Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday

Zero

"Chen this house is beautiful." You beamed eyeing the structure in front of you.

"Come on, this way." He lightly gripped your hand pulling you behind him inside. "This is the vacation home my dad used to bring us to, it's where my mother resided for a majority of her life before having me and Jongyeol. I thought it might be a good place to get family practice."

"What do you mean?"

"Well since we're in an engagement why not get used to being open with each other physically a bit so that we aren't awkward during public outings later on."

"I never thought about that." You smiled after a maid brought Hyungjoon to you.

"So what do you say we get settled and then have dinner in the garden?" Chen smirked picking up Hyungjoon.

"Okay." You bit back a smile looking for your luggage.

"It's upstairs." Chen smirked pulling you gently behind him.

"Wow. Is this the only room?"

"Yeah, sorry. I will be taking the floor." He nervouly rubbed his nape placing Hyungjoon on the bed.

"There's really no need we've shared a bed before and even if it might be awkward we don't really have a choice since my room back at home has a lot of windows."

"We could share my room downstairs?" Chen played with his lower lip while thinking about the housing situation. "Or what if we buy a new house?" Chen smirked clasping his hands together excitedly.

"What?"

"Or should we remodel your house?"

"That sounds wonderful, but we need to ask Zelo for permission to alter the electrical systems." You scratched your nape nervously.

"Why?"

"Well he's kind of got the section of the house where my room is wired to his house, it's how we operate the interconnecting bridge." You nervously played with your shirt hem. "Chen where's the television I'd like to watch the news for a bit."

"There isn't one."

"Ohhh. Where do I plug in my cell phone?" You scanned the walls for outlets.

"There's only plugs in the kitchen, the rest of the house is run on closed circuit electricity." He pouted slightly. "My mother enjoyed seclusion so I'd have to update the entire house and I don't want to ruin the memories that are here. I think that's why my father left it alone all these years." He replied while staying focused on his clothes. "I'm really sorry..."

"I guess it's a good thing then, I don't have any worries until we go back.. Well except Hyungjoon." You smirked as the boy played on the bed.

"We're only here until tomorrow night, I tried clearing as much time as I could but that's the only time I could manage. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I've never experienced being away from home and I've never had this type of seclusion. Even if it seems weird it feels kind of comforting..." You trailed off eyeing the pictures that decorated the walls.

"My mother used to say the same thing."

"Chen what happened to her? I mean if you want to tell me you can, but you don't have to." You looked away shyly.

"It's okay. I just have to figure out where to start." He looked down as he played with Hyungjoon's toes.

"Anywhere is fine, just take your time." You encouraged sitting besides Hyungjoon.

"Well about a year after having Jongyeol she went out to visit a few of her old high school friends. On the way back she collapsed behind the wheel and crashed, she didn't make it." He sniffled a bit. "At first we assumed it was an accident or sudden death but my father found out later that one of her old friends had poisoned both my mother and the other woman. Something about jealousy over her stealing my father away because of his hidden wealth and the other was just caught in the crossfire." Chen wiped at his eyes slightly. "Kyunghee I think her name was, died the day after my mother, she left behind a child too. To think that evil woman destroyed her longest friendships over something so stupid as greed."

"I'm sorry Jongdae." You comforted him as he tried to hold back his tears.

*knock, knock.* "Dinner is ready Sir."

"We'll be down in a minute." He force a cheery voice standing up. "I'm going to go change I will meet you down there."

"Alright." You smiled a bit before heading down the stairs with Hyungjoon in hand.

-

~"You've heard correctly Minhyuk there is a very high tech bridge built by Choi Junhong connecting his home to that of Kwon Juniel"

"Now Sangkyu how was this bridge discovered."

"According to sources a grounds keeper for the Kwon's discovered it when he was attempting to clean the gutters on the second story."

"Has there been any comment from Mr. Choi regarding the bridge linking their bedrooms?"

"No there has been no word. We believe that Kwon Juniel has fled the city to avoid media, and Mr. Choi has locked himself away."

~

"What are you all watching." Chen came in to the kitchen shocked at what was displayed on the screen.

"I told you Changjo was going to do something." You sniffled as Hyungjoon tried wiping away your tears.

"Juniel..." Chen pulled her into his chest eyeing the screen angrily. "Let's just finish the night here and then we can head back to town tomorrow morning."

"You should lock this away then." You handed him your phone that was being flooded with phone calls and messages. "Let's go eat." You seated yourself at the table with Hyungjoon.

"Juniel, what is R1?"

"Who sent it Zelo, Dongwook or Jiyong?"

"Zelo."

"That means he's locked down his house and destroyed the coding for all of his inventions that aren't on his property."

"Then the bridge..."

"It's going to disintegrate, along with Changjo's Company. R1 Is Rectification."

"What exactly is he correcting?"

"It was a fail safe Zelo put into all his inventions. Since most of his things are used domestically within Ctech then Changjo's entire lively hood will come to a halt unless he bypassed it before Zelo initiated it."

"Isn't Changjo a kid genius though."

"Yes, but he spends more time handling business where Zelo handled most of the innovation and creative departments, there's really no way to out code Zelo though."

"So then Zelo just ruined Changjo's life?"

"Zelo would only resort to that rectification code if Changjo did something beyond unforgiveable."

"What do you think he did?"

"Out of all the things Changjo could do to Zelo... Revealing the bridge."

"Why the bridge?"

"Zelo engineered and built it from scratch, he didn't want anyone to know about that invention because it's not patented."

"Your kidding."

"Zelo built it for me, and said it wasn't going to be something he spread news about, because it could lead to me being harmed if anyone wanted to see the prototype."

"Zelo cares for you a lot doesn't he."

"We've been close for a long time, so don't get jealous." You giggled slightly while feeding Hyungjoon.

"I am not jealous." Chen smiled before placing a chaste kiss on your forehead. "Hey little man let's go play." He picked up Hyungjoon who squeeled at the opportunity.

"So what time are we going back tomorrow?"

"Um, three in the afternoon." Chen smirked as Hyungjoon tossed his blocks around.

"Jongdae."

"Yes."

"When is our date?"

"In two hours, that's when the sun goes down." He smiled widely. "Wear something warm."