Tachisukumu koe mo naku [We are frozen unable to move.]

Zero

A week after Changjo's visit everything slowed down for you his words about his marriage made you realize he grew tired of Elie as well. It was Chen's words that seemed to make the most sense and for that you'd constantly remind yourself of them  "He's only saying it because he wants to eat both cake and ice cream."

Your fathers words were pushed to the back of your thoughts for now, and regardless your stress was immesurable. You were fighting the want to go back to Changjo as your head and heart battled over the budding feelings for Chen you had noticed were more prevalent then they were before. Your body would scream for his attention, while your head remained logically stuck to the idea that he could just get tired of having to take care of you. In the middle of your thoughts you hadn't even realized your bedroom window was open and now someone was coming in.

"Hey, Neil." Zelo smiled climbing through your window.

"What's up?" You finally snapped out of your daze.

"Sulli said to pass on her wedding invitation." Zelo smiled handing you the opened invite.

"Zelo this is addressed to you and Eunmi only." You sighed. "I wouldn't want to go anyway."

"Why not."

"Changjo is the best man."

"So it's Sulli's wedding too and your practically her only family."

"I was, but she's grown up and moved on, I can't burden her."

"What have we said about using that word."

"Sorry." You sighed standing to walk to your wardrobe.

"Neil, what's wrong?"

"Changjo visited me at work last week." You sniffled a bit. "He came to take me back."

"What!"

"I'm so confused, and Chen he must think i'm a..." You trailed off as Zelo interupted.

"Don't use that word. And what did Changjo say because a week ago Elie told him something important and he disappeared for two days."

"He just said marrying her was a mistake." You sobbed wondering what it was she told him. "W-what did she tell him." You whispered in stutters.

"I can't say, I'm sorry." Zelo sighed angrily.

"Well I am going to go for a run want to join?" You asked grabbing a few things from your wardrobe.

"Ill think about It." He chuckled hopping onto the window bridge.

"Good night." He shouted from his old bedroom window.

"Goodnight." You whispered strolling passed the empty rooms heading downstairs.

*ding dong*

"Wonder who's here this time ." You grumbled angrily before opening the door.

"Your okay, I was so worried!" Chen huffed pulling you into a hug.

"What's wrong."

"There was a fire at the coffee shop. I didn't know if you had gotten home safely." He sniffled lightly as he held you tighter.

"I'm sorry to have worried you. Do you know the cause of the fire yet? I know I turned everything off, If I didn't I promise to pay for all the damages." You sighed sadly a bit when Chen pulled back.

"No, I pay for everything, If I want to prove myself I have to be able to take care of you not the other way around." Chen pouted pulling you back in again. "I'm just glad your not hurt." You couldn't fight it anymore and hugged him back, your attempt to go for a run was long gone as you invited Chen inside.

"So where will you stay?"

"I'm probably going to Xiumin's."

"Probably?"

"I forgot to ask before coming here." He rubbed his nape lightly.

"Well, Is it okay to accompany you back to the shop."

"Yeah, we might need to call for a ride though."

"No need, I have a car outside, Zelo and Eunmi sold me their old one."

"You mean the r6 outside is yours?"

"You can drive if you want." You smiled wiggling the keys in front of him.

"Only because you offered." He smiled widely taking the keys before pulling you lightly behind him. "My lady." He bowed lightly opening the passenger door.

"Weirdo." You giggled buckling your seatbelt as he closed the door before leaning over to his side to open his before he got there.

"Thank you." He smiled before buckling in. "Let's hope that my house isn't completely gone." He whispered almost inaudibly.

-

"Xiumin." Chen hollered as he waited with you to cross the police line.

"Let him through he's the upper tennant." Xiumin hollered at the officer blocking you both.

"How bad is it." Chen asked as Xiumin rubbed his forehead not uttering a reply.

"It's not salvageable is it." You frowned when he nodded lightly.

"The fire department saved as much of your stuff as they could. It was lucky for you that your clothing and important items where against the back wall and not the doorway." Xiumin patted Chen's shoulder before turning to the mostly burnt remains of the coffee shop.

"How did it start." Chen hissed as the fire fighters brought out a pure black box.

"Sir is this yours."

"Yes, thank you." Chen bowed taking the box.

"They don't know yet they think it was an electrical fire."

"Xiumin am I able to stay with you."

"Not at the moment, Kai and Kyungsoo just moved in." Xiumin frowned rubbing his forehead more. "Let me call Luhan and Sehun."

"No need. He's staying with me." You chimed in picking up some of Chen's things and walking them to the car before he could protest.

"You don't have to." He said while catching up to you once you closed the trunk.

"I want to." you smiled cutely before going to gather the rest of his things.

-

"So this is your room, I hope you like it, Sulli was the last person to use it and before her was my brother Seunghyun." You smiled as Chen eyed the room.

"I will pay you back for this."

"I said no. I can be stubborn too." You frowned. "Please let me do this." You pouted at him.

"fi.." He was cut off when his phone went off.