Chapter 2 – You’re Such a Nice Guy.

Warm Hands, Cold Heart.

            Eunyoung liked this feeling, of talking to a guy without any pressures, any unwanted feelings, anything else but talking. Talking with Jinki on the way to History class together was really nice, and they basically learned a lot about each other in the 15 minutes it took to walk to the History and Science building. Eunyoung learned where that weird chicken smell came from; Jinki loves chicken and eats it almost all the time, including breakfast like he did this morning. She learned that he was the leader of SHINee, and that he was the one who had to take care of the others. She learned he was an only child, and has always had magnificent grades, so she was super excited about finding a study partner who actually knew what they were studying. She enjoyed studying with her best friend Yekyung too, but it always felt more like she was tutoring instead of studying together. They reached their classroom and were about to enter when she felt something behind her and quickly turned around.

“Eunyoung! How have you been? I was totally hoping I’d have a class with you. I barely got to see you all summer, what were you up to? And who is this good looking guy? Oh… wait… Onew? From SHINee? Oh my gosh, what are you doing here? Do you attend school here? Oh my gosh, I go to school with Onew from SHINee?” It was her friend, Yekyung. The extremely talkative one, who never really knows when to shut . Eunyoung smiled a small smile and gave her a hug even though she was a bit annoyed that her conversation with Jinki was interrupted.

“Hey Yekyung, how have you been? I’ve missed you too. I was working a lot, so that’s why I rarely got to see you. And yes, this is Onew from SHINee. He has this class with us too. Jinki, this is my friend Yekyung.”

“Hi Yekyung, it’s nice to meet you. Wait, is that who I think it is?” Jinki was looking behind Yekyung to another person. It had to be, of all people, Jonghyun.

“Onew hyung, why did you leave so early? Class doesn’t start for another 10 minutes. Oh wait. I have this class with you too?” He looked at Eunyoung, his smile fading bit. This was going to be a long semester. Hopefully it was only these two classes that he had to share with her, and not his whole schedule.

“Hi! Oh my gosh, you’re Jonghyun from SHINee! Oh my gosh! I can’t believe I’m meeting SHINee here at school!” Yekyung spazzed.

“Yekyung, calm down. They’re just guys. And yes, they’re famous. But they’re just people like us. So stop because you’re embarrassing the crap out of me.” Eunyoung patted her friend on the back.

“Hi…?” Jonghyun looked at the crazy fangirl with a questionable face. She looked a bit old to be fangirling, but as long as she didn’t try to him he’d be fine. “Yes, my name is Jonghyun. Yekyung, I think? It’s nice to meet you.” He extended a hand cautiously, not knowing how she’d act. She freaked and didn’t even touch it, but just stared at it. He shrugged, and then turned to Onew.

“Hyung, are you going to sit next to Eunyoung again this class? Anyways, I’m going in, class is about to start.” Jonghyun walked into the room, not looking at Eunyoung. She didn’t really care; she was just glad her friend didn’t freak out too bad at meeting SHINee. They all walked into the class since it was about to start, and noticed name cards on the tables.

“What is this, grade school all over again?” Yekyung whined; they were in alphabetical order. Apparently their History professor was a total neat freak and liked everything in proper order, so he placed name cards on all the desks to force some organization on the class as well. Jinki found his seat, Eunyoung’s was next to his left, and on her right, was Jonghyun. ‘This is going to be such an interesting class,’ Eunyoung thought. Yekyung was annoyed because she was seated all the way in the back away from Eunyoung and the SHINee guys. She wanted to chat up Jonghyun, see if he had any girls he liked and whatnot. She wanted to be the one he liked. But she couldn’t talk to him in this class. Heaving a sigh, she vowed to make him hers.

History class was finally over, with the professor being a stickler about every little detail, including what angle they should staple their papers. Rolling her eyes, Eunyoung walked out, with Jinki and Jonghyun behind her, and Yekyung behind them. They were met by Taemin, and with a happy look on her face, Eunyoung’s younger sister Hyunae. Eunyoung was so surprised that her sister was here, she just dropped her bag and ran over, squeezing the life out of the girl.

“Unnie! Okay, okay, stop squishing me please? I just came to visit, and drop off some paperwork. Yes, I’m applying here, before you even ask. I didn’t know where to find you, but I bumped into Taemin and he snuck away from his tour group to help me find your classroom. Unnie, I’ve missed you! And I have a surprise to tell you.” Hyunae smiled at her sister. She was hoping her sister would be as happy as she is, because their parents figured that Eunyoung would be too lonely living by herself that they sent Hyunae to live with her. It was a two bedroom apartment anyways, and this way Hyunae would be able to take dual credit classes at the university while still attending Seoul International, which was only a few blocks down the street.

“What’s the surprise Hyunae? And what are you doing down here anyways? When did Mom and Dad approve of you traveling alone?”

