A Black Paradise in My Bad Day Pt. 2

IUSEOBღ One-Shots~ 아이유섭 사랑해요! ㅋㅋㅋ

IU's POV


Today was indeed, a bad day. In science, my second hour, I got frog guts all over me due to my partner. In third hour, gym, a basketball flew into my face. In fourth hour, health, I fell asleep and earned myself a detention. In fifth hour, study period, water spilled all over my text book as I started to nod off again. And in sixth hour, geography, I fell into the pond while observing rocks.

My shoes squeaked as I walked drenched to the nurse's office. I knocked on her door and waited a minute. No answer. 'Ughh. Why today of all days does she have to be gone right now?'

I decided to just head home, soaked as I was. My feet were uncomfortable in their wet socks. I pulled out my iPod only to remember that it wasn't charged. I groaned.

As I opened the door to leave the school, water droplets started to pelt my in the face. Great. Other kids gathered underneath umbrellas as I walked out in the rain. Who cares, I thought. I'm already soaked.

As I walked along the empty road home, lyrics popped into my head.

 

"Under the tall street light
I’m on my way back home alone
Saying the lonely words, I don’t want to go…

My footsteps get slower
I go around the neighborhood a few times and in the end
I stand in front of my house and fish for my keys


[Ki keun jeonbotdae jomyeong arae
Na honja jibe doraganeun gil
Gagi sirta sseulsseulhan daesa han madi

Jeomjeom neuryeojineun balgeoreum
Dongne myeot bakwireul bingbing dolda gyeolguk
Dochakhan daemun ape seoseo yeolsoereul manjijak manjijak]"

 

Before I knew it, I reached home. Dad had left for work and Mom was screaming at the TV. I tried to walk past her unnoticed but unfortunately, she noticed me.

"YOU!! YOU WORTHLESS GOOD FOR NOTHING GIRL!!" I stood there silent and waiting for her to continue. 'Her words will not hurt me anymore.' I've become numb to the pain though, sometimes it reaches me. And when it does, it hurts. I broke from my thoughts as a hand hit my face.

"YOU LITTLE !! GET AWAY FROM ME!! I CAN'T STOMACH THE SIGHT OF YOU!! YOU'RE NOT EVEN YOUR DAD'S DAUGHTER!!" I stood there shocked. The pain had reached me.

"I knew I should've aborted you. You filthy little…" I willed my tears not to fall as I turned away to head up the stairs. I heard her mumbling a bit as I paused.

"The only reason why I married into this house was for the money. Of course I wanted him to love me too but noo he's too busy with his work and all. WHY DIDN'T HE JUST MARRY HIS WORK INSTEAD THEN?! Urghh!! How could he leave?! HE'D WANTED A CHILD AND I'D GIVEN HIM ONE!!" She yelled, frustrated. She pulled and pulled at her hair. Then she broke down crying; sobbing.

I rushed up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door shut, breathing in heavily. 'It's not true. It can't be true.' Even though Dad worked a lot he still loved me. Whenever he had time he'd take me fishing or on a trip. Or if he was stressed he'd hardly speak to anyone. That's why I didn't find his attitude this morning strange.

"I'm not…I'm not…m-my…" I started to choke on the words. Tears poured down my face. I want to leave. Maybe I should run away…

 

Yoseob's POV


I finally reached the mansion. Now, don't be confused. You'd think I was scared for B2ST, but no, the thought of B2ST beating up 2PM and ending up in jail scared me more. I'm guessing 2PM, the gang Wooyoung is in, thought the B2ST members would be vulnerable. They probably thought they could surprise us. But they're wrong. What they don't know is that over the past years our parents were gone, we'd each developed a defense mechanism.

As I mentioned before, Doojoon has his death grip. No one besides Dongwoon can escape his hold. Kikwang, Dongwoon, Junhyung, and Hyunseung each either kick, punch, knee, or elbow someone with great strength. I'm not quite sure what I do, but from what I've heard I go for the neck. Sort of like Doojoon's death grip, I end up trying to strangle someone.

Of course we all have specific ways to be woken up so that we don't beat another person up. We tend to be even stronger fighting half asleep then awake because we don't hold ourselves back like usual.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs, loud thuds and crashes came from above. 'Damn it. I hope they haven't done too much damage.'

I peeked inside the room. Junsu, 2PM's leader, was struggling to get out of the sleeping Doojoon's grip. Chansung had a huge red spot on his cheek as Dongwoon rose from the bed rubbing his eyes and swinging his feet to kick Chansung. Kikwang were tussling with Junho; his eyes half closed. Junhyung had been tripped by a crouched over Taecyeon. I'm guessing he was kicked in the stomach. And Hyunseung was wide awake dodging Nichkhun's blows.

I glanced around the room still unnoticed. Three lamps lay broken on the floor and bed sheets were scattered all over. Quickly, I ran behind the person closest to me, Junho. I hit his pressure point which caused him to fall on Kikwang. Next, I tiptoed over behind Taecyeon about to hit his pressure point until he turned aroun with an angry look in his face. He swung and I ducked. Junhyung then rose and tried to hit Taecyeon who dodged and continued to try and hit me. I sighed. Grabbing his arm which was aimed at my face, I hit a point under his arm then one near his shoulder. This numbed his arm and it fell limp.

