Chapter 6 - Love Triangles are a Hassle.

Warm Hands, Cold Heart.

Onew started blushing furiously. Even though he was happy he finally got it out of his system, he was more nervous than ever. He didn’t know what her answer would be, and the worry that a refusal would come out of was making him extremely anxious. He looked over to Jonghyun, who looked like he was a bit confused. Or upset. Or maybe both. He didn’t know. All he knew was that his hands were sweating profusely and he could feel the sweat beading at his temples.

“Eunyoung, don’t worry about it, you don’t have to answer me now. Just, you know, let me know soon? I’ve gotta get to class before I’m late, so I’ll see you tomorrow?” Onew rushed away without waiting for an answer, leaving the others standing there still, confused.

“Eunyoung noona, what just happened? Why was hyung so nervous?” Minho asked.

“I really don’t know Minho. And Key, don’t give me that look silly. I know what that look means.” Eunyoung shot a look back at Key, who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

“Eunyoung noona, I don’t know what you’re talking about. Anyways, Minnie and I have to get to class too or we’ll be late. Come on Minho, let’s go!” Tugging on Minho’s sweater, Key pulled them off towards the science building. Which left just Jonghyun and Eunyoung standing in the cafeteria, both of them still looking confused. Eunyoung was speechless, not a word coming out of her parched mouth. Jonghyun still had that strange look on his face, and turned to look at Eunyoung, before finally muttering something to break the silence.

“Thanks for being my partner. Um… if you want we should schedule a time to meet up to start on it. Saturday sound okay?” Jonghyun needed to stop being so nervous, he could tell he was being so obviously flustered.

“Yeah, Saturday sounds good, what time would you like to meet up? I’m free at noon, want to grab lunch before starting?” Eunyoung mustered the last of her calm to force that sentence out of .

“Noon it is. Shall I pick you up?”

“Sure. Room 504 is mine.” Eunyoung tried hard to hide her feelings. But what were her feelings? She felt so mixed up right now she had no clue.

“Okay, I’ll pick you up Saturday. See you in class tomorrow.” Jonghyun reached over to squeeze Eunyoung’s arm gently before turning and walking towards the library, still wondering what the hell he just got himself into. A part of him felt ecstatic, to be able to work together with her, and get close to her. Another part of him felt horrible, for making it look like he stole her from hyung, and then lying about it. But he wasn’t lying about it, was he? Every time Jonghyun saw Eunyoung now, his heart started aching. What this meant, he didn’t know, but he wanted to find out. Pushing the library doors open, he stepped inside and headed towards the reference books, wondering if he could ever be able to find the answer as easily as looking it up in the dictionary.

 

“Eunyoung noona, thank you so much for giving me a ride to class today.” Taemin was grinning ear to ear; he was sitting in the back seat of Eunyoung’s car with Hyunae next to him. He finally convinced her to call him oppa, and was super excited he could hardly contain it. He knew he was kind of acting like a little kid getting ice cream, but he couldn’t help it. Every day, he started liking her more and more. The only problem was, he didn’t know how to tell her. And even worse, Minho hyung was beginning to feel attracted to her too, even though he didn’t show it in front of the others. Only Taemin knew, because Minho would talk to him about these things. He didn’t know if he would be able to compete against Minho, if he had enough to offer Hyunae. Angry that his happy thoughts turned to sad, he grinned and looked over at Hyunae.

“Hyunae, noona tells me you’re a great dancer. Are you going to show me some moves when we get to class?”

“Haha, of course! But I’m warning you oppa, unnie isn’t so bad herself either. She’s better than me, she just won’t admit it.” Hyunae smiled, her heart fluttering a bit at the sound of him saying her name.

“Hyunae, what are you talking about. I can’t dance.”

“Unnie, you liar, I saw you in your room last night when you said you were studying. Jamming out to Lucifer is no lie, I could hear you in the kitchen!”

“Noona, you know our song?”

“Taeminnie, of course I do. Onew oppa gave me your CD as a gift.”

“And she sleeps with it under her pillow every night!” Hyunae giggled.

“Hyunae, you might want to watch out, I might end up cooking something disastrous for dinner and then you’ll go hungry,” Eunyoung retorted.

“Okay, okay unnie, I give up. We’re almost there!” Eunyoung turned into a parking lot next to a large glass building. Parking close to the doors, she turned off the car and opened the door to get out. Taemin raced out of the car and to the other side to open the door for Hyunae, who giggled while getting out. Grabbing their bags, Eunyoung locked the car and they walked inside, Taemin rushing forward to open the door for them. Once inside, Taemin led them through the hallways filled with competition photos and trophies to his favorite practice room. There, his dance teacher was already there.

