Giving Up??

IUSEOBღ One-Shots~ 아이유섭 사랑해요! ㅋㅋㅋ

 

 
 
Yoseob's POV
 
'I give up!!' I thought in my head and sighed. 'She's never going to like me... She already has Wooyoung too...there's no way I'll fit in the picture...' I trudged my way down the hall. I heard loud and hurried footsteps coming my way as if they were running from something but didn't bother to look up. BAM!! That person ran into me. 
 
"YAH!! Watch where–"  I stopped yelling when I saw IU crying and collapsed on the floor in front of me.
 
"I-IU?" I said her name as she sobbed.
 
"G-gwenchana? Waegurae?? What happened?" I stood there a little frozen since I had no idea what to do. 'AISH!!! Naega eotteoghe!??!?!!! Jieun...Jieun is so....sad right now...' 
 
"D-do I s-seem ok to you?" She said in a barely audible whisper. I hesistated before kneeling down beside her.
 
"What happened?" My eyebrows scrunching up in worry as I lifted my right hand to her left shoulder. I had an internal debate on whether I should've or should not've done that but it was already too late. My body seemed to have a mind of it's own.
 
"I-I-" IU said while furiously wiping away her tears that kept dropping.
 
"No, no, no, no, wait! You don't have to tell me if you don't want to..."
 
"Gwenchana...I want to l-let it all out."
 
"Arasseo..." I said quietly.
 
"I saw..."
 
 
 
»»Flashback««
 
IU's POV
 
"Hehe, oppa forgot his bag at my desk. I'll go bring it to him. Ok, Jiyeon? Don't leave without me ok?" I said turning to Jiyeon.
 
"Arasseo arasseo, just get on with it then. I'll be here so..."
 
"Gomawo!!" I got up and rushed out of the room eager to see my wonderful boyfriend. 'What class did he have again?...Oh, yes!! Chemistry!!' I happily skipped down the hall remembering how sweet he was this morning. Totally different then usual.
 
Flashback Pause
 
 
Yoseob's POV
 
"Usually oppa–no I mean Wooyoung–would get annoyed if I took too long getting ready since he always came to pick me up. Well, today was one of those days, and surprisingly, he didn't complain. In fact, he told me to take all the time I needed. But I didn't think much of it...baboya!! Why am I soo stupid!!" She said about to hit her head before I gently grabbed her by the wrist.
 
"You're not stupid!!" I quickly defended her. She stared at my hand with her glossy eyes before I blushed and quickly let go. "A-anyways, I'm curious...what happened next?"
 
"Ok, so then..."
 
 
Flashback Resume
 
Finally, I reached the door. 
 
"Oppa I–" I said but stopped as I opened the door to reveal Suzy and Wooyoung making out. I dropped his bag and ran.
 
»»End of Flashback««
 
 
Yoseob's POV
 
"That's how it went...." IU said while sniffling.
 
I was frozen. 'Naega eotteoghe!?!' On an impulse I reached out and hugged her. We stayed there for a few minutes until someone interrupted. 
 
"Ahem!!!! Would you care to explain why you're hugging my girlfriend!?!!?!?" A voice boomed from the right of us.
 
"W-Wooyoung-ah..." IU stuttered. I protectively went in front of her.
 
"Who are you to say that your her boyfriend?!? You have no right! Not after what you did!!" I yelled back fiercely.
 
"Who am I!!? Who are you!!! Stay out of this!! You're just a bystander now move!!"
 
"Shireo~" I tauntingly said.
 
"AISH!! NEO!!" He threw a punch. Of course, being as awesome as I am, I blocked it. Now was the time to show IU just how cool I was. 
 
"IU-ah, you might want to stand a side a little." I told her. I didn't want her to get hurt.
 
"But–" She protested.
 
"Listen to me," I said, cutting her off, and with a commanding voice I never really knew I had.
 
"A-arasseo...please..just don't get hurt alright?" My heart fluttered. 'Wahh~ I can't believe she told me that!! She cares!! Yay~ she didn't say anything to Wooyoung HAHA!'
 
I snapped out of my happy thoughts when I saw something from the corner or my eye flash. I instinctively blocked and swung my foot to trip him. He stumbled for a bit but quickly regained balance. Kids started gathering around to watch but I didn't pay much attention. I was too busy making sure I'd win. He swung his left fist at me. I dodged, only to find out it was a feint and got hit in the jaw with his right fist.
 
.'So he's right-handed...' I quickly jabbed him in the stomach while he elbowed me in the ribs. I kept remembering how IU cried which made me even angrier, so I ignored the flaring pains coming from my ribs and threw a hard punch to his face while tackling him on the ground.
 
"YOU BASTARD!!! YOU MADE HER CRY!!" He flipped us over.
 
"STAY OUT OF THIS!! IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM!!" He punched me in the stomach. I gasped for breath and quickly caught it.
 
"IS TOO!!" I yelled while flipping us again and socked him in the jaw with my right hand.
 
"AND WHY WOULD THAT BE!? !!" He yelled as he kicked me off him.
 
"B-because...." I started getting embarrassed and he used this time to tackle me to the ground giving me dozens of punches to the face. I struggled to get him off and when I did, I was pissed.
 
"BECAUSE I LOVE HER!!!" I kneed him in the stomach a couple of times and pushed him up against the lockers.
 
"Yoseob..." I heard her soft and gentle voice calling my name. I stopped. I forgot she was there. Quickly, I let Wooyoung go and rushed off to my secret place.
 
"AISH!!! BABOYA!! Why'd you do that!?!? She's still heartbroken!! I bet she thinks I'm a total jerk....maybe she thinks I'm only being nice to her to get close to her.....AISH!!!" I yelled to myself while pulling and running my hands through my hair.
 
"Yoseob?? You know, I'm not mad...nor am I all that heartbroken...hehe you're cute..." I turned around when she said that and immediately her face flushed a deep red. "Sure, it hurt a lot...but now I know he's not the right one. So, something good came out of this, right?" IU asked.
 
"I'm cute? You're the cute one..." Realizing what I just said, I too, turned red.
 
"So....this time.. Can you confess properly?" She said still blushing. I chuckled.
 
"I. Like. You. IU." I said and leaned forward to kiss her. She giggled. 
 
"What happened to love? Hehe just kidding. Oh and call me Jieun....oppa.." She said while blushing even more.
 
"O-oppa..." I chuckled at her cuteness but quickly winced due to some pain in my cheek. IU's eyes widened. "We need to get you patched up!!" She started to panic but I quickly brought her into my arms. I gently placed my right hand onto her left cheek before she gasped and quickly backed away. IU frantically searched her pockets and pulled out a handkerchief. She gently wrapped it around my bleeding hand. IU looked back up at me after she was satisfied with her makeshift bandage and pouted at my smile. "Why are you smiling!!! You're hurt..." She said while furrowing her eyebrows.
 
"Gwenchanha, IU. It was for your sake so it's ok," I told her. She pouted again.
 
"I told you not to get hurt!!" IU pouted and crossed her arms. "What if it gets infected?! What it you fractured a bone!!?? What if-" I cut her off with a kiss.
 
"Alright Little Miss Worry-Wart, we can drop by the nurse if that makes you feel better," I told her. IU stared at me for a while before giving in.
 
"Arasseo. And HEY! I'm not a Worry-Wart!!" I chuckled at her late reaction.
 
"You're too cute. I love you, Lee Jieun~" I gave her another quick peck as we walked hand in hand back to class with her still saying that she wasn't a Worry-Wart. Even though I agreed that she wasn't just to please her, she'll be my Little Miss Worry-Wart in my head.