t e n

Vampire Tears

---

On a lazy Saturday afternoon, you would probably be at home, sleeping. You'd probably be in your dreamland, jumping over rainbows while riding an unicorn. You know, those kind of afternoons.

But today was different. 0700 am, you jotted up from your bed at your alarm's music. You quickly turned off the alarm and walked out of your bedroom to find your mum in the livingroom, watching television. She seemed awfully suprised when she saw you this early in the morning, without any special events or occassions.

"Why are you up so early, sweetie?" She asked.

"I-I have somewhere to go this morning."

Completely ignoring your mum's puzzled stare, you made your way to the kitchen. You lurked around it, hoping to find something to eat before heading out, but you frowned as you found nothing in particular that you liked.

"Do you want something to eat?" 

"No, I'm good!" You replied.

You walked back into your bedroom, and locked the door shut. Afterall, you did want some privacy of your own. You were a growing teenager right now, and need space and time for herself. Don't all teenagers feel that way?

Picking up your phone, you decided to text Changhyun. You opened Kakaotalk, which was a Korean app that was free for chatting and as well as calling, which was called "voice talk". It was all free, unless you didn't have an Internet connection. Like wi-fi or 3G.

 

You: Changhyun-ah!

Changhyun: Mhmm?

You: Are you free today?

Changhyun: No, I'm expensive.

 

At Changhyun's silly response, you couldn't help but to let out a soft chuckle. This guy, Yoo Changhyun, can be super adorable sometimes! This was one moment you were proud to have him in your life, to protect you.

 

You: Seriously. Are you free?

Changhyun: Yeah, totally.

You: Good. :D Meet me at Starbucks.

Changhyun: When?

You: 10.

Changhyun: Alright, then.

You: See you soon.^^

Changhyun: Bye! <3

You: Bye. ;]

 

After you ended your "cheesy" message with Changhyun, you softly threw your phone onto your bed. You stood up and walked over to your closet, and opened it with all your might. Your condition wasn't being very helpful today, and you had an awful lot of work to do before meeting up your boyfriend.

You grabbed a simple white T-shirt and a skinny jean. After wearing it, you headed for your bathroom. You did all those typical "girl-friend stuffs" in there, washing your face, brushing your teeth, and also brushing your hair. 

Sitting in front of your desk, you stared into your reflection in your mirror. You decided to tie your hair into a sort of neat-looking-messy bun today, since it was the easiest thing to do with your long, wavy hair. Most girls would either let her hair go, or tie it into a pony-tail, but you hated pony tails. You didn't like how your hair would bounce off your neck, because it would be very ticklish.

Unlike other girls out there, you didn't put on much makeup. In fact, you were like enimies with makeup. Putting on makeup sufforcated you. You just didn't feel like yourself when you had makeup on.

But today, everything was different. You put on BB cream, which isn't really considered as a "makeup" for teenage girls. But for you, it was a pretty big deal to apply BB cream. BB cream was like a base for all makeups, but you only applied BB cream and nothing more.

You did apply tint, though. Tint is something you put on your lips to make it look more pinkier (or redder) than usual. It was kind of like lip stick, but it wasn't as thick and heavy as it. Tint was something more for young teenagers, while lip sticks are for adults.

Of course, your mum's confused and puzzled gaze followed you around the livingroom, as you were getting ready to go out. You were in the kitchen, making yourself a peanut butter sandwich. As you were applying peanut butter jam on your freshly toasted toast, your mum slided into the kitchen.

"Peanut butter sandwich, eh?" Your mum commented.

"Mhm."

"Where are you going?"

"Somewhere."

"Tell me, sweetie."

"Mum," You groaned, and turned around to face your mum. "I'm not a kid anymore, okay?"

"But-"

"I'm going now, mum. See you~" You said quickly, shoving the andwich into your mouth.

Giving your mum a soft kiss on her cheeks, you headed for the door. When you stepped out of your apartment, the chilly cool breeze seemed to welcome you. You thought you'd freeze to death, so you zipped up your jacket and walked down the street.

