dared to go outside at nighttime. Lee Taewon was cursed, they used to say. And.. it wasn't just any other vampire, too. It was the head of them all."

"Dracula." You whispered.

Changhyun gave you a nod and went on. "Yes. His name was Dracula. Nobody ever saw him, though. Because he would kill (by their blood, of course) them if they saw him. So what I'm saying is, nobody lived to see the real him. Even if we saw him during the day time, we'd have no idea. He'd look like any other ordinary guys you might find on the streets. That was why he was so hard to catch."

"How come you lived?" You questioned.

"Aha, that..." Changhyun smiled, and crossed his arms. "I was 11 when rumors started to spread around Lee Taewon. Every full moon night, a person would die a mysterious death. Nobody knew why and how they died. They all said it was the Dracular's sin. Nobody but Dracula had the power to do such thing. When I was 18, I slept over at a friend's house. Of course, I was a normal human being back then. It was exactly midnight when I decided I wanted some snacks. My friend didn't have any snacks, so we went to a small SevenEleven store nearby."

"And, so?"

"We bought some Coke, chips, snacks and sweets too. We were heading home, when I noticed that it was full moon tonight. I remembered that my mum used to tell me that never, ever go outside during a full moon. Although I was a little scared, I acted fine outside. I didn't wanted to be called as a scardey cat. Anyways, we met the Dracula on the way home from the SevenEleven."

"Did your friend become a vampire, too? Like you did?"

Changhyun shook his head, rather sadly and continued his story. "My friend betrayed me. He ran away the second he saw the Dracula. For some unknown reasons, the Dracula didn't go after him. Instead, he came for me. I just froze there. I couldn't do, speak or say anything. And, he got me. He bit into my neck."

"But.. I read that most people don't become vampires even when a vampire kils them."

"Right. I was different, though. The moment he bit into my neck, my eyes turned bright red. Like boiling fire of red. I have turned into a vampire myself. I disappeared from my family and friends after I became a vampire. The Dracula made it look like a typical suicide. Even to today, my parents think I have killed myself."

After Changhyun had finished his story, you were literally tearing up. It was just so sad! The fact that his parents think he killed himself really ripped your poor kokoro (means heart) into pieces.

"Hey... you fool, don't cry." Changhyun said, handing you a tissue.

You sniffed and took it, and wiped your tears away. "I-I'm not crying! My eyes.. are just sweating..." You joked.

Thankfully, he chuckled at your lame joke. "Is my story too touching for you?"

"No, I'm fine. I can manage." You laughed along.

"Why don't you go to your parents....?" You asked, changing the subject.

"......."

Changhyun became silent. Looking straight into his eyes, you realized that he almost seemed mad and angry at you. You quickly realized what you have done, and that you shouldn't have said that. He probably didn't want to meet his parents as a vampire, when he was born as a proper human being. You let out an awkward laugh, while fanning yourself.

"Why is it so hot..." You muttered, avoiding eye-contact with Changhyun.

"Is this why you wanted to meet me? To ask me how I became a vampire?" He questioned, sounding angry.

His voice sounded hoarse. It was the same voice that you've heard at the "oreo box" event, a few weeks back. You really wanted to know why Changhyun's voice somtimes turned hoarse, when he was angry. But you knew better not to ask that right now. As he spoke, you could swear you saw sharp, life-threatning fangs.

"No...." You mumbled. "Well... y-yes.."

At your words, Changhyun suddenly stood up, slamming his hands on the table, causing his mug to shake. You thought the tea inside would spill out, since he was so violent. For a split second, you (again) spotted the reddish orange-ish boiling fire inside his eyes. When you shook your head and looked again, you saw nothing.

"I'll text you later. Bye." Changhyun said coldly.

With that, he just stomped out of Starbucks angrily. You wanted to stop him, and tell him that you're sorry but you couldn't. For some reason, your body froze. You couldn't move, you couldn't speak nor shout his name.

Even after he left the cafe, you remained there alone. You were wondering what could have caused him to get so angry like that. Didn't he like being questioned about his parents? Or rather... about how he became a vampire?

