Juliet

IUSEOBღ One-Shots~ 아이유섭 사랑해요! ㅋㅋㅋ

 

 
 
IU's POV
 
"Yah! Wait up!! Juliet!! Wait for me!!" Instead of waiting I picked up the pace until he grabbed my arm.
 
"Yah!! I told you to wait!" He said with a cute pout.
 
"I'm not Juliet!!!! That's not my name!!"
 
"Haha I know...but Juliet is known to be really pretty so I thought the nickname would suit you, hehe.."
 
"Babo....aish..don't call me that!!" I turned around to hide my blush and continued walking away. As I walked, I heard the whispers of the onlookers.
 
"Wow~ she just walked away from the Romeo of our school~ IU sunbae is amazing!!" I smiled after hearing that but frowned a little at the mention of Romeo. I knew who they were talking about. Romeo is the school's nickname for Yang Yoseob, the boy who was telling me to wait earlier. *sigh* 'My name isn't Juliet.....I prefer my own name...and I'm not pretty either..'
 
I usually wore thick rimmed glasses and had my hair in a bun or ponytail.
 
iu_poses_in_pink_sweater_and_large_frame
 
But on one occasion, the school's Prince Charming or Romeo aka Yang Yoseob, saw me at an engagement party that I had attended with my parents and brother. 
 
I wore a light yellow spring dress since it was held outside and had an accessory in my hair.
 
ec9584ec9db4ec9ca022.jpg
 
The tables were white and the flowers were bright colors of pink, purple, white, yellow, red, and orange.
 
 
 
»»Flashback««
 
 
While quietly sitting at the table, I sipped my tea and glanced around. Many of them were adults who conversed with each other quietly. My brother had found a girl to flirt with while I was left being bored and alone.
 
"Jieun?? You're Jieun, right??!"
 
"Huh? A-ah...ne..." I quietly whispered. 'Dang it!! Someone saw me here..'
 
"I go to your school!! Don't you know me?"
 
"Huh? A-ani......wait....you're...."
 
"Yes?"
 
"Yang.....Yo......Seob..." I said with a little bit of disbelief and shock woven into my voice.
 
"Ippeuda!!"
 
"Mwoh?"
 
"Neon ippeuda!! Jinjja jinjja ippeuda!!"
 
"Ah...gomawo..." I said with a little blush. He was the first guy outside of my family to call me pretty. Sitting down, he started asking me all these questions.
 
"How come you don't have your glasses today?"
 
"Ah I–"
 
"Did you forget them?"
 
"No I–"
 
"Can you see?"
 
"Yes I–"
 
"How bad is your sight?"
 
"It's not–"
 
"I mean, are you really blind?"
 
"What? No–"
 
"How many finger am I–"
 
"YANG YOSEOB!! CAN YOU LET ME FINISH MY ANSWERS BEFORE CUTTING ME OFF!?!" Everyone turned to look at us and I turned red. I quickly got up and rushed away somewhere.
 
"Mianhe..."
 
"Ani, gwenchana..I overreacted...hehe.."
 
After that, we sat down on a bench under a willow tree with a nice cool breeze blowing. We also told jokes, had laughs, and talked about ourselves.
 
 
»»End of Flashback««
 
That's why he keeps calling me Juliet...because he just happened to see me on the rare occasions when I actually dressed up to look all nice and pretty. I snapped out of my thoughts as I bumped into someone.
 
"Ah, mianha–"
 
"Yah Juliet!! Didn't you hear me calling for you?"
 
"Huh? Aniyo..wae?"
 
"Hehe, you answered to Juliet~" He said in a mocking way with a smile plastered to his face.
 
 "Go away hmph!" I said while pouting and crossing my arms.
 
"Hmmm, then should I call you cutie instead? Huh Juliet?"
 
"Y-yah!! Geumanhe!!" I said as a blush crept up my face.
 
"Arasso arasso~ Juliet it is then~ haha you're my Juliet and I'm your Romeo~"
 
"Mwoh!?! I'm fine thanks!! And I'm not Juliet!!"
 
"What's wrong with Juliet??"
 
"I'm not pretty, beautiful, nor am I graceful and I, for one thing, don't want my loved one to die!!"
 
".....mian...are you mad??? Arasso...I won't bother you anymore.." He said as he turned around and walked away, his eyes glued to the floor. He turned back around after a few steps.
 
"Oh and just so you know, you're pretty, beautiful, and above all you are graceful. I'm pretty sure your loved one would want to die for you if it's for your benefit too so.....I'll be going then.." He turned and walked away again.
 
"Y-yoseob-ah...mian..I overreacted...again.." Turning around, he rushed towards me.
 
"Jieun-ah, you know why I'm your Romeo and you're my Juliet?"
 
"Ani, wae?"
 
"Because I'd die for you and hoped you'd do the same. Their love was that strong. Lee Jieun, saranghae~ I've liked you since the first time I laid eyes on you.....wow I just realized how lame that sounded..." He said while awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. I just stood there frozen not knowing how to reply. I wasn't expecting a confession since I thought he only called me Juliet to spite me. I've also liked him since my first day of school here but thought that he'd never like me since I was, well, me. I was the nerdy, uncool, lame, geeky girl in school which most people besides my awesome friends, Jiyeon and Suzy, ignored.
 
"Nad–"
 
"Mian...if my confession was too much...I don't want to push you away...it's ok if you say no..I just hope we can be friends."
 
"Oh jinjja? Mian. Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?"
 
"Mwoh?" He asked raising an eyebrow
 
 
"You didn't let me finish again!" I said with a little pout.
 
"Ah mi–"
 
"Nado saranghae~ hehe my turn to interrupt~" He looked at me wide eyed then gave me his adorable eye smile.
 
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
 
"Will you stop interrupting me?"
 
"If you say yes to being my girlfriend, then yes." He said while chuckling.
 
"Hmm....should I?" I said teasingly. Yoseob cutely pouted while giving an adorable nod.
 
"Arasso arasso~ ne Yang Yoseob!! NADO SARANGHAE!!! I WILL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND IF YOU'LL BE MY BOYFRIEND!!" He laughed.
 
"Of course!" He said and leaned in to kiss me.