s e v e n

Vampire Tears

----

You guys stayed like that for quite a while, Changhyun hugging you from behind. You were in his chest, and you felt so cozy and warm, and also really comfortable. You felt you belonged here, and this was the place where you should've been.

Snaping back into reality, you felt Changhyun slowly letting go of you, as he was coughing awkwardly. A minute of awkward silence flowed between you two, and you just stratched your head.

"Uhh, so what was it that you wanted to eat?" You finally opened your mouth.

Changhyun flashed you a smirk and headed for the kitchen. A second later, he came back with a box of oreos in his hand, as he grinned happily like a kid who had won a box of sweets.

You frowned and crossed your arms. Leaning against the wall. "So, I went through all that just to get you a box of oreos?"

He laughed and shurgged, as he started to rip the box of oreos and opened it. He popped the oreo into his mouth and munched on it happily. He looked so happy when he ate the oreo. 

"Is it good?" You asked, as the anger inside you started to slowly fade away, as you watched him eating.

He nodded once as a respond and continued eating the oreos. He was on his fourth oreo when you finally stopped him. You snatched away the oreo box from him, rather angrily.

Changhyun shot you a glare, and motioned you to hand over the box of oreos quickly. You shook your head and hid the box under your jacket, pouting a little. You couldn't let him eat the whole box, can you? Afterall, you liked oreos too!

"Give it back." He muttered bitterly.

You were really taken back at how threatning his voice was right now. His voice seemed so manly and... it just wasn't himself. You suddenly felt weird, as chills were immidiately sent down your back. You shivered a little, and shook your head.

"Why not? I want some oreos." 

You were thankful now that his voice changed back to his usual voice. The voice you heard a second ago really wasn't Changhyun himself. It was more like a monster-related voice instead of a proper human being's.

"You shouldn't eat too m-much sweets...." You mumbled.

He just raised one of his eyebrow then dropped it back down again. You quickly rushed towards the kitchen and hid the box of oreos under a cupboard, which was right on your height-level. A second later, Changhyun came in, too.

"Uh, I've gotta go now." He told you.

You stood up, as you were bending down a little. You gave Changhyun a smile and headed for the livingroom again, with him following you from behind. Just like a puppy on a leash.

"I thought you didn't have your house key with you." You opened your mouth, as you plopped down on the couch.

"Uhhh, I-I've found it n-now..." He stammered, walking towards the door.

You nodded and waved him a good bye. "See you at school tomorrow, then."

Changhyun made a grab for the door knob and twisted it, then opened the door. Facing you for the last time, he smiled and waved, then disappeared. He softly closed the door behind him too.

You were just sitting on the couch, staring at the door which he had disappeared in. A low sigh escaped your lips as you lied down on the couch lazily. You then the television, and "Gag Concert" was showing.

You grunted and shut off the television again. You hated "Gag Concert" so much. You believed it was just a stupid show where comedians comes and does crazy and silly stuffs to make people laugh. But instead, you frown. So does your mom. Maybe gag and comedy just isn't your idea of fun.

You felt your eyelids were becoming heavier by every second ticking pass. Soon, even before you noticed, you had slowly drifted off to your dreamland, where you were riding an unicorn and jumping over rainbows.

----

"Eunbin!"

"Ya!"

You heard your name being called by a familiar voice. Slowly opening your eyes, you saw your mom's confused face staring right at you from above. Surpised, you quickly jotted up and rubbed your eyes, and glanced at the clock.

You had slept for 2 hours straight. Oh, wow.

"Why are you home from school so early?" Your mom questioned you, as she took off her jacket which she wore for work today. You realized that it was the jacket you had bought for her, for her birthday last year. You were suprised that she could still fit it.

"Uh, it's a long story, mom." You lazily replied.

You weren't really in the mood to explain the whole story of Changhyun spilling his tomato soup all over your white blouse and you had to come home to get changed. No, just no.

"Do you want to eat something, sweetie?" You heard your mom's voice from the kitchen.

'When did she get there?' you thought to yourself, and forced yourself to sit up. You then practically dragged yourself towards the kitchen to see your mom.

"Huh?" You lazily popped your head in the kitchen door, and spotted your mom.

