s i x

Vampire Tears

----

The guy slowly let go out Changhyun's neck, and came for you. It was when the elevator door arrived at the first floor, and the door slided open. But nobody dared to move a muscle. You could feel the tense atmosphere.

Minji's oh-so-lovely boyfriend eyed you from head-to-toe. You felt like an animal in a zoo. The guy quietly laughed and pushed your forehead with his index finger, with a smirk on his face. Tracing the outline of your face, he didn't wipe off that smirk.

"What did you just call me?" He demanded.

You could literally feel his breath on you, as your faces were only a few centimetes apart from each other. His breath smelled like cinnamon, which wasn't so bad. You'd totally die right there if he had a killer breath. Thank goddness for that.

You heard Minji's fake laugh from behind the guy. "Babe, look at her shirt. It's all soaked! Is that a new fashion trend between.. uhh.. people like you?" She asked, pointing a finger towards you.

The guy stepped aside, and let Minji through. Minji came right in front of you, with her signature phony smile. Oh, how you wanted to give that girl a nice slap! How you'd wish she'd just disappear into thin air! You never seen a girl like her before.

She poked your shirt, with a disgusted look on her face. "Eww, ew! Is that tomato soup? OHMYGOOOD."

Acting like a total freak, she let out a super annoying high-pitched scream and rushed towards her boyfriend, and hid behind him. You glanced over at Changhyun, and caught a glimsp of something reddish orange in his eyes.

Shaking your head, you looked over again but saw nothing there. Thinking you must have seen it wrong, you noticed that Changhyun was making a move towards the ^ button of the elevator. He finally pressed it, then acted like nothing had happened.

He looked over at you and gave you a smile, letting you know that everything was gonna be alright. You suddenly felt much better now, that you realized he was here with you.

A second later, the elevator door slided open, and suddenly Changhyun made a grab for your hand. Holding your hand tightly, he ran towards the elevator and pushed you inside first. Quick as a lighting, he pressed the '>|<' button before Minji and her boyfriend could catch up.

Instead of pressing on the number 15th floor, he pressed the 7th foor and leant against the wall, panting hard. When you shot him a puzzled look, he raised his hand, as if to say 'i can explain, hold on a seond. i want to catch my breath'.

A low sigh escaped from your lips, as the elevator kept shooting up towards the 7th floor. To be honest, you were slightly crossed that you couldn't go home straight away. You really did want to take a shower and change into a nice, clean shirt.

"If I p-pressed the 15th floor," Changhyun finally opened his mouth, still panting hard like a dog. "They'd probably see that we live on the 15th floor and..." He let his voice trail off.

"they'd come for us." You finished off, reading his mind. He grinned and gave you a thumbs up in return.

The elevator finally arrived at the 7th floor. When the door opened, again, Changhyun grabbed your hand and ran towards the emergency staircase. You figured out that Minji and her boyfriend would soon arrive, either with the stair or the elevator.

Changhyun and you ran towards the 15th floor. Stomping up the stairs together, you noticed he had a guilty look on his face. He was probably regretting that he pressed the 7th floor instead of 12th or 13th. Which was more closer to 15 than 7.

A few minutes later, you both arrived at the 15th foor. Both panting like dogs, you searched for your key and opened the door. Changhyun was about to naturally follow you inside, when you spun around and stopped him.

"What do you think you're doing?" You shot.

"I'm uh... uh, g-gonna uh...." he stammered, scratching his head in embarrassment.

"You went in my house t-too!" He exclaimed, pouting a little.

You patted him on his back, as you were too short to reach for his head without having him to bend down. Changhyun was still pouting, which you thought looked adorable.

"I don't even have my key with me." He replied, showing you his super empty pocket.

You sighed and looked back, into your livingroom, which was a little messsy. But of course, not as messy as his house. Uh, since you were practically addicted to cleaning, you always kept your house neat and tidy. Unlike someone.

You then stepped aside a little to let Changhyun in. When he stepped inside, he quickly closed the door, afraid that Minji will catch up with him. It wasn't hard to figure out that he disgusted Minji and her attitude.

"Stay here, alright? I'm going to take a quick shower." You said, and headed for the bathroom, which was located inside your bedroom. You twisted the door knob, and shot Changhyun one last glance before opening the door and stepping inside.

You locked the door and closed all the curtains, ready to take a shower.

----

After a refreshing shower, you dried yourself, and dried your hair too. Wearing a clean, fresh T-shirt for once, you immidiately felt better. It seemed like ages since you've wore a nice clean shirt.

With a towel around your neck and your hair still wet, you stepped out into the livingroom and found Changhyun on the couch, lying. His eyes were closed, and you knew straight away that he fell asleep while waiting for you.

Smiling to yourself, you walked towards him, and bent down to match the eye-level with him. His baby-face and pale skin tone somehow made your heart flutter, just a tiny bit. Slowly, you reached out to brush his hair which was in his eyes. Just as you were about to brush it away, Changhyun suddenly opened his yes, causing you to stop mid-air and stare at him with wide, suprised eyes.

Rubbing his eyes, Changhyun grinned at you. "What were you doing?" He teased you, slowly sitting up straight. Couching awkwardly, you continued to dry your hair using your towel. You headed for the kitchen.

"Do you want to eat something?" You called out to him.

A second later, Changhyun came sliding into the kitchen, and he ran up to you. He looked around the kitchen with only his eyes, and a grin spreaded across his face as he spotted something high above the cupboard.

"What is it?" You asked.

Smiling like a little kid who'd seen a giant candy shop, he pointed up towards the cupboard. Unlike him, you were too short to see the "thing" he wanted to eat from where you were standing.

Grabbing the nearest chair, you stepped on top of it. You couldn't see it even though you were standing on a chair. You stood on your tiptoes, and THEN you could barely see the edge of the "thing".

You tip-toed and leant against the cupboard. You see, your balance wasn't that great. I mean, you weren't in a circus or anything special. You were just an ordinary girl.

Of course, it wasn't easy to keep your balance. Suddenly, the chair beneath you started wobling. Panicing, you turned your head around and saw Changhyun had turned his back on you, busily doing something.

You spread your arms wide apart, trying to keep your balance before you fall down. Take note that the chair you were standing on was pretty tall. You couldn't even shout for Changhyun, afraid that you'll fall the second you opened your mouth.

A suprised moan escaped your lips, as the chair started to tip forwards. You realize that you were a coward to be thinking that Changhyun was holding the chair beneath you. Well, it was all your misunderstanding.

Suddenly, just as you fell off the chair, Changhyun ran over quickly, and caught you by your waist. The chair tipped over, and he seemed realived that you didn't hurt yourself. But what was more shocking was that your faces were only a few inches apart! Changhyun was staring behind you, at the fallen chair, and you were staring at his eyes. If you just leant forward, your lips would definitely touch.

He finall let go of you with a guilty look on your face. "I-I'm sorry, Eunb-bin...." He mumbled.

You shot him your death glare, hating him for not being there sooner. "Do you know how much I was sared up there? Afterall, the chair is tall an" tears started to flow down your cheeks, as you thought about the earlier situation.

As you wiped your tears with your sleeve, you felt something warm and comfortable wrapping around your body. You slowly looked up to realize it was Changhyun; hugging you from behind. Yes, it was a back-hug.

"I'm sorry. I should've been there when you were on the chair." He whispered.

----