Files

Lost and Found

 

“Noona! You look great!” Taemin exclaimed, watching Yoona appear from the other room. She blushed lightly, as she saw Minho and Donghae just stare at her. She giggled and patted Taemin’s head.

“And you, my little brother, look perfectly fine, too,” she said simply. Taemin snorted.

“Please. I only said that because Minho oppa told me to say that. He said for me to say it when you look ugly,” Taemin blurted. Minho snapped out of his thoughts and glared at Taemin.

“Why you little…”

“Minho oppa! Don’t hurt Taeminnie!” Yoona snapped, as Taemin went behind his sister.

“Yeah! Don’t hurt me! And stop calling me ‘Taeminnie!’” Taemin whined, as the three ‘siblings’ argued. Donghae watched, but he mostly watched Yoona.  Ba thump. Ba thump. Ba thump. Reaching over his chest, Donghae looked away, blushing. He glanced back at the trio. An instant feeling pierced through Donghae’s heart. He felt… jealous

No way, Donghae thought, shaking his head, There is no way that I can feel jealous. There is just no way.

“Donghae-ssi, is it okay for me to call you Donghae oppa from now on?” Yoona asked, taking a seat next to Minho. Donghae cleared his throat and wiped his sweat with a napkin.

“Um, yeah, sure,” Donghae agreed, as Yoona clapped her hands excitedly. Minho frowned and glared at Donghae. Why does she want to call him Donghae ‘oppa’ all of the sudden? Hm… Minho wondered. 

“Dinner is served, Mr. Lee,” a young maid notified. Donghae cleared his throat and nodded, motioning the maid to bring in the food with a snap of his fingers. Suddenly, chefs with silver cards began to enter the room. Yoona and Minho widened their eyes, shocked from all the fanciness. Taemin clapped his hands excitedly, enthusiastic about the surprise.

“Wow! Hey, Donghae hyung, what are we eating?” Taemin asked. Minho clenched a fist under the table. Donghae ‘hyung?’ Ha, you got to be kidding me. Now Taemin is calling him ‘hyung,’ like me? Wow. What’s with these two? Why are they freely calling Donghae ‘oppa’ or ‘hyung’ like me? Minho wondered, feeling jealous. He couldn’t help it. It bugged him. A lot. Donghae smirked, noticing Minho’s angry face. He flapped his tissue in the air and placed it on his lap. Yoona and Taemin did the same.

Filet Mignon,” Donghae answered. Yoona and Taemin exchanged strange glances at each other, wondering what Donghae just said.

“Um… what?” Yoona asked cluelessly.

“In simple terms, it’s steak, Yoona,” Donghae said carefully. Urgh! Minho thought annoyingly. Just hearing Yoona’s name from Donghae’s mouth made Minho felt furious. Especially in that… careful tone of his.

After 30 minutes, Yoona placed her fork besides her plate. Donghae and Minho were shooting glares at each other, eating as fast as they could, while Taemin was clueless of what fork he should use. There were three sets of fork, and he wanted to be polite. He didn’t want to embarrass himself, though, by asking such a question. Yoona noticed this earlier, but she pretended to ignore Taemin. Yoona stood up and wiped her lips gently with the fancy napkin.

“Excuse me, gentlemen, but I need to use the restroom” Yoona said, as she excused herself. Donghae and Minho didn’t noticed Yoona’s disappearance, and Taemin was too focused on trying to find the right fork. His stomach growled, begging to use any fork to eat that filet mignon. 

Meanwhile, Yoona wasn’t really heading to the restroom. Instead, she took a swift turn to the right and ended up at another door. Next to the door, there was a big, golden sign that printed, “Do Not Entered.” She turned the doorknob, but it refused to open. Biting her lips, she looked around for some kind of key or lock. She removed the golden sign and found a key. She smirked and picked up the key. Mr. Lee… always hiding a key behind a sign, aren’t you? Tsk, tsk, too bad I know lots of your secrets, Yoona thought as she unlocked the door. The door opened by itself, welcoming Yoona. Yoona gulped, noticing that the room was pretty dark. Nevertheless, she went in.

10 minutes later, Donghae and Minho groaned in pain. They were stuffed and since they ate too fast, they felt sick. Taemin finally found out which fork was the right fork to use and he started to dig in into his steak. As Taemin chewed on a piece, he noticed that his sister disappeared. He pointed at the empty chair and glanced at the two boys. Just as he was about to tell them, he placed the finger back to his side and shook his head, enjoying his food. Eh, Noona must’ve went to the restroom or something. She sure takes her time, Taemin thought, helping himself again.

“Omo…” Yoona whispered to herself when she reached the deepest part of the room. She realized that this was a room where Mr. Lee stored all the information of his slaves. Mr. Lee had tons of files lined up rightly against shelves after shelves. She widened her eyes when she found Taemin’s file. Right next to Taemin’s file was Yoona’s file. She pulled out Taemin’s first, reading all about they knew about Taemin.

Mr. Lee knew everything about Taemin. All his favorites, dislikes, history, and even his pictures were written in that single file. It was filled with documents all about Taemin. She slid the file back in to where it was originally founded and pulled out her own.

Two minutes later, she scrunched her eyebrows. Her file was half of what Taemin had. Why? Why did Yoona had so little information in her file, while Taemin’s was stuff? It didn’t make sense to Yoona. She was about to slide the file back into the shelf until…

“What are you doing?” Donghae whispered. Yoona yelped and dropped the file. She quickly turned around and shifted her eyes towards Donghae.

“D-D-Donghae oppa,” Yoona stuttered nervously. I’m so dead, Yoona thought.

“What were you doing just now?” Donghae asked, raising an eyebrow. Yoona shut her eyes closed and took a deep breath. She shot them back open and smiled brightly.

“Um… Nothing! I got lost trying to find the restroom,” Yoona lied, fake-laughing. Starring into Yoona’s eyes, Donghae somehow believed her. Who can even think that this doe eyes-like girl would lie? Donghae wondered.

“It’s fine,” Donghae said, waving his hands assuringly, “Here, I’ll you to the restroom.” Donghae extended a hand out, as Yoona blushed nervously. She was embarrassed that Donghae was going to ‘’ her to the restroom. It sounded… weird. Yoona willingly placed her hand on top of Donghae’s and faked a smile.

“Goma…Gomawo,” Yoona stammered, staring down on the ground, “But I think that it’s time for the three of us to go home.” Donghae stared at Yoona for a bit longer, and then nodded as he guided her out of the room and back to Minho and Taemin. She realized that her file wasn’t on the floor, nor on the shelf. She bit her lips nervously, sure of what to do. I’ll come back, steal Taemin’s and my file, and then Mr. Lee won’t taunt us down anymore, Yoona thought, putting that as a mental note.