Thank you for nothing, cause there's nothing left to lose

Zero

"This " You hissed under your breath as you exited your seventeenth failed job interview of the passed two weeks "It's like I've been black listed from all the companies that wanted me to marry their heir." You sighed walking to a small coffee shop that looked out of place between two much taller buildings. "That's a very long line." You hissed entering the doors hoping to find a seat and just wait for the line to slow down.

"Hey are you the new girl." A tall dark haired boy hissed glaring daggers at you.

"N.." You trailed off as he threw an apron at you.

"Get over here and help me." He hissed as he called out order names.

"But..." You were interupted again.

"Just get over here." He yanked you behind the counter quickly. "Here I need these orders to be made." He handed you a stack of tickets.

Suprisingly you were able to figure out everything pretty quickly spare a few cups of ruined coffee. Eventually after ten o'clock the amount of people entering the shop slowed enough for you to finally catch a break. You've never made so much coffee in such a short amount of time that you were still trying to figure out why the man next to you had assumed you were the new worker.

"Uh thanks for coming in early, I'm Kim Jongdae, call me Chen." He smiled extending his hand.

"I'm Kwon Juniel. It's nice to meet you and I don't work here, to be honest I don't know why you thought I did." You froze when he stared at you shocked.

"I'm so sorry, it's just that my business partner highered a new girl and no one ever sits at the tables during the morning rush except for our usuals." He bowed apologetically.

"It's okay, I am just glad I could help." You smiled.

"Well let me make you a cup of coffee as an apology."

"No need to..." You trailed off as he turned around to do it anyways.

"So since it's obvious I don't recognize you, are you new here?" He questioned placing two cups on a table before holding a chair out for you.

"Thanks, and no. I was just out looking for a job." You sipped the coffee. "You added cinnamon and nutmeg." You whispered smirking.

"Well I'm hiring. The new girl was supposed to be here already and since she's not her job is up for grabs." He smiled sipping his coffee. "Sorry this one is mine." He traded cups with you causing you to pout.

"Do you mind if I get some flavors from behind the counter?" You questioned after sipping the pure black coffee.

"No go right ahead." He motioned to the counter. "Bring back a few pastries as well?"

"Okay." You smiled mixing milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and caramel into your coffee before grabbing a bluberry strudel cake and a cranberry orange cookie. "Much better." you smiled putting the plates and cup on the table before sitting back down. "Oh let me give you my resume." You smiled turning around to reach into your bag for it. "Here you go."

"Thanks." He smiled sipping his coffee as he scanned it. "You used to work for Ctech industries!" He asked shocked. "Why did you leave that behind? Oh wow two years, what are you doing here." He asked placing his cup down.

"I was replaced." You frowned a bit sipping the coffee in front of you. "This isn't mine." You shrugged putting it down. "Did you grab..." You giggled noticing that Chen was tilting his cup as far back as he could to get every last drop out.

"I'm sorry yours smelled better than mine and I wanted to taste it, I didn't think I'd like it that much." He rubbed his nape nervously.

"It's okay, It's a special mix I make. I don't like strong coffee so I make it sweet." You happily replied.

"Well if you keep that up you might just take all my customers if you made a shop of your own, so you're hired. Work starts at six thirty in the morning and ends at nine in the evening." He smiled. "Now lets get ready for the lunch rush." His smile widened as he pulled you up from your chair.

"but I need to finish my snack and pay for it." You frowned a bit putting your bag behind the counter.

"Consider it my gift." He smiled throwing a wet rag at you. "Go wipe down the tables."

"Yes sir." You poorly saluted walking off to do your work.

"Hey Juniel."

"Yeah?"

*bell sound*

"Here you are! Why didn't you show up for work!" Changjo hissed entering the coffee shop.

"You fired me remember." You angrily growled as the peaceful place was disrupted.

"Sweety I've fired you plenty of times and we've had enough 'breaks' for you to know that you should still show up to work." He grumbled rubbing his eyes.

"Look you asked me for the 'break' and I gave it to you. You fired me and I decided to move on. The company can't lose me every few weeks when you feel like having a 'break', and besides it gives you more time away from me, isn't that what you wanted." You frowned wiping down more tables to avoid eye contact with him.

"Juniel, I love you. I can't be away from you that long I worry too much." He frowned. "Just like I have been." he tried kissing your neck.

"Jonghyun, please, I'm working go back to work and just see how well Elie can really do, if she made it through the screening process then she must be capable of doing my job."

"She is but she's not you." He whispered hugging you from behind almost making your wall crumble.

"Changjo no one is going to be me except me, and as much as I hate saying it I'm keeping this job." You frowned returning to the otherside of the coffee counter next to Chen.

"Fine." Changjo hissed. "I want three coffee's."

"What size." Chen glared at him.

"Biggest one." Changjo glared back.

"Here you go sir." You forced a smile handing the cups to Changjo.

