Mr. Lee's Party (1/3)

Lost and Found

~The Next Day~

Silence filled the awkward and tense atmosphere. Donghae wiped his sweaty hands on his pants. Yoona stood still. She was shocked at what Donghae was asking for. Yuri and Minho stood far away, wondering what was happening between Yoona and Donghae.

"You…want me to do what?" Yoona asked. Donghae gulped nervously.

"If you don't mind, can you come to the dinner party my dad's holding? I have to bring a girl as my partner," Donghae repeated.

"Why can't you ask Yuri? She's a girl. Plus, she's your fiance," Yoona pointed out.

"That's the thing," Donghae said, taking a deep breath. "My dad doesn't want us to be seen together. He wants it as a 'surprise.' So, we act like we have no clue of who we are. Later at the big announcement, my dad's announcing our relationship."

"Wait, I thought you were against marrying Yuri," Yoona said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I am. I don't want to, but obviously Minho isn't cooperating–"

"Wait, what does Minho oppa have to do with this party?" Yoona questioned, frowning. 

"Yuri's totally in love with Minho, right? The whole point was for Minho to be engaged to Yuri so our relationship status could be cut off to just friends," Donghae explained, "But Minho obviously doesn't want to do such a thing." Yoona nodded slowly. Wait, during the big announcement, Mr. Lee would be occupied. Maybe I can steal Taemin's file then, Yoona thought. She smiled brightly and looked at Donghae with shining eyes.

"I'd love to be your partner to your dad's party!" Yoona exclaimed. Donghae sighed in relief.

"Oh good! For a second, I thought you weren't going to be my partner. Alright, I'll pick you up at 6 P.M, arraso?" Donghae informed with a bright smile. Yoona nodded in agreement as Donghae left to tell Yuri about the news.


"Sulli, let's talk."

"There's nothing to talk about, Taemin."

"Oh, there is. You've been avoiding me for half my life!"

"We didn't even know each other! I wasn't even part of 'half' of your life!"

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh, I didn't know," Sulli said sarcastically, walking quickly away from Taemin, but he kept up her pace. Taemin frowned and stepped up in front Sulli. Sulli stopped and frowned. "Move."

"I won't until we talk," Taemin said seriously. Sulli sighed and played with her hair.

"Alright, talk," Sulli commanded.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Taemin asked, narrowing his eyes. 

"Look, I wasn't–"

"Yes you were! I called you at the cafeteria, and you wouldn't answer. I asked to borrow your note, but you ran away. You treat me as if I have some kind of disease you don't want to catch!" Taemin said truthfully, practically shouting in Sulli's face. Sulli waited for a few second, and then spoke.

"Is that all?" she asked calmly.

"No, that's not. Look, I changed my ways for you. It's like you don't even respect me," Taemin grumbled, crossing his arms. 

"Look, Taemin-ah, it's best if we separate our ways now–"

"No, it's not the best! I'm so frustrated because I'm trying to impress you! It's like I changed for no reason!" Taemin shouted furiously. He was about to burst any minute now. Sulli sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Yes, you did change for no reason. Now, leave me alone!" Sulli demanded. Taemin stared at Sulli for a few second, and then stepped away from his spot. Sulli cleared and slowly walked forward, trying to forget what Taemin was telling her.

"Sulli."

Sulli turned around, as Taemin made a fist. He turned around and faced Sulli angrily with cold eyes.

"Maybe your friends were right. Maybe you were a cold-hearted person," Taemin said casually, walking away. Sulli was stunned. She bit her lower lips and took a deep breath.

"Taemin!" Sulli called loudly, cupping with her hand. Taemin and a couple of other students turned around to face Sulli. Taemin raised his eyebrows. Sulli pressed her lips into a thin line. "I'll show you why I'm avoiding you! I'll tell my driver to pick you up at 6 P.M, arraso?" A smile crept on Taemin's face. He nodded cooly and walked away, his heart pounding with excitement. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! he repeated.