t w e l e v e

Vampire Tears

----

Not knowing what to do, you were just sitting there in the middle of the empty street, with the "dead" Changhyun in yours arms soundly. His eyes were closed, and his face was turning paler by each ticking second.

You wanted to do anything- you'd do anything to make him open his eyes again, even if it meant for you to close your eyes and sleep forever and ever. Afterall, the reason for his "death" was you, and Dracula. You closed your eyes, as your eyes watered again.

Your eyes turned hot, and you opened your eyes. The image of Changhyun and the Dracula fighting was still as fresh as a minute ago's memory for you. Looking down at the injured and harmed Changhyun, you started to hate yourself for letting this happen.

Why did this jerk had to jump in your business and get... killed? It'd be so much better if it was YOU who got injured and died, instead of Changhyun. You were just an ordinary human being, while he wasn't. He was super special and... he was just very exordinary. He was a vampire, afterall. He wasn't human, and that was very special. A person like that couldn't just die like that.

'I-I thought vampires were immortal....' You thought, touching Changhyun's cheeks with your hand.

Just then, like a flashback, you suddenly remembered a little someting you've read about vampires earlier today. You've read that vampires didn't die, they were immortal.

... unless, the "person" who "killed" them came and harm them. If so, they would die. Forvever.... and ever.

Staring at Changhyun, you started to panic. His death suddenly came to you like a lightning, striking you right in your heart. It started to ahce, as your heart started to beat faster. Your breath became heavier, as your eyes watered again.

Just then, a single drop of tear from your right eye dribbled down your right cheek, and down your chin. When it got to your chin, it dropped down right below, onto Changhyun's cheek.

At that very second, something very magical and exordinary happened. Changhyun's paper-pale cheeks and face turned pinkish, and his face was no longer pale. You noticed his body (and face) was getting warmer than before. Much warmer.

"Changhyun...?" You whispered, shaking him softly.

Slowly but obviously, Changhyun opened his eyes. When he fully did, you let down the tears of joy, as he struggled to sit up again. His eyes were fully opened, and he wasn't dead!

You were so happy you couldn't do or say anything. You grinned, maybe a grin too big for your rather small-looking face. When Changhyun saw you, he smiled, too. It was a weak and unnotice-able smile, but you noticed it. Of course you could!

".... YOU IDIOT!' You shouted, flicking his forehead with a frown.

He grinned like an idiot, and sat there, rubbing his forehead which now had turned redish. With another idiot-like smile, he leant in and pulled you into a tight bear hug, tackling you down onto the cement floor. You two lied on the floor, playing with each other happily.

----

"I didn't know that," You said, as you two walked down the dark street, hand in hand.

"Of course you didn't. It's normal, Eunbin. Well.. I'm glad you cried for me." He smiled, squeezing your hand tighter.

"I know, I'm glad too. I can't believe a single drop of tear had saved you!" You cried.

"Mhm.. I'm sorry for freaking you out. I can just imagine how you would be panicing over my dead body." He chuckled.

"Hey, no! I didn't panic..." You mumbled, lowering your gaze onto the floor.

"Well," Changhyun said, smiling. "I love you."

"UGH." You replied. "You're super cheesy."

"Oh, and there's one another thing you don't know..." He said, pausing a little.

"What is it?" You asked curiously.

".. I'm no longer a vampire anymore." He replied.

"... Huh?"

"I'm a human. Look!" He said, bringing your hand to touch his cheeks.

Suprisingly, it was very warm and human-like. You gasped, and laughed. You just couldn't be happier like this in a day! You were so sad and panicing one minute, and jumping up and down in joy the next. Today was definitely a day to remember. In your heart and head.

"You're.. you're...." You stammered, staring at Changhyun. "You're human!"

----

10 years later....

 
"Honey!" shouted Changhyun from his bedroom.

"Yes?" replied his wife from the kitchen.

"I'm hungry!"He whined, strocking his daughter's hair."And I suppose EunJae is, too." He added, with a smile.

EunJae was a daughter of Changhyun and his wife's. They were a very happy family, with a 8 year old daughter between them. They were living in a small and cozy cottage near the woods, with no other houses or families nearby.

"Breakfast is ready!"

At his wife's words, Changhyun and EunJae ran out of the bedroom to eat breakfast. His wife would always say they looked like starved pigs, who hasen't eaten anything in weeks.

The wife rolled her eyes, and sat down opposite of Changhyun, next to her lovely daughter. She watched those two eat hungrily, stuffing their face in peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She chuckled, as she wiped off some jam from EunJae's lips.

"Slow down, you two." She said softly, smiling over at her dear husband.

After they were all done with their breakfast, the wife decided to go re-do her passport by herself. When she got there, she wrote down her name, adress, family members etc and handed it to an officer behind a counter.

"Your name is...." He looked closely at the paper she had handed him. "Jung... Eunbin?"

"Yes," She replied, smling. "I'm Jung Eunbin."