“Eunhyuk hyung! How long have you been waiting for me?” Taemin gave his teacher a hi five.

“Not long, really. Taemin, who are these two pretty ladies?” Eunhyuk looked at Eunyoung and Hyunae with a smile.

“This is Eunyoung noona, and this is Hyunae. Do you mind if they stick around during class with me? They’re both dancers also.”

“No probs kiddo. Let’s get started.”

After 2 hours of learning various dances, from Ring Ding Dong and Lucifer to BoA’s Energetic, the three of them were looking extremely worn out and sweaty. Laughing at how Taemin’s auburn hair stuck to his forehead, they cooled off with some water before thanking Eunhyuk and leaving, toweling off their sweat.

“Unnie that was super fun. We should come every week. Would you mind, Taemin oppa?”

“Not at all Hyunae! You’re welcome anytime. It definitely was fun, usually it’s just me and Eunhyuk hyung, but with you two I laughed a lot more. Even when the other hyungs come, it’s not this much fun. I have an idea, we should definitely all go to a class together. I’ll tell the hyungs about it.” Taemin was definitely excited, if all the hyungs came with them, he’d be able to watch the reaction between Minho hyung and Hyunae. And maybe get a peek into what’s going on between Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung regarding Eunyoung noona. They walked over to Eunyoung’s car and hopped in. It was now dark outside, and Eunyoung the lights before driving off. After dropping Taemin off at his apartment, Eunyoung drove home, with Hyunae talking nonstop about their dance lesson earlier.

“Unnie, don’t you think Taemin oppa is so amazing? His popping skills are so much more polished than mine, I want my popping to be as good as his. And I never knew RDD could be so difficult, it looks so much easier in the music video…” Hyunae blabbed all the way to their apartment. Driving into the parking garage, Eunyoung went up to the 5th floor and parked, but then noticed something strange. There were two cars near her parking spot, and they both belonged to people she knew. One was Jonghyun’s, and one was Onew’s. ‘What in the world are they doing here,’ she wondered.

“Hyunae, go ahead and go up to the apartment, I’ll catch you up there in a sec. I need to talk to these two.” Hyunae trudged up to the apartment; she wanted to stay and see what happened. Opening the door, she slid off her shoes and walked to her room, grabbing things to head into the shower. ‘At least I get to shower first,’ she thought. Thoughts of Taemin dancing filled her mind during her shower.

 

“Oppa, Jonghyun, what are you two doing here right now? Have you been waiting for me the whole time? Taemin said you were all busy.” Eunyoung tilted her head and looked at the two boys who came looking for her. She noticed they weren’t looking at her; instead they were looking at each other. Both with astonished looks on their faces, like they couldn’t believe the other one was here.

“Jonghyun, what are you doing here?”

“Hyung, I should ask you the same question, I thought you had musical practice today.”

“It… ended early. And what about you? I thought you couldn’t be bothered from your songwriting today.”

“Something was nagging at me concerning Eunyoung, so I came to figure it out. And you?”

“Same thing.” They both turned to Eunyoung, who was standing there, totally shocked and speechless. She knew Onew was pretty shy, but she didn’t know Jonghyun was this straightforward. If only she could be as straightforward right now.

“So what do you guys want to talk to me about?”

“Who should go first, me or Onew hyung?” Jonghyun asked. He secretly wanted to go first, because what he had to tell her would be an extreme shock. He finally got up the courage to talk to her about the dream. But he knew she would probably pick Onew first. And that made him a bit more anxious.

“I don’t know, you guys choose. Who was here first?” She watched as Jonghyun nodded. He’d been sitting there for the past three hours, waiting for her to show up.

“Okay Jonghyun, I’ll talk to you first. Oppa, I’ll talk to you afterwards, okay? Here, let’s go sit in my car, and then afterwards I’ll go sit in your car Onew.” Eunyoung and Jonghyun walked over to her car and opened the doors to sit inside. It felt so strange, being in a car with Jonghyun alone. They were a ways away from the other cars, so Eunyoung felt even more strange. It wasn’t weird while they’re talking outside of class, but here, at night, with him in her car, alone. It made everything around her blur a bit, and her heart race a bit. As she turned to face him, he leaned in a bit, making her feel nervous.

“Eunyoung.”

“Yes, Jonghyun.”

“I had this dream the other night. And it involved you. And I don’t know why, but in this dream… we… kissed.” Jonghyun could barely breathe, his head was spinning.

“Really now. That’s strange, I had the same dream too. The night after your drunken incident.”

“The same night. We had the same dream, on the same night. What is this supposed to mean?” Jonghyun was so confused, he wanted to stop being confused.

“It’s probably something important.”

“As important as this?” And with that, Jonghyun took a deep breath and leaned in, brushing his lips against hers.