"Charge it to MY girlfriend, since I know she still has the work bank card." He hissed leaving with a loud slam of the door.

"Here." You frowned handing Chen the card.

"So I take it he wasn't just your boss." Chen asked with a bit of saddness in his eyes as he charged the card.

"He's my boyfriend, I think." You hissed signing the reciept.

"You think." Chen asked a hint of anger in his voice.

"He asked if we could take a 'break' so 'we' could explore opportunities with other people. We've got two years under our belt and I was hoping that maybe he'd propose, but I think i'm just rushing him and it's scaring him." You frowned.

"Wait so you've been dating him since you started working for him."

"No, we we're dating before I accepted the job." You frowned cleaning cups and counters. "I never should have, we we're around each other two much.... I'm sorry I'm getting too personal, I'll go finish cleaning now." You sadly spoke walking to the still dirty tables.

"Juniel, it's okay to be open, I don't mind. It's helpful to talk things out, it's a way of healing." Chen smiled as he cleaned a few coffee grinders.

"Thanks for listening." You forced a smile placing the last few dishes into your hand.

"Get over here now, lunch rush starts in a few minutes and you will not make it back here with all those plates in tact." He signalled you to come to him.

"What are you talking about." You turned to see the shop door fly open and people shoving each other inside.

"Hurry up." Chen hollered as you placed the dishes in the sink. "I need these orders." he handed you a stack as he began making coffee too.

"Order up, Pumped up kicks?" You questioned as a group of odd looking men crowded you grabbing the coffee you just served.

"Order up, Senor Estrada." Chen bit back a smile as a foreigner grabbed his cup. "Ladybug."

"Anti-dis-establishment-ari-enist? You sounded out the name on the receipt and were suprised a group picked it up.

"Alright I've got Superman, wonder woman, Agent K and the pug." Chen hollered out as more people took the coffee.

"This is going to be fun." You giggled calling out more names.

-

"I don't think i've ever worked so much in my life." You huffed out sitting on a stool along the counter. "Anniyo.." You trailed off bowing to the group of boys that had just entered.

"Chen! Who's this? Where's Choonhe?" A guy with big cheeks whined out loud rubbing his temples.

"Hi, you must be Chen's business partner I'm..." You trailed off after being interupted.

"Choi Jun." A guy from the group glared at you.

"Uh, I used to be why?" You giggled awkwardly when the whole room stopped and stared at you.

"Wait you're the heiress Choi Jun?" Chen asked with a saddened face.

"I was emancipated and changed my name back to Kwon Juniel, but yes I am that heiress." You frowned a bit.

"Hyung fire her." The boys glared at you.

"No, she earned the job and who cares who she used to be she's my new worker bee." Chen smirked hoping over the counter. "Here lock up I'm going out." Chen smiled handing you the keys. "I already filed the invoices and locked up what i needed to just tidy up and you're free to go."

"How do you know I'll be showing up tomorrow?" You questined a bit saddened.

"I don't."  Chen smiled walking out with the group but only the guy glaring at you stayed behind.

"Is something wrong." you questioned feeling awkward under his gaze.

"Nothing." He hissed leaving.

-

*You have three new messages*

~Hello...~ message deleted.

~Hi I need~ message deleted

~Juniel She said yes! I'm so happy I can't believe she said yes!~ Zelo's voice rang throught your house and echoed off every wall it was once the answering machine notified you there were no more messages that you felt saddened. After Changjo went to the coffee shop, which you still hadn't figured out how he found you, he still hadn't contacted you or come over.

You went to your kitchen and prepared a light stir fry before checking out the news. Not much intresting was going on and around eleven oclock you were still wide awake. As much as you knew you shouldn't you went out for a run.

"Hey Neil." Zelo said greeting you.

"Hey Robot." You jogged in place.

"Why are you running again? I thought you stopped these long runs for good." Zelo questioned.

"I just need to clear my head and it helps."

"More Jo problems."

"He came earlier to my new job, asking why I didn't show up at Ctech." You frowned. "I thought giving him the space he wanted would work but he hasn't called or even shown up at my house yet." You sobbed a bit as you were jogging up the path with Zelo.

"Well he isn't in Seoul, he took a trip to jeju this afternoon." Zelo frowned a bit nervously.

"Oh, so Elie was to his liking."

"I'm sorry Dove." Zelo frowned.

"It's okay, well you should get back to Eunmi, I'm still going for three miles tonight." You forced a smile and sped up.

-

After dunking yourself in an ice water bath you started feeling less sore and more tired. At one point your began shivering ferouciously but refused to get out of the water, then when you looked in the mirror you felt pathetic again and went to your room.

*You have one new email*

"that's odd it's almost midnight." You whispered to yourself clicking it open. "Download attatchment." You froze looking at the image that came up on the screen. You frowned closing the laptop and hurling it across the room.

It was almost two in the morning when you finally cried yourself to sleep. You still had hope until that picture was sent, it was then that you knew maybe hope wasn't all you needed to have.