Granola Bar Fuss

Lost and Found

 

Yoona sighed, holding onto her stomach tightly. Her stomach growled once more, this time louder. Yoona blushed, embarrassed of her loud stomach. She wanted to eat something at that moment. It was Nutrition, and she had a choice of going to the counter to buy something. Of course, the line was too long, so she didn’t bother. She sighed and sat on the bench, clutching onto her stomach even tighter. Aigoo… I’m so hungry, I should’ve ate breakfast! Yoona thought, drooling on the thought of her eating her own delicious homemade pancakes. She sighed and puffed her cheeks. Suddenly, a granola bar appeared right in front of her. She blinked at the granola bar and stared up to the stranger who handed her the bar.

“Um…” Yoona mumbled, unsure if that granola bar was for her. It was a boy she had never met– not once in her life! Donghae stared at Yoona and then at the granola bar. He wondered if Yoona was going to take it.

“Um…” Yoona said again, pointing at the granola bar, “Is that for me?” Is this girl really that dense? Donghae wondered, as he slowly and awkwardly nodded. Yoona stared at the granola bar with glee. She was about to take it, until…

“I don’t want it,” Yoona said. Donghae blinked, shocked to see such a hungry girl not want anything.

“W-Why not?” Donghae stuttered, “You seemed hungry.” Yoona blushed embarrassingly. 

“Oh, did I? You must’ve mistaken it, then! I wasn’t hungry!” Yoona fake-laughed, patting her stomach. Suddenly, Yoona’s stomach roared a loud growl. Yoona stopped laughing, and turned redder. She was very embarrassed. Donghae sighed and stared at Yoona with an eyebrow raised.

“Look, if you’re hungry, just take it!” Donghae said.

“B-But it’ll cost money! I really dislike paying people back–”

“It’s just a granola bar! Aish… you make such a big fuss out of it!” Donghae groaned, tossing the bar on Yoona’s lap. Yoona flinched, and slowly grabbed the granola bar. Yoona bit her lips, as slowly opened up the wrapper. Right when she was going to put it in …

“Yo, Yoona!” Minho called.

“NOONA!” Taemin exclaimed cutely, running over to his sister. Yoona widened her eyes as Taemin crashed into her. 

“AH!” Yoona yelped, as Taemin tackled her. Taemin jumped on his sister’s lap and gave her a great, big hug. He purred with happiness, as Minho laughed. Just then, Minho’s eyes glanced at Donghae. He glared at Donghae, who looked shocked. Why’s this guy glaring at me? I did nothing except handing her a free granola bar! He should be thankful that I saved his girlfriend’s life! Donghae thought. He suddenly felt unwanted and useless.

“Aigoo… Taemin-ah, get off. Minho oppa, annyeong!” Yoona greeted, smiling. Minho turned to Yoona and smiled lightly. 

“Hey, Yoong! Who’s he?” Minho asked, casually narrowing his eyes on Donghae. Donghae jumped.

“This is… uh,” Yoona stammered. She hadn’t even heard his name yet! Oh my gosh, I was talking to a total stranger and was about to eat a total stranger’s food. What if that guy wanted something from me, so he gave me a granola bar? Yoona thought, biting her lower lips. She knew she was dead by Minho. He would lecture her about talking to strangers and how she shouldn’t accept things from stranger and–

“My name is Lee Donghae. I’m sure you’re… Choi Minho. Nice to meet you,” Donghae greeted, taking a quick glance at Minho’s name tag. Minho beamed.

“How…”

“Instincts,” Donghae lied, shrugging as if it was no big deal, “That must be Lee Taemin and you must be Im Yoona. Nice to meet you all!” He shook hands with Minho and Taemin. When Donghae about to shake hands with Yoona, Yoona seemed pale and scared. Donghae raised an eyebrow.

“Did I, uh, do something wrong?” Donghae asked. Yoona snapped out of her thoughts and just smiled.

“Oh, um, no! I was, well, just thinking… Thanks for the snack, Donghae-ssi,” Yoona thanked quickly, grabbing Donghae’s firm hand. Donghae just nodded how pure and delicate Yoona’s hands were. They were just like ice: smooth, pure, and clear. He examined Yoona’s face for a second until…

“There you are, Donghae oppa!” a bubbly, cheerful voice exclaimed. The four turned to see who the bright voice belonged to. Donghae sighed, as Taemin gaped at the new figure. The voice belonged to Sulli. She looked quite shocked to see guests surrounding Donghae. She cleared and stared at the four boringly.

“Oh, who are they, Donghae oppa?” Sulli asked, changing the tone of her voice. Taemin’s heart started to beat wildly. Dang she’s pretty! Taemin thought, continuing to stare at Sulli in awe. Sulli felt uncomfortable, but she ignored Taemin. Though, she couldn’t help but take swift and small glances of Taemin. He’s pretty cute, Sulli thought, giggling.

“You have a great voice,” Taemin complimented, blushing. Sulli blushed madly, looking away. For the three older students, they had no idea what was going on with the two little maknaes.

“Do you guys think it’s love?” Yoona squealed quietly, whispering her question loud enough for Minho and Donghae to hear. Donghae shrugged, as Minho smirked.

“Nah, they’re too young for that,” Minho whispered back, as Yoona just nodded. She turned back to see the two little lovers exchange nice compliments with each other. Yoona silently envied them. 

“Anyways, I’ll be going. See you later,” Donghae smiled, looking at Yoona, “Yoona.” Yoona blinked for a moment. Did he say my name only? Yoona wondered. At that moment, Yoona felt like a special person.

“Oh, and you too, Minho,” Donghae added. It seemed as if the world crashed on Yoona like a shoe stomping on ants. She sighed and pouted, as Minho and Donghae exchanged waves. As Donghae left, Yoona stared at Sulli and Taemin. Especially her little brother. For some reason, Yoona had a feeling that she and Taemin should be staying away from Donghae and Sulli. Besides, usually her feelings were right. Usually.