Who's Ok Taecyeon?

Lost and Found

“Is she okay?” Donghae asked Minho worriedly. Minho sighed and shrugged. It was finally lunch time, and Donghae finally met with Yoona at a nearby bench. Unfortunately, Yoona was as pale as a ghost and shook her hands like a mad scientist. Taemin pouted sadly and stared at her dead-like sister.

“Noona…” Taemin started, but then Yoona shushed him. It seemed like she only responded to the maknae, which made Donghae and Minho a bit jealous.

“I’m so sorry,” Yoona whispered, her voice as shaky as ever. Taemin whimpered.

“For what? You did nothing for crying out loud!” Taemin said, raising his voice a bit. He was a bit annoyed with his sister. Never in his life had he ever see his sister this bad before. Except for that time where Yoona saw Taecyeon’s head at the window. Taemin shuddered at the thought of his past, pushing the memory away. What would Taecyeon hyung do if he was here with us? Taemin wondered, Would he slap her, console her, or would he simply ignore her? What would a man do, though?

“Minho hyung, do something!” Taemin whined. Donghae stiffened. Why does Taemin think that Minho can console Yoona? Why didn’t he ask me, too, to try to make Yoona feel better? Donghae wondered coldly. Minho sighed.

“We tried, Taemin, we tried. All we can do is just wait until Yoona tells us the reason and calms down,” Minho said calmly, but deep inside his heart, he was worried like an older brother would be when his little sister was acting weird. Taemin was fed up already. He stood up, raised a hand, and slapped Minho’s cheeks. Donghae widened his eyes. This seemed to snap Yoona out of her deep thoughts as she quickly looked up at what Taemin just did. Taemin made an angry fist.

“You’re like a brother to Yoona and me! How could you just leave her alone! Taecyeon hyung would never just leave Noona alone!” Taemin shouted. Taecyeon? Who’s Taecyeon? Donghae wondered. Yoona froze, thinking about her long and forgotten dead brother. 

I’ve already lost Taecyeon oppa, I don’t want to lose Taemin. He’s all I have ever since I escaped that horrible place, Yoona thought, her lips quivering with fear. Minho clenched a fist, holding back his anger.

“Taemin, that’s enough. Yoona is going to be fine–”

“No, something happened, and I want to know what happened! I don’t know why I even looked up to you at the first place! You’re not a man! You’re just a measly young teenager!” Taemin accused, pointing his index finger at Minho. Minho narrowed his eyes.

“Taemin, what’s gotten into you?!” Minho growled. 

From afar, Sulli watched the scene carefully, especially starring at Taemin. Taemin, what happened? I’m only staying away from you for your own sake. Why are you so angry and upset? Usually, you’d be the one who’s bringing happiness and joy in these situation. You’re doing the opposite. What happened to you? wondered Sulli, as she folded her hands worriedly. 

“Hey Sul,” Victoria’s voice called. Sulli turned around and smiled at her friends. She waved at Victoria, Luna, Amber, and Krystal.

“Hey guys,” Sulli said weakly. Amber clicked her tongue.

“Oh, ho, ho! What happened? You got dumped by Taemin?” Amber joked. Krystal glared at Amber.

“How about you? You didn’t even find your true love at all,” Krystal pointed out. Amber narrowed her eyes into a deadly glare.

“Why’s it always about me when we talk, huh? It’s always about me. How about you listen to Sulli’s, Victoria’s, and Luna’s stories for once?” Amber asked, gesturing the three other friends. Victoria, Luna, and Sulli sighed deeply, especially Sulli.

“There they go again,” Victoria said, turning back to Sulli.

“Yup, those two,” Sulli glumly said, starring back at Taemin and the others. Luna glanced at where Sulli’s eyes followed and squatted besides her.

“You know, Taemin changed,” Luna noted, “It’s as if he matured–”

“Like a man,” Victoria finished with a smirk, “Maybe it’s because he wanted to impress you or something. Seriously, he’s totally in love with you, Sul! I still don’t understand why you still avoid him. He’s, well, pretty cute actually, for you.”

“Thanks for the tip, Umma,” Sulli said sarcastically, rolling her eyes, “But I prefer to do things my own way.” Sulli walked away, until Luna stopped her.