Taecyeon charged towards me and I sidestepped almost getting hit. Doojoon had woken up and started going on the defense. I looked around and noticed that every B2ST member was on their defense mode. Good, I thought. They're awake then.

Soon, every 2PM member present was locked in a hold. Kikwang pressed Junho against a wall. Junhyung held Taecyeon's face to the floor while sitting on him. And Hyunseung, Dongwoon, and Doojoon held Nichkhun, Chansung, and Junsu's arms behind their back, twisting it into a painful position.

The only noises were of the 2PM members struggling to be released until Doojoon spoke.

"Leave," he said in a cold and demanding voice. He was hardly ever like this. Usually he was all smiles. To bring him into this mode was something else. Doojoon hated our past but he didn't regret it. He said it taught us all something. And that we should be thankful for it even though it may not have been the best of times. One by one each of the B2ST members slowly let the 2PM members go until Chansung had struck Dongwoon in the face.

Doojoon gave me a look that said 'You know what you have to do.' I was the fastest and the only one who knew where all the pressure points were. In about 7 seconds flat, all 2PM members lay on the floor temporarily paralyzed. Doojoon slung both Chansung and Junsu over his shoulders and walked out of the room out the front door. The others did the same besides me and Dongwoon. Dongwoon's face had two scratches from the rings Chansung had on. I went to go grab the first aid kit and cleaned his wound. Then left to go find the others.

 

 

IU's POV (Night Time)


I had everything ready and packed in a medium sized duffle bag. My iPod, now fully charged, was in my pocket along with my phone. In my bag was clothes, money, and my chargers. I took a deep breath. Lyrics popped into my head again.


"As I look out, I let out a meaningless breath
My room is colder than the middle of winter, the air is cold even to the tips of my fingers
If spring never comes, would that be better?

[Barabomyeo uimi eomneun sumeul swigo
Han gyeoulboda chagaun nae bang son kkeutkkaji sirin gonggi
Bomi oji anheumyeon geuge charari naeulkka]"


I silently walked downstairs this time going unnoticed by my drunk mom who was yelling at the screen again. I slipped out the door as an icy chill hit me in the face. I closed the door and walked and walked. I walked until I saw a shadow on the wall. I held my bag to my chest.

"W-who's there?" I felt stupid for asking that like they always do in horror movies. Instead I quickened my pace. Before I could even take ten steps a hand wrapped around my mouth. I couldn't even try to scream. Instead I started to hyperventilate.

"Shh!!" A hush came. It sounded like a man. 7 more shadows followed my footsteps ran past us as we hid in the alleyway. The hand left my mouth and I started to calm down.

"Sorry about that," he said. "They're gang is known to beat up random people. You should stay inside when it's dark. It's not safe."

"I-I" I couldn't form any words. I turned around to face him so fast I got dizzy. Instead of a scary looking, erted, and gross middle aged man I saw a cute boy around my age. He didn't look at me but was looking cautiously around. After about a minute or two he realized I was staring and looked down the meet my gaze. And oh my his eyes. Even though his face was lit up with the street light's ugly glow, I could clearly see his yummy chocolate brown eyes. It wasn't until he cleared his throat that I realized I was staring; maybe even drooling. I blushed.

"Are you listening?" 'Huh? What'd he ask?'

"Huh?"

"I said where's your street? I should at least walk you there."

"Oh uh…I can go by myself," I said as I turned and started to walk away. He grabbed my arm and pinned me against the wall. His face was only a centimeter away from mine. I blushed again.

"See? You can't even defend yourself. Let me walk you. I'll find the guys later."

"The guys?" He looked at me confused as if he hadn't meant to say it out loud.

"Nothing," he replied. All of a sudden a fist flew towards his face. He quickly ducked and swung his leg out tripping the person that tried to hit him. And then we were surrounded. He hid me behind his back. As he fought against the 6 of the 7 that surrounded I noticed a guy with a bat sneaking behind my protector. I acted fast and tackled him from behind. He was confused for a second, then moved to get me off spinning in circles. I pulled on his hair as he tried to shake me off. He screamed until he suddenly collapsed and I was in the arms of my protector guy.

"Thanks," he said. "Nae ireumeun Yoseobieyo, neoneun?"

"Ne? Ahh Jieun ibnida," I sad bowing slightly.

"Listen, you're in danger. They've seen you with me and now they're most likely assuming you're dating me," I blushed for a third time as he said this. "It'll be dangerous. We've managed to stay out of the way for a year but it seems they want us back on the scene for some reason…" I stared confused. Not really getting his words.

"Anyways, it'd be best if we stuck around together more often. It'd be easier to protect you."

"What kind of pick up line is this?!" Yoseob stared at me slightly amused.

"I've decided. If you refuse to tell me where you live, come to my house."

"WHAT!?"