I will sleep away tonight

Zero

"Where is she?" Chen hissed pacing back and forth again with your cell phone in his hand.

"It says she went for a run." Zelo hissed. "She must have gone the other direction."

"Why would she do that?" Xiumin questioned confused.

"Our house faces the other direction." Eunmi paced back and forth.

You frowned while coming down the stairs. Trying to think of something to say but it only coming out as grumbles.

"Your back." Chen pulled you in to a hug before you could utter a word. "Where were you?" Chen softly asked acessing your frame for damage of any kind.

"I went for a run and I tried to figured it all out." You forced a smile.

"Jun it's six in the morning where you really running this entire time." Eunmi frowned deeper worry etched onto her face.

"No, I'm sorry..." You were cut off.

*knock, knock*

"Who's that this early no one can cross that police line except family." Chen walked towards the door before it opened.

"Cute." Soojin smirked at Chen before standing in front of you. "Jun I'm leaving to busan for a few days I need you to take care of Hyungjoon here's his stuff and toys." Soojin dropped her diaper bag on the floor before pushing Hyungjoon into Zelo's arms and sauntering away and out the door quicker than she entered.

"We call Seung right?" Zelo asked in a whisper still in shock from the sudden appearence of soojin. "I mean it's very unusual that she would bring Hyungjoon to you."

"I don't know but I think it would be best to call him." You snapped out of the daze when Hyungjoon began crying. "Come here baby.." You cooed stretching your hands to Hyungjoon who happily obliged. "Do you wanna play with auntie?" You cooed again as the baby bounced a bit.

"Hyung isn't answering his phone." Zelo hissed trying to call again.

"Jun, what are you going to do?" Eunmi questioned staring at Hyungjoon.

"I will take care of Hyungjoon and then go into hiding." You forced a smile grabbing some of Hyungjoon's toys. "She really overpacked this bag." You hissed hauling it next to you.

"Go into hiding..." Chen whispered almost inaudibly.

"I think all Changjo needs is space and if I give it to him, then maybe he and his wife can be happy." You sighed looking through Hyungjoon's bag for something cute.

"But you can't..." He looked at you longingly and desperate almost.

"I don't have a..."

"Stop protecting Jonghyun." Zelo blurted out loud fuming with anger tossing his phone onto a near by table. "He doesn't deserve anymore of you. Jun you did not cause this and you do not need to atone for any of it. He is always doing this you aren't a toy and your definately not his property! Live life, explore a little, you are your own person you don't need to think about his needs thats what that pregnant gold digger is for!" Zelo slapped a hand over his mouth realizing he what he had just blurted to you.

"He.. he has a family..." You stares ahead of you emotionless. "Why is he torturing me!" You fumed slamming pilling blocks on top of each other as Hyungjoon looked on in awe of the clang noise being made.

"Jun are you..."

"He's such a.... I can't even say it, why did I think.. ugh...." You tossed a block at the wall. "This changes all my plans were going public with this, I'm not going to be ruined just so he can play this off. Call my cousins I want to make a statement." You fumed as Hyungjoon patted your inflated cheeks.

"Juniel, are you okay?" Chen asked poking your cheek.

"I'm fine, It's just I was planning to go into hiding with you or lay low for awhile so that Changjo would get his space and he and Elie would get to move on with their lives, but seeing as they already have I don't see a point in hidding myself."

"When did this epiphany happen?" Chen chuckled a bit dropping down to play with Hyungjoon.

"Last night, I was sorting through some thoughts and all I could think about was how much fun it would be for us to go on vacation but we aren't a couple and there's no one to take care of Kim corp, it just wouldn't..." You were cut off when Chen lightly kissed you.

"I'm glad you thought of me." He smirked cutely before turning back to Hyungjoon leaving you with bright red cheeks and a few wide eyed stares.

"By the way you and Eunmi are going ring shopping today." Chen smiled as Hyungjoon handed him tons of blocks at random.

"Why?"

"Because we're going through with our plan as well." He smirked pointing from himself to Eunmi.

"Which is?"

"We're faking an engagement." Chen chuckled as Hyungjoon puffed his cheeks out. "Has seung answer yet zelo?"

"No, I just keep getting voicemail, he might be using it."

"Let's trying Jiyong?"

"Alright give me a second." Zelo walked over to your phone.

"Wait what!" You hollered standing up in shock.

"We are faking an engagement who wouldn't believe that the two biggest companies would offer up their heirs for a merger?"

"Your kidding me right, this is some joke you all planned as punishment right." You looked around to see everyone avoiding eye contact awkwardly. "Chen, this is your life and company and we don't know each other well, and my father..." You paused thinking of him.

"It's my choice, and if you agree everything will fall into place accordingly." He assured lightly gripping your hands gaining your attention.

"but.."

"No buts, we are going to be late for our appointment, go get ready!" Eunmi excitedly chirped pushing you towards the stairs.