You were so concentrated on Changhyun and his earlier attitude, you didn't notice that somebody was sitting right opposite from you, at Changhyun's place. You curiously looked up to find a familiar face, smiling at you with a small wave.

"Hi, beautiful. What brings you here?" He asked.

"Chanhee-sshi!" You said, a little too loud.

The other people in Starbucks turned to face you, wondering what was the matter. At nobody's POV (Point Of View), it seemed like a couple fighting in public. And you didn't want that to happen! All you had was Changhyun; not Lee Chanhee. Psshhh.

"What?" He asked, blinking his eyes innocently.

You huffed at his reply, and grabbed your bag. Stuffing your notebook and your pen inside your bag, you noticed that Chanhee was still watching you with amusement in his eyes. Although you felt a little odd and weird, you chose to ignore it.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked, again.

Completely ignoring him, you stood up, while glaring at him. Huffing again, you flipped your hair dramatically (LOL) and headed for the door. You were way too focused on ignoring Chanhee, that you weren't even looking where you were going.

Too bad Starbuck's exit and entrance (it's the same door, duh) door was see-through. And, the workers there must work really hard cleaning the door. It was literally shining.

Acting all beautiful and cute, you walked away fom Chanhee. And.... guess what happened? You forgot to open the door before going out. And, yes.. you guessed what happened, didn't you?

You just walked into the see-through door, banging your head loudly.

 If you had to name one moment in your life that was so embarrassing that you literally wanted to crawl into a hole and rott there, you'd say the "Starbucks door event" with no doubt.

Immidiately, the people stopped doing what they were doing and turned around to see what happeend, wondering what caused the big "BANG" sound. You could swear you heard some mean snickers somewhere amoung the people.

Chanhee rushed up to you, with a concerned face. You were way too busy being embarrassed, you didn't even feel the pain that was slowy crawling up to your forehead. With a slow moan, you rubbed your forehead, which you bet had turned bright red.

"Are you okay?" Chanhee questioned, frowning.

"Yup, I-I'm fine. Thanks." You muttered.

Your bag had fallen onto the floor next to you, while you fell. Grabbing your bag, you stood up quickly. Okay... maybe a liiiiiitle bit too quickly. Suddenly, the world seemed to spin around you, and everything became a blur.

"Hey... You alright?"

You could hear Chanhee's concerned voice, but it seemed so far away. Although you knew he was right next to you, his voice seemed like he was miles away. As you were just about to fall, you felt someone making a grab for you, preventing you from falling.

Shutting your eyes tightly, you gripped the person's hand with all your might. After a few seconds, you slowly opened your eyes to find that the dizzy-ness and the blurry-ness gone. It was completely gone, without a trace or a mark.

"Hey..." Chanhee mumbled.

"Mhm?" You asked, feeling hot.

You your lips (it was a habbit of yours) and sighed. By now, the people stopped giving you embarrassing stares and you were really thankful for that. You'd totally melt in embarrassment like an ice cream on the spot if they were still staring at you like you were some sort of a new-ly discovered animal at the local zoo.

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't look so goo-"

"I'm fine, Chanhee-sshi." You cut him off.

"O-Okay..."

With a low chuckle, you softly pushed Chanhee's hands way with an embarrassed laugh. You adjusted your bag and pushed open the Starbuck's exit door, full of confidence. You were pretty sure Chanhee was behind,  feeling betrayed but what could you do?

---

You met a friend of yours and hung out with her for many hours, until you noticed it was already pretty dark outside. You splited with your friend, and headed to your own apartment to eat dinner with your mum.

It was 7 pm, and it had been around 12 hours since you've been out of your house. But it felt like 12 months to you, because you've done so many exordinary things today that you normally wouldn't have done.

With your earphones plugged in your ears, you were walking down the empty street alone. Although you felt a little bit weird and scared, you acted like everything was fine.

Without any practicular reasons, you looked up at the night sky. It was a very starry night, and it seemed like there were hundreds of stars that night, all shining so brightly in the night sky. Then your gaze moved on to the moon.

It was a full moon night, you noticed. Just then, as if it was a warning, Changhyun's story earlier popped into your head. Could it be? It's been 20 years since Dracula hasen't killed anyone.

