t w o

Vampire Tears

---

You were standing in line in your school's cafeteria with Gayoon right behind you. Kids were chattering away, gossiping, giggling and joking around with their friends while eating. But you knew what they are talking about.

Yoo Changhyun.

People say he is a real vampire, who people's blood from their neck using their sharp fangs.
You don't believe the rumor, though. You were probably the only person in the entire school not to believe the rumor about Changhyun being a vampire. It couldn't be true. It wasn't true at all.

"Look!" Gayoon hissed, and pointed to the enterance of the cafeteria.

You turned around and saw Changhyun there, his eyes dancing all over the cafeteria, as if he was searching for a place to seat. You realized he didn't have a lunch tray with him.

'He'd have to get in line,' You thought, and sighed.

Moving up one step in the line, you didn't take your eyes off Changhyun. He looked lost there, his two eyes busily searching around the cafeteria. He looked like a kid who lost his mother in a big supermarket. Afterall, he did look really young and babyish.

"Changhyun!"

Taking a deep breath, you waved and called out his name. You couldn't just leave him hanging there forever. He'd have to eat lunch, anyways. Afterall, he was human right?

He turned his head towards you, and his face immidiately lightened up when he spotted you waving to him from the line. He rushed towards you, and you let him cut in line in front of you. You couldn't let him go to the back of the line.

You could definitely feel Gayoon's puzzled stare from behind, which was about to pierce through the back of your head, but you ignored it anyways. Changhyun seemed happy now that he met someone that he actually know, or maybe because you called out to him first.

"Thanks," He faced you and grinned.

Looking at his face from up close, you couldn't help but to notice that his face was unusually white and pale.

It's probably because he's sick, or maybe his skin tone is just white. Or maybe it's his makeup.

You grinned back at him and gave him a thumbs-up in return.
"You're welcome." You replied.

A minute of silence was heard, as you guys kept moving in line. Of course, with Gayoon following from behind without speaking at all. You noticed she was crossed, but you chose to ignore it. For now, anyways.

"I-I'm Jung Eunbin." You opened your mouth to break the ice.
You hated when an awkward silence flowed by during a conversation. It just makes things awkward between friends, and you were the type of girl who hates awkwardness.

"Eunbin is such a pretty name. A name that I'll always remember, in here."
Changhyun replied, and patted his left chest, where his heart was.

Of course, your heart started to flutter and billions of butterflies flew into your stomach. You felt as though those billion butteflies were trying to escape your stomach, and your heart started to beat a mile a second.
A boy as cute as Changhyun saying something totally heart-melting definitely could win a girl's heart.

You snapped back into reality as you realized it was already your turn in line. You just grabbed the first tray you saw and hurried out of the line, with Changhyun and Gayoon following you.

You and Gayoon walked to your usual seat; the table towards the back right next to the window.
You always liked to seat by the window. Although you didn't know why, windows always made you feel a whole lot better. This was somehow embarrassing to mention, but you treated window like your friend.
You'd talk to it and spill out all your problems. Even though it couldn't give you any advices back, you felt like it was actually listening to you. The cool, chilly breeze was your favorite, and birds singing was your favorite song of all times.

On a cool, chilly weekned afternoon, and when you hear birds singing in the distance, you'd close your eyes shut and enjoy the moment. It just felt like you were in a paradise of your own. That was your imagination of heaven and paradise.

Of course, Gayoon didn't understand your unique hobby. She was more into makeup, fashion, clothes, boys and relationships. She was the type of girl who'd go partying every Friday and Saturday night.
And when you meant partying, you didn't mean partying as in clubbing and hooking up with random boys. Gayoon's definition of "party" was having fun with friends, and it didn't have to be at night.

If her definition of "party" was the same as the s in your school, she wouldn't be your best friend.
Although your hobbies were different, you guys still somehow remained as best friends; an ireplaceable friend that you cherrish so much. You believed you couldn't ask for a better friend than Gayoon.

Gayoon was eating her fish n' chips silently, her lips sticking out a little. You could definitely tell she was cross, mad or angry at something or someone. It was probably you right now.

Sighing, you dropped your fork onto your tray and stared at her until she lookd up from her tray.
"Don't stare at me like that while I'm eating. You know I hate it," She said.

"What's your problem?" You demanded angrily.

"Yo-"

"Eunbin....?"

Just as Gayoon was about to answer your question, you heard somebody calling your name.
Looking up, you stared into the face of Changhyun, smiling down at you.

"H-huh...?"

He eyed your table for a second then nodded to his tray then at your table.
"Can I sit with you?" He asked.

You faced Gayoon, who wasn't paying attention to Changhyun at all, and you thought it wasn't polite to ignore a person like that. Changhyun wasn't a type of guy who deserved to get ignored, espeacially by Gayoon.
She wasn't the type of girl who'd ignore people and be cold to them. She's friendly and talkative. Well, usually.

You stared at her uncertainly, wondering what to do with him. Since she didn't give you a clue on what to do, you just nodded and patted the empty seat next to you, motioning for him to take a seat.
He did as he was told, and sat down next to you.

