To Sing With You

IUSEOBღ One-Shots~ 아이유섭 사랑해요! ㅋㅋㅋ

IU’s POV

 

Today was the day when our music teacher finally announced our big project of the year. I took a deep breath. I hoped to get a good grade on this. If I made even one mistake, my whole grade would drop.

 

“Students, I know you’ve been waiting all month to hear about your project. So I shan’t keep it from you anymore. Today, you are going to choose a partner of the other gender, pick a theme from this hat I’m holding in my hand, find a song for a duet within that theme, and perform it at the last dance of the year. Everybody got that? Oh, and one more thing. You will be pulling the main singer out of another hat which is sitting on my desk. It may be that you have equal parts, or the girl gets more, or the boy gets more. You’ll just have to wait and see because not all duets are even.”

 

Many people groaned as they wanted to work with their same gendered friends and felt that the restrictions were too much. I pouted a bit. I was hoping to get together with Jiyeon but I guess that wasn’t happening. I wonder what theme I’ll get.

 

As I sat there wondering about my song, people started to pair up. Jiyeon and her boyfriend Seungho paired up. Along with Suzy and Wooyoung, Song Jieun and Yongguk, Hara and her boyfriend Junhyung, G.NA and Doojoon, Hyosung and Kikwang, Hyunseung and Hyuna, Minhyuk and Krystal, and Yonghwa and Seohyun. There were 18 people left including me but they were already quickly forming pairs. I panicked. Suddenly, a hand reach out and grabbed me from behind.

 

I turned around to see a breathless Yoseob. He was a really quiet guy. From what I’ve seen, he can play guitar, piano, and a little bit of the drums.

 

“Will-” he breathed in heavily. “You be my- my par-” he was cut off by the horde girls left who were screaming ‘BE MY PARTNER!!’ He let go of my