-

"Juniel, I will take you on a real date tomorrow, I promise." Chen lightly held your hand interlocking his fingers with yours as you both stepped out onto the platform.

~"Miss Kwon a  word!"

"I have a question!"

"Can you tell us why.."~

"Settle down everyone this formal press confrenece will begin with the person who recieved the number one prior to room entrance." Se7en eyed the crowd with a cold expression.

"That would be me!" A young man stood with a smirk plastered on his face. "Miss Kwon, the people would like to know why you are trying to disrupt the marriage of Mr. Choi Jonghyun."

"I am not disrupting the marriage. I am distancing myself, it is why I returned all of Jonghyun's gifts and left the company, it was time I grow up and accept my responsibility." You gripped Chen's hand under the table.

"Hello Miss Kwon, I'm Kim Kibum..." The next man stood up with a glint in his eye. "I heard that your former work place was burned down and that you forged the footage of Mr. Choi in order to get him to talk to you, can you explain this?"

"The footage was not faked and I was the one who turned the footage over to the media." Chen spoke up with a hint of anger lacing his voice.

"How did you come across the footage." The boy glared at him.

"I owned the coffee shop and even have footage of Mr. Choi harrassing my Juniel." Chen spoke slowly in a teasing manner. "Next." He waved off the boy.

"Uh yes, Miss Kwon, I was going to ask why you chose to leave Choi industries but it seems your uh... collegue?" She eyed Chen. "Has made it clear?" She looked very confused.

"Aish, Yumi at least get some backbone." You heard the Kibum boy hiss in a mocking tone.

"Uh Miss.." You questioned hoping she'd give her name.

"Nam Yumi. "

"Miss Nam, I left Choi industries because as I said I had to grow up and accept my responsibility. I would like to introduce you to my fiance Kim Jongdae." You blushed as the crowd was in uproar begging to ask a question.

"One at a time!" Se7en hollered slamming his palm into the table loudly. "We will start from Yumi." He smile with a nod at the girl.

"May I ask when this proposal happened?"

"It was planned by our parents a while ago." Chen answered before you. "I had no knowledge of it until recently, before my father passed. And as a stipulation of his will I am to follow through with all of his prior business and that included the arranged marriage. When I found out who Juniel was I was happy that at least It was someone I was a bit familiar with." He smiled sliding your interlaced hands onto the table.

"Mr. Kim." Another newsman began standing. "I am just wondering how long has Miss Kwon known." He pointed to you with his pen.

"I knew the day I left Choi industries." You bravely answered hoping you were being convincing. "My father called me to tell me that it would be best if I leave before it got out of hand."

"What do you mean?" A different news woman asked from her seat flashing a number card towards Se7en.

"A part of the agreement is that if a party involved is choosing to break the agreement then the company will surrender half of it's stocks to the other party." You frowned deeply hoping it was convincing. "The upside is that Jongdae gets the same punishment." You playfully eyed him while waving your fist in a joking manner.

"That won't happen." He smirked kissing your hand.

"But what about the statement your father made." The kibum guy from earlier stood up.

"I was doubting the union out of fear that our budding friendship would collapse." You frowned deeply. "But now that I am sure this is what I want, my father will live a better life than I myself could give him."

"What about this so called stalking and utter hate and distress you are causing the Choi Newlyweds." A woman close to the front stood pointing judgingly at you.

"I have no knowledge of this." You flinched a bit nervously feeling Chen's grip tighten.

"But they have leaked a story that you are causing Mrs. Choi distress, so much to the point she is constantly ill." Another rose up.

"We wish the Choi's a wonderful pregnancy and only hope that Mrs. Choi is getting proper prenatal care." Chen hissed into the microphone before pulling you to stand.

"That will be all no more questions." Se7en spoke up guiding you and Chen off stage.

"So Juniel would you like to go out with me?" He smirked pulling you behind him.

"Chen you just outed their secret, Changjo is going to lash back."

"Let him, I want the real him to come out." Chen smirked

"That's what I am afraid of." You whispered as you were lightly pushed into a town car. "Chen."

"Hmmm."

"Why are we leaving the city?"

"We have a vacation to attend." He smiled mischievously pointing towards a hillside.

"But I have to take care of Hyungjoon."

"He's already there waiting for us, I figured after today we would need a day to relax." He pulled you close to him.

"Jongdae, Thank you." You nervously laid against his shoulder thinking of all the damage Changjo would and could do.

"I promise I will protect you." Chen lightly pecked your forehead before turning back towards the window.

~I really hope so.~ You thought slightly closing your eyes.

 

******

So I know i've been out of updating for awhile...
I blame work and overtime! But I have a new sewing machine and an assistant! I'll try to update soon but I cant promise much..
I am working ten hour days six days a week...
so tiring, but worth it.

- L7