Waiting for the bus at the bus stop must be the most boring thing in the world to do. And right now, you were doing the most boring thing to do in the world, waiting for the bus to arrive. With a sigh, you leant against against a pole. 

Your legs started to ache, but you couldn't sit down. Why? Because the seats were full, way too full for you to fit in. You started to get bored, so you took out your phone from your bag. You stuck the earphone into your ear, and clicked on "random play". You really couldn't be bothered to switch songs everytime one ended.

As you were nodding your head to the rythm of the song, you noticed out of the corner of your eye that your bus was arriving. With a hurry, you paused the song, and put your phone back into your bag.

Nibbling your lips nervously, you pushed yourself away from the pole to get ready to get on the bus. You weren't really used to riding buses, so you were a tiny bit nervous about it. Hahahaha, silly right?

When the bus came to a stop right in front of your bus stop, you swear your heart was thumping. Inhaling air with all your might, and exhaled it. The bus door opened, and you had to wait until several people to get on before you did. It was finally your turn. You got on the bus, and scanned the card onto the machine. You took a quick glance at the bus driver and noticed that he was quite young, unlike other bus drivers. He looked like he was in his mid 20s, which you found suprising.

Giving him a small smile, you walked towards the back of the bus. You spotted an empty seat by the window, so you sat down there. Putting your bag on your lap, you stared out of the window as you felt the bus started moving. 

Suddenly, your eyelids felt so heavy. With a long yawn, you sat in a more comfortable position and closed your eyes shut, thinking to take a quick nap. But you didn't realize that you had drifted off to sleep, until you finally arrived at your destination.

----

"Mhmmm..." 

You mumbled, as you looked through some books. You were at the local library, and you were at the "Fiction stories" corner. There was only one type of book you were desperately looking for, though. Yup, you've guessed it.

All about Vampires

Reading the title of the book, your hand automatically reached out for it. It seemed like your eyes were only scanning for vampire-related books. You flipped through the book with a small frown on your face. You just couldn't find the right book!

"Ahem.. excuse me..?"

As you were furiously flipping through the pages of the "ALL ABOUT VAMPIRES" book, you heard someone besides you. Sighing, you tilted your head to check out who it was.

Your eyes widened in shock when you saw who it was. It was a cute-looking guy, who looked around 180cm tall. He had a killer eyesmile, you noticed, as he was smiling at you. You also realized that he was offering you a can of energy drink.

"I've seen you here for an hour, without stopping or drinking anything. Here," He explained.

Coughing, you smiled a little and took the drink. "Thanks." You stated, eyeing the drink of can.

The unknown guy just flashed you some more of his eyesmile with a soft chuckle. "What's your name, beautiful?"

You frowned immidiately. "You're a player, aren't you?"

"Am not," The guy replied. "My name's Lee Chanhee,"

"So?"

At your cold and unexpected reply, he coughed a little. He seemed taken back. You weren't interested in boys. Not even guys with killer eyesmiles; like Chanhee. There was only one guy in your head, and who had your heart. It was Yoo Changhyun.

"What's your name?" Chanhee questioned, as he followed you to the next block.

Completely ignoring him, your eyes were busily dancing around the title of books, trying to find a book with the word "vampire" written on it. Having a vampire as your boyfriend could be quite tiring sometimes. Since you didn't know anything about vampires, you decided to do some research about it. Afterall, you were his girlfriend and you were supposed to know a lot about vampires. Right?

Lee Chanhee scanned the books in your hand, with a soft chuckle. "Vampires? Mhm.. are you interested in vampires?" He questioned you. Of course, you once again, ignored him completely. You were quite talented at ignoring people, and that talent was very useful right now.

"It's none of your business, Chanhee-sshi." You finally replied.

"Chanhee-sshi? You don't need to be so formal, beautiful."

"Stop, I have my name, okay? And it isn't beautiful." You shot at him.

"Fine. What's your name?"

"Jung Eu- Nevermind."

"Tell me. Jung what?"

"I'm not telling you, Chanhee-sshi!"

