Inviting Minho

Lost and Found

The bell rang, signaling that it was break. Yoona, who was already outside, sat on a bench that was shaded by a tree. She smiled and pulled out a snack from her pocket. A granola bar! Yoona thought, grinning. She ripped the wrapper and bit into her snack, chewing the crunchy and sweet bar. 

"Yoona! There you are!" someone exclaimed. Yoona turned to her left and found Yuri running up to her. Her eyes seemed red and puffy, as she sniffed. Yoona tilted her head a bit. Is she crying? Yoona wondered.

"Hey Yul…What's up?" Yoona asked, as Yuri sat next to her.

"The sky, but that's not important!" Yuri said quickly, "Minho hates me!"

"Now you noticed?" Yoona asked, stiffening a giggle. She bit her tongue to hold back her giggles, as Yuri nodded.

"Yes, and didn't think that I was so forceful on him! He must've been so scared," Yuri murmured, looking down. No, he was freaked out, Yoona thought, carefully listening to Yuri.

"So…What about it?" Yoona asked, biting into her snack.

"So now, I'm going to take it easy on him. I, of course, will invite him to the movies, but then I'll change my plans. I was planning for him to buy me something, but I'll nag Donghae oppa to buy me something. Then, Minho and I could share a big popcorn and a drink, but then I realized that he might be scared or too shy to do that. So then I'm going to get my own popcorn and a small drink, but sit next to him. I wanted to watch a horror movie so that when I'm scared, I can hug Minho all day, but then because you were coming, I decided to watch another romantic movie. Oh, wait, before I say anything else, Donghae oppa gave you the ticket, right?" Yuri asked, taking a deep breath. Yoona raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, what did you say?" Yoona asked. She had been mostly focusing on eating instead of listening to what her friend had to say. Yuri sighed.

"I talked about this with Donghae oppa, but he said the same thing! Ugh! I think Minho's the one who really listens to my problem," Yuri grumbled, heaving a sigh.

"Um, I don't think Minho even listens either–"

"Well, I'm going to give Minho the ticket I'm going to give him. Please come to the movies, Yoona! I'm going to be so lonely! I'm already planning out to say that your coming with us!" Yuri pleaded. She started doing some puppy-eyes and pouted slightly. Yoona looked away. Andwe, Yoona, Yoona thought, You are not going to the movies with Donghae. Not at all! Even though Yuri is there, you're not going to go to the movies with Donghae AT ALL!

"Sure, I'll come," Yoona blurted. Yuri squealed.

"Great! I'll make sure to tell Donghae about it, arraso? Gomawo, Yoona-ah!" Yuri thanked, as she ran off. Yoona smiled weakly and sighed. Oh gosh, why did I even agree? Yoona thought.


"MINHO!"

"Wha…OUCH!" Minho yelped as someone stepped on his shoes. 

"Sorry!" Yuri quickly apologized. Minho sighed silently, biting his tongue. Is she here to complain to me? Is she here to kick me out of this school or something? Is she–

"Minho, I thought about a lot what you said this morning, and I decided something," Yuri smiled.

"You decided to leave me alone?" Minho asked, his eyes shining with hope. Yuri laughed.

"Of course not, silly! I would never do that," Yuri giggled. Minho's face fell.

"Oh."

"What I was going to say was that you were the first guy who really made me realize that I was in love. Before, I knew that I was just crushing on other guys, ignoring Donghae oppa, but then now, I realized that I love you," Yuri confessed shyly, tucking her hair behind her ear. Oh gosh, is this a confession or something? Minho wondered. His heart suddenly pounded against his chest, making his forehead pour out nervous sweat.

"Er, I think you're just crushing on me–"

No, no, I really love you! So, I decided this: I'm going to make you fall in love with me no matter what! So I'm going to start by this," Yuri declared, as she pulled out a movie ticket. Minho immediately recognized that ticket. That's the movie Yoona wanted to watch! thought Minho.

"Um, Yuri, you should ask Yoona to go with you–"

"I already did. Well, actually, Donghae oppa did. So, it'll be like a double date! You and me with Donghae and Yoona! Isn't that great?" Yuri asked, smiling. For some reason, Minho did not like the idea of Yoona and Donghae going out on a date. I don't love Yoona, do I? Minho thought.

"So, are you coming?" 

Minho took one more glance down at Yuri's ticket. If this means to keep an eye on Yoona, I'm coming, Minho thought. He snatched the ticket away from Yuri and smirked.

"I'll be there." I'm not going to let Donghae snatch Yoona that easily.