“Yah Sulli!” Luna shouted, “Don’t you think you should give Taemin a chance? He’s working his hardest for you!” Victoria nodded in agreement, hoping that Sulli would say something. Sulli smirked and ly her head around.

“It’s for his safety! I can’t get along with him or he’s probably going to die or something!” responded Sulli, as she walked away. Luna and Victoria exchanged confusing glances at each other, rubbing their napes. 

The bell suddenly rang, signaling that lunch was over. Students scattered away, dragging their feet to their next classes.


“Taecyeon oppa…” Yoona whispered, barely audible. Donghae looked annoyed. Minho and Taemin were still outside, continuing their argument. Donghae offered to take Yoona back to her class, since the two were in the same class. Who the heck is Taecyeon for crying out loud? Donghae wondered, as they arrived in front of Yoona’s locker. Yoona turned the knob on her lock as she “tried” to open it. Donghae sighed. It was clear that Yoona was still in her deep thoughts.

Donghae had a crazy thought in his head. This might look erted or something, but it’ll have to do, Donghae thought. He took a deep breath, grabbed Yoona’s shoulder, and turned her around so that Yoona could face Donghae. Suddenly, he pinned her against her locker. Some students jumped from the sudden bang! while others ignored the loud bang and walked to their next class, not wanting to be late. Donghae gripped on Yoona’s shoulder tighter, as Yoona sadly looked up at Donghae.

“Let go,” Yoona muttered gently. Donghae was just about to let go from hearing Yoona’s weak voice, but he pushed the gentle voice away. His fingers gripped on Yoona’s shoulder even firmer. Yoona sighed, as Donghae leaned in. He wasn’t planning to kiss her. He was just going to ask some few questions. This was the only way to grab Yoona’s attention.

“Yoona, who’s Taecyeon?” Donghae asked in a stern, but soft tone. Yoona sighed, starring directly into Donghae’s eyes. Donghae’s legs began to grow weaker as he starred into those soft, doe-like eyes. 

“Taecyeon… Taecyeon oppa…” Yoona mumbled, looking away. Donghae cupped her cheeks and made her face him.

“Who. Is. Taecyeon?” Donghae asked strictly.

“Oppa…” Yoona whispered. Am I really going to tell him? Yoona wondered, starring at Donghae. In Yoona’s eyes, Donghae seemed worried, puzzled, and… jealous. Why on earth would he be jealous? Taecyeon oppa… I miss you, big brother, Yoona thought silently, as tears began to form in her eyes. 

Donghae, noticing that Yoona was going to cry any minute, quickly released his firm grip from her shoulder. Gently, he used his thumbs and wiped away Yoona’s tears, as he leaned back.

“M-Mian,” Donghae stuttered, “I didn’t want to force you to answer my question. I was just curious–”

“Taecyeon oppa is my older step brother,” Yoona blurted, looking away, “Just like Taemin is.” Donghae raised an eyebrow.

“What happened to him?” Donghae asked gently. Yoona shook her head.

“None of your business. All you need to know is that he’s my step brother, but he’s four years older than me. That’s all I’m telling you. Ok Taecyeon is my older step brother. Is that clear?” Yoona asked, starring deep into Donghae’s eyes. Donghae, mesmerized by Yoona’s doe-like eyes again, nodded as Yoona turned away and opened her locker, grabbing her stuff.

“Okay, good. Now, if we don’t hurry, we’ll be late to class. Let’s go,” Yoona commanded, as Donghae snapped out of his daydream. He quickly nodded, following Yoona to their next class.


“I expect you to bring back Lee Taemin to this house. It’s important for him to come back to this house. He was lucky that he was able to escape with his sister. It’s a sad thing that I still don’t remember that damn girl’s name. Argh!” Mr. Lee groaned, slamming his fist against the table, “Anyways, if you fail this quest, you will surely die and lose your life. Do you understand this situation, Ok Taecyeon?” 

A muscular man raised his head a bit. He had firm, thick muscles that would probably be able to break a thousand bricks without getting hurt. His eyes were dark and clouded, as if he was confused or puzzled or even scared. There was a scar on his left cheek, though by now, it had turned into a scab. The man looked up and nodded slowly, guilt already clouding his heart.

“Understand, Master,” he answered, excusing himself.