"I asked, do you wa-"

"No." You immidiately cut her off.

Your mom spun around to face you with a really confused look on her face. "You're not acting like yourself today." She gave you a concerned look.

You just laughed weakly and shurgged slightly. "What do you mean?" You asked, forcing a smile on your face. To be honest, you weren't sure why you were acting like this. Was it because of Changhyun? You thought so.

"You can go rest, sweetheart. You seemed to be having a long day today."

Thankful for your mom's words, you gave her a quick hug and headed for your bedroom and locked the door shut, so nobody could get inside without your permission. You lied down on your bed, staring up at your bedroom ceiling.

Your mind kept drifting off to Changhyun and his attitude eariler in the day. Why did his voice sound so serious? Suddenly, just like a flashback, you remembered seeing something reddish orange boiling inside his eyes.

"He's a real, live vampire!"

Gayoon's voice flashed into your head so suddenly. You choked a little and tilted your head to see the window. The sunset was beautiful in the sky. It was purple, red, pink, and orange all mixed in one.

Was it true? Can Changhyun really be a vampire, who goes around during nighttime and people's blood right out from their neck? Did he really have sharp, life-threatning fangs? You realized that your mind was starting to move slowly.

----

"Eunbin~" Gayoon greeted you the next morning, with a playful grin on her beautiful face. Playful grin was sort of like her trademark- guys drools over it.

You faced Gayoon, who was now sitting next to you. Today, she was tied her long, wavy, chocolate-brown hair into a neat pony tail. Not only that, she had a big, black & white ribbon, which looked beyond cute. It was more like perfect.

"Hey, I like your hair." You laughed.

Gayoon, smiling proudly touched her ribbon. "I know, I like it too. My mum tied it for me this morning."

Your eyes widened in shock, as you heard her words, one by one. Did she just say what you thought you heard? Did those words really come out from ? Did it, really?

She read your shocked face expression,as she chuckled a little, then shurgged. "Mum came back yesterday night. I'm sorry- I couldn't tell you first because I was busy spending my time with her."

You quickly nodded once, now with a happy grin on your face. Actually, Gayoon's parents had divorced ever since she was 2. She have't seen/met her dad. so she has no memories about her own dad. You always felt sorry for her about that, and who was she living with? Well, the answer to the question is pretty simple- alone.

Gayoon lived alone in a small condo. Since she was 16 this year, she was old enough to live on her own. Up unitl she was 10, she was living in an orphanage. When she turned 10, she left the orphanage, and lived alone. You thought that was simply amazing, for a 10 year old girl to live alone.

She had lost contact with her mum. But now, in 14 years, her mum finally came back! You felt so happy and excited for your best friend. You wondered what her mum looked like.

"R-really? That's really cool!" You exclaimed happily. Giving Gayoon a quick friendly hug, you spotted Changhyun sliding into the classroom. His face looked paler than usual- but you guessed it was just your mind playing tricks on you.

Gayoon was still grinning when again, the classroom door slided open and your homeroom teacher came in, with glasses. Coughing, he walked over to the front of the class, and immidiately everyone stopped talking. They all turned their heads towards him, waiting for him to go on with the announcement.

"Guys," he started off. "we're going on a fieldtrip."

There were a few 'ohs' and 'ahs' amoung the students. Some seemed excited about the idea of going on a fieldtrip. Some, on the other hand seemed bored and dulled about the idea. Well, you were somewhere in the middle.

You weren't practically thirlled about the idea of going away on a fieldtrip. But then again, you figured out it was better than having to be locked up in a classroom for the entire day. C'mon, that was way boring.

----

Your mind raced around all way. You just couldn't stop thinking about Changhyun and his weird side. And then, there are riddiculous rumours that he's a vampire. 

Could it be possibily true?

I mean, ordinary human beings doesn't have boiling redish orangeish thing in their eyes, when they get furious. Wasn't Changhyun a full human being, like you and Gayoon? What exactly was happening now?

You had so many questions to ask, yet nobody to answer the questions. Well, all except Changhyun himself. You just couldn't go up to him and start pouring him tons of questions, can you? That would totally be weird.

You decided to wait for a while, before making up your mind. Afterall, what you had seen could have been the lights playing tricks on you. You must have seen in wrongly.

You believed it was correct. Changhyun couldn't be a vampire! He was.. just too cute, adorable, fluffy(?) and bubbly, if that's even an adjective to describe human.

'Eunbin, you don't even believe in vampires!' You scolded yourself.

"Eunbin~" Gayoon called, as soon as the bell rang loudly through the hallway. It was the last bell of the day, thankfully. You would have mentally killed yourself if there was another period or not.

"Mhmm?" you replied, looking up at her, with questions marks filled in your eyes.

"Do you even believe in vampires?"

.....

"Yeah, totally." you replied, with a smile. You nearly burst out laughing when you saw Gayoon's shocked face expression, literally hanging down onto the floor. Her eyes were wide in shock, just like a rabbit who met a tiger or something.

"R-really?!" she exclaimed.

You nodded, and started to pack up your bag. "And also Santa Clause, and Easter Bunnies. Hey, and tooth faires too!" you added, playfully shoving her in the arms.

Gayoon frowned, and adjusted her backpack strap. "I knew it, huh." she grunted.

"Gayoon, he-he's not a vampire. It's... impossible!" you hisseed, giving Changhyun a quick glace. He was busily packing up his bag, and tidying his desk that he didn't notice you looking at him. Or... did he?

"Who knows?" she asked.

You grinned, and hung your backpack over your right shoulder and headed for the door. Gayoon quietly followed you from close behind. Walking out of the school building together, she naturally linked her arm into yours. 

"No way." You insisted, giving her a glare.

"EUNBIN, he's a vampire!!" Gayoon said, a little too loud this time.

People passing by gave you weird stares, wondeing what was going on. Some were freaking out a bit, and you were beyond embarrassed to be seen with Gayoon in public right now.

Gayoon was pretty and all that, but one thing about her that was bad was that was big, and her voice was sometimes too loud. She just doesn't notice it, maybe. Or perhaps she's just really clueless.

----

Of course, soon after you parted with Gayoon, you headed back to the school building again. Nobody knew that you stayed after school to clean and tidy the classroom. Well, all except Changhyun. He was definitely something.

When you slided open the classroom door, you almost stumpled back and fall. You found Changhyun there, busy erasing the board which was filled with Math formulas and equations.

He probably heard your gasp, as he turned around. When he saw you, your face probably white as a paper, he smiled and motioned you to come inside. Obeying(?) this order, you steped into the classroom nervously.

As you shut the door carefully behind you, Changhyun went back to erasing the board again. You took a glance at the board and nearly gasped- again!

A second ago, just as you had opened the door, the board was filled with Math equations. But now....?
You just couldn't believe your eyes. The board was perfectly clean.

There was not a trace of anything on the board. It was.... just impossible.

Changhyun must have noticed the shocked face expression of yours, as he shurgged slightly. You could feel your skin shaking under you, as you slowly took one, two, three steps backwards.

Eventually, your back was against the classroom door. Trying hard not to make a single sound, you grabbed the door knob and twisted it open. Since you weren't a slow runner, you planned to make a dash down the hall and out of the building as fast as you could possibly can.

Changhyun's POV

She came into the classroom, and was obviously shocked to see me in there already. But the truth was, I had been stalking her with Gayoon, until she made a run for the school. As quick as a lightening, I ran to the school and pretended to be there before her, when I just got there seconds ago.

Since I couldn't be bothered to erase all the things on the board, I decided to use my magic power. DUH.

I was a vampire for a reason, wasn't I? I didn't know Eunbin would have noticed it. When she looked at the board and saw that everything was perfectly clean.

I didn't expect her to be this catchy and smart. MHMMMM.

When she ran out with a terrified look on her face, I almost wanted to grab her wrist and stop her. Afterall, I liked Eunbin. She was the first person (or girl,) ever to have spoken to me first. And that was why she was that special.

And that was also why she gained my interest the second she called my name in the cafeteria on my first day.

Could it be? Could Eunbin be this catchy? Could she.... know that I'm a vampire?

I don't want her to run away. She's so special to me. She'll forever be my by side..... forever.

----