As you grabbed another vampire-related book off a shelf, you headed towards an empty table towards the back. Chanhee followed you silently to the table, and sat down right opposite of you. Although he was getting on your nerves, you decided to let him be.

Sitting in the most comfortable position, you started to flip through the pages of the vampire-related books. You were determained to find out some useful and handy informations about vampires. You could swear that fire were shooting out from your eyes, like in cartoons. Too bad this was reality and not a cartoon animation, nor a dream. It was just reality. Scary, huh?

"Why are you so into vampires?" Chanhee asked you, after a few minutes of complete slience.

Hearing his question, you immidiately stopped flipping through the book. Your hand stopped mid-way in the air, as you sighed a little. What can you tell him? That your boyfriend was a vampire, and that you needed to know more about vampires?

No. He'd probably drag you to a nearby mental hospital and get you treated. He'd probably treat you as a mentally diabled person, and judge you. People these days can be so cruel sometimes. They judge other people, without even knowing their untold story.

"I-I just like vampires." You said, refusing any eye-contact with Chanhee.

"You do? That's odd.. you don't look like a girl who finds bloody things interesting. Do you like horror movies, too?"

"Yes, I do."

"What have you watched?" Chanhee asked.

"Final destination, The Saw, the Grudge, the Ring, One Missed Call, Texas Chainsaw, Evil dead and much more."

"Oh, wow!" He exclaimed, with a joyful smile. "I watched all that, too." He added quickly.

"Cool." You replied flatly.

You went back to flipping through the books. When you found something that seemed useful or interesting, you'd take some smal notes inside your notebook, with your feather pen.

After what seemed like hours of staring into books, you felt like your eyes would literally pop out of your head. Your eyes hurted and ached, due to lots of sudden reading. You regretted not reading books before. If so, you could've read more vampire-related books.

With a low sigh, you started to count how many books you have read. In total, it was 12 books. That was quite a lot. Besides, the books were so thick and they looked so ancient!

"Are you done now?" Chanhee questioned you, as he watched you packing your stuffs to leave.

"Yes."

"Where are you going? Home?"

"No."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He laughed, obviously joking.

"Yes."

At your reply, he frooze on the spot, just like ice. You grabbed your jacket, and rushed out of the library to meet Changhyun. It was 15 minutes before your appointment with him, and you didn't want to be late. You hated to keep someone waiting.

Starbucks wasn't so far away from the library you were in. It took you 10 minutes to walk, so you decided to walk instead of jogging. The weather was much warmer than a few hours ago, probably before the Sun was fully awake now.

You were listening to music while walking down the busy street of young people. Finally, you arrived at your destination- Starbucks. You enjoyed coming to Starbucks on chilly weathers, to drink some warm coffee with some chocolate-chip cookie. With a semi-smirk across your face, you pushed open the cafe door, and stepped inside, your eyes scanning the cafe for Changhyun.

---

"Eunbin-ah!" Changhyun grinned as he spotted you.

You waved at him and jogged up to your boyfriend. Without any doubt, you sat down directly opposite to him, and put down your bag on the floor besides you.

"Changhyun, I have something to ask you." You said.

He nodded, motioned you to go ahead. With a small smile, you opened your bag and took out your notebook along with your feather pen. You had made some notes. As you were about to ask Changhyun a question, you couldn't. Well.. you didn't have the neatest hand-writing in the whole world. You had to stare hard to figure out what you had written.

"... So.. there are two ways of being a vampire, right?" You asked.

"Yes, true."

"One is a naturally born vampire. Two, a naturally born vampire had biten you."

"Yeah. How did you know that?"

"Which one are you?" You asked, ignoring his question.

".. The second one. I'm not a naturally born vampire."

"H-how did you.... become a vampire?"

Changhyun, with a grin across his face, crossed his arms. He had a playful grin, and it seemed like he was about to tell you a big, dark secret that nobody else knew. It was correct, though. He leant closer to you, with his elbows on the table.

"You see..." He started, staring into space for a second. "It was 20 years ago..."

---