You believed Changhyun was Dracula's last victim. And now, 20 years had past. You thought it was maybe about time for the Dracula to make his move, and prove to the world that he wasn't dead and vampires are real.

Vampires aren't like unicorns or fairies. Vampire were dangerious, real and life-threatning while unicorns or fairies were only fictional characters some dumb person made up. Unicorns were just horses with a horn on its forehead, that's all. What was so magical about unicorns, anyways?

Nodding your head to the familiar melody of the current song, you made your way through an empty street. You were passing by a street, when you noticed one parcticular street exordinary.

It was dark, but it did have a street lamp. But that single street lamp was flickering, as if it had no power left to support the electricity. Once again, Changhyun's vampire story popped into your head again.

'Could it be...?' You thought, stop and stared into the dark street.

Just then, at that second, you saw a figure moving. It was only for a split second, but you could swear you saw it clearly, with your own two eyes. You didn't know what it was, but it was surely very tall. You could almost sense it's power all the way from there to here.

'Dracula.' You whispered to yourself, pausing the music quickly.

You stared into the street harder, hoping to find some clues about what you've just seen. Suddenly, you saw a figure moving again. But this time, it was moving fast and furiously. It was heading right for you!

As the figure came closer to you, you closed your eyes shut, and screamed. Just before you closed your eyes, you saw it. The figure- you've seen it now. It had pale skin tone, and you saw the life-threatning fangs.

You were determained that it was the Dracula. You were expecting a pain in your neck, but that didn't happen. Instead, you heard a shout and some feet running. Then another shrilled scream.

Curiously, you slowly opened your eyes to find a familiar figure "fighting" with the Dracula. Rubbing your eyes, you slowly realized that it was none other than your own boyfriend; Yoo Changhyun.

A smile spreaded across your face, as you made out the face of Changhyun. He was fighting against the Dracula, for you. He didn't want you to get hurt or be harmed. Even though he was angry at you this morning, he wasn't anymore.

You snapped back into reality, and looked more closer at the fight. You then realized Changhyun was losing slowly, but obviously. Then, the Dracula suddenly grabbed Changhyun by his neck and lifted him up the ground, with a smirk.

The Dracula then threw Changhyun across the street, and he landed on the floor again with a loud BANG. And with a bloody smile, the Dracular spun around, and started to come for you.

You also noticed (too late!) that he has super, exordinary-ly long finger nails. He lifted his right hand up, showing you his life-threatning sharp fangs. He was probably threatning you, and you were scared already.

He seemed like he was going to sink those long finger nails of his into your skin, and kill you slowly but very painfully. As he was just about to hit you with his finger nails, Changhyun stood up and came running at you at full speed.

Vampires had many super powers, and fast speed was one of them. And now, fast speed came very handy in saving your life. Instead of sinking his bloody finger nails into your skin, it sank into Changhyun's.

But you had no worry, though. Since he was a vampire, he must also be immortal, meaning he'd never die. Which was a good thing... right? But you were suprised to see dark, red blood flowing out of Changhyun's back.

"C-Changhyun...." You mumbled, running up to him.

You looked up again, but to find the Dracula long gone, without a trace. Changhyun seemed like he was in so much pain, as he grabbed onto your shirt sleeve. Tears rolled down his cheeks, as he gritted his teeth in pain.

"A-are you hurt?" You asked.

He nodded painfully, and reached out for his injured spot. When he touched it, he let out a painful scream, and soon became quiet again. You were expecting Changhyun's wound to be healed, but it didn't. It never did.

"....... Changhyun... you fool..." You mumbled, as your eyes started to water.

Just then, Changhyun's hands that you've been holding suddenly dropped to the ground soundly. Gasping, you looked up at Changhyun's face to see him with his eyes tightly closed, as his face pale than before. You just didn't know what to do, as you saw Changhyun laying there, just like that. You touched his face, to find it suprisingly cold.

"C-Changhyun ah!" You cried, shaking his body.

You half expected him to wake up again, and hug you and say everything is going to be fine. You wanted him to tell you it was a silly joke, and that he was just tricking her. But, no. He never woke up.

---