"Thank you. I don't have any frie-"

Just as Changhyun was speaking Gayoon slammed her fork onto her tray. She practically thew it.
You stared at her with your mouth opened, as you watched her standing up and stomping towards the trash bin.

You and Changhyun both exchanged puzzled glances, and you let out a deep sigh.
Gayoon was now putting her tray into the pile furiously. She practically slammed the tray onto the pile and stomped out of the cafeteria, completely ignoring other people's stares following her.

"I-is she mad?" Changhyun stammered.

He was obviously shocked to see Gayoon acting like that. You understood him, though.
Because you were also shocked. You've never seen her acting like that before, ever. It was mostly you who'd explode and stomp out of goddness-knows-where. But now it was the other way around.

Gayoon was usually the calm and understanding one. She didn't have a short temper, and you knew that better than anyone else did. You've known her for quite a time now, and she wasn't the type of girl who'd act so dramatic.

"It's alright, she's just stressed out...." You mumbled and picked on your food.

---

Finally, the last bell echoed through the school hallway, and loud cheers of students were heard from every classrooms. Kids piled out of their classrooms, some arms in arms with their friends, and chattering away while walking down the hallway.

You remainded in your seat, though. You always went out of the classroom last, because you didn't like gettng stuck between other people in the hallway. You'd clean the board, adjust all the desks and lock the classroom door before leaving.

Sitting in your seat, you started to pack your bag when you suddenly felt a strange aurora around you. You could feel that somebody else was in here, too. Chills were sent down your spine, and you shievered slightly.

You carefully and slowly turned your hear around and spotted a figure at the back of the classroom.
It was a 'he', and he was facing the wall while doing something.

"W-who is this?" You called out, your voice shaking.

You admit, you were really afraid of people ever since little. Ghosts were no exceptions either.
Being alone in the room with an unknown stranger really freaked you out.

You felt like screaming, but you thought it wouldn't be good to do so.
What if that person turns out to be someone you know? That would be so embarrassing.

Slowly, the person turned around to face you. You could swear at this minute, your heart was beating faster than anyone else in this world. You felt as though your heart will literally pop out of your lungs at any second now.

You suddenly felt so tense and nervous. Laughing at yourself quietly, you shook away the nevous-ness but it didn't go away as you planned. As the person turned around, you gripped your skirt tightly.

But then bursted out laughing when you saw the person's face.

"YAAHH!" You screamed and ran up to him, frowning.

Changhyun giggled and patted your head softly.
As you were 155cm and he was about 170cm, you were alot shorter than he was.

"I scared you, didn't I?" He teased.

Pouting, you pushed away his hands and stomped back to your seat.
You put your bag on your desk and made your way towards the board to clean it. The teachers never clean the board, nor did the cleaning lady. Actually, the cleaning lady cleans the boards, all except your classroom.

You sighed and picked up the board eraser when someone came up behind you, and snatched away the eraser from your hands. You spun around and spotted Changhyun running away with the eraser in his hands, laughing like a little child.

"Hey, give it back!" You shouted at him, and ran.

You guys spent the next 10 minutes running around and shouting inside the classroom, you trying to snatch away the eraser and Changhyun trying to protect it.

A minute later, you both were literally dead on the floor. Sitting on the classroom floor, you sighed and looked up at the ceiling and noticed that it was rather dirty.

'I'll have to clean it tomorrow.' You thought to yourself

Turning to Changhyun who was patting really hard, you motioned him to hand you back the eraser. Shaking his head, he put in under his jacket and zipped it shut.

"H-"

"I'll clean the board and adjust all the desks today." He said, cutting you off.

You huffed and frowned slightly, half happy that he wanted to help you.
"Thanks for the help, but no thanks. I can do it by myself," You shot back.

Changhyun shook his head and hugged himself to prevent you from taking away the eraser from him.
He then stood up, shaking away the dust and smiled at you.

You stood up too.
"You sure you can do it yourself?" You asked uncertainly, eyeing him.

He frowned and then pouted.
"Of course. I'm not a b-"

You laughed and covered his mouth with your hand playfully.

"You are a baby, Changhyunniiieee!!" You , poking his cheeks.

He huffed then walked towards the board and started to erase all the writings.
You picked up your bag and hung it over your right shoulder, then walked to Changhyun quietly, trying to suprise him. It was a trick you always played on Gayoon.

Just as you were about to jump and slap his shoulders, he turned around to face you suddenly, grinning.

"Wha-"

You stopped, your arms half in the air, ready to slap him and give him a heart attack.
Awkwardly, you laughed and quickly pretended to stretch your arms instead.

Adjusting your bag, you saluted Changhyun and gave him a pat on his shoulders.
Although you didn't actually say it, you were pretty sure he understood what you meant by your actions.

You meant, "Good luck, and see you tomorrow!"

Heading out of the classroom door with Changhyun inside, you really felt weird. You stopped right in front of the classroom and spun around, to find him busily erasing the board. You noticed that he was biting his lips.
You gussed it was a habit of his he did when he was working really hard on something.

As you never left the classroom with somebody inside it, you felt odd and strange.
Shaking away those odd feelings, you smiled to yourself and walked down the empty school hallway.

 

---