“Unnie, they sent me here to room with you. They thought you were too lonely living here by yourself, so they enrolled me in some dual credit classes here at Inha, and figured since school isn’t far from here, that I should just stay with you this year. Isn’t it great?”

“Really? Oh my gosh, I’m so happy for you! Thank goodness our parents finally got some sense knocked into them, do you remember how long I’ve been petitioning that they let you come here and stay with me? Why do you think I got a two-bedroom apartment? I’m so happy for you Hyunae, you get to do things I never got to do when I was your age. Did you already get your things delivered to the apartment?”

Hyunae nodded, and then finally realized there were still people around them, all with questioning faces.

“Unnie, are those two who I think they are? Jonghyun and Onew from SHINee? They have to be, since this is Taemin after all. I had no idea SHINee was going here too! Jonghyun oppa, Onew oppa, nice to meet you, I’m Eunyoung’s younger sister Hyunae.” She extended a hand and shook Jinki’s hand, and then Jonghyun’s hand.

“Hyunae, sorry, I should have introduced you first. And yes, SHINee does attend here. All of them, actually. I think Key and Minho are still in class, but we’re going to lunch together later, do you want to join us?”

“Okay Unnie. I have to go now and unpack. Don’t worry, I already got a copy from the office, but you’re going to have to stop by after school to sign some paperwork with them okay? I’ll see you at lunch!” Hyunae waved as she walked towards the exit to catch the bus.

“Be careful, okay? I’ll see you later. Call me if you need anything!” She turned back to face the guys, their faces unreadable. For some reason, Yekyung disappeared during her conversation, but Eunyoung didn’t really care. Taemin was the one who spoke first.

“Noona, that was your sister? How old is she? She’s so pretty, just like you.”

“Taemin, thank you for finding her. Yes, she is my sister. She’s in her last year of high school at Seoul International down the street. She’s going to be taking some dual credit classes here, so help her for me okay?”

“Okay noona, I’ll help her. Don’t worry.” Taemin smiled; Eunyoung noona was entrusting her sister to him. And he had to admit, Hyunae was so pretty. “Noona, I have to go now, or else the tour guide will be wondering where I ran off. I’ll see everyone at lunch! Bye hyungs.” He scurried off to go find the tour group.

“After this class, I don’t have any other classes until after lunch. I guess this will be my study time.” Jinki smiled at Eunyoung shyly once again, making her heart beat a bit fast. “What about you? What are you studying as your major?”

“International business with a minor in music. What about you? And same for me, the class I have next is international trade and relations, and it’s at 3. Jonghyun, what are you studying?” Eunyoung wanted him to join in the conversation, even though she was still pissed from this morning’s incident. But she didn’t want him to feel like she hated him for no reason.

“I’m majoring in music composition. And so is Onew hyung. But he’s double majoring, and his other major is… oh crap I forgot. Hyung, what’s you other major?”

“Haha, that’s okay. You have a tendency to forget a lot. My second major’s accounting. So it seems we’ll have a lot of classes together, Eunyoung. Well, until the end of this year, anyways. I’m graduating.” Jinki beamed, he was hoping she’d be proud of him. How could he be feeling these feelings so early? He didn’t understand, but he did understand one thing. Her smile made his heart melt. And he just wanted to tell her, and to hold her hand, and do all sorts of couply things with her, but he knew it was too early to let her know. He would have to hold it in until they knew each other better.

“That’s great! Are you going to attend grad school? A guy as smart as you, you definitely should. I’m planning on it too, and I want to study overseas in America as well. Jonghyun, what year are you?”

“I’m a junior.” Jonghyun didn’t feel very talkative right now, which was definitely unusual, since he usually liked to yap his mouth off. But he felt a bit out of place, like a third wheel, all awkward. He didn’t like this feeling, never did. But he, unlike the other two, had one more class before lunch, so he figured this was the perfect time to go to his next class to stop feeling so awkward. “I have one more class before lunch, so I’ll catch you later okay hyung? I’ll see you at lunch, Eunyoung.” And with that, he walked off towards the stairs heading to his biology class.

“I’ll see you at lunch, Jonghyun.” He didn’t even hear her because he already walked off. She shrugged, and then looked at Jinki. “Do you want to go to the library? I want to get started on this ridiculous history homework Professor assigned us.”

“Sure, the sooner the better. Let’s go.” Jinki nodded and they walked down the stairs and out the sliding doors towards the gigantic building in the middle of campus that was the library. They talked the whole time there, about the most random things, from favorite foods to their favorite pieces to play on the piano. Eunyoung’s favorite had to be Beethoven, all Beethoven, while Jinki was a hardcore Mozart fan. Eunyoung’s friend Yekyung was still nowhere to be found, probably coming up with a secret plan to win Jonghyun’s heart. Eunyoung felt the happiness that is finding a new friend, while Jinki was feeling the beginning of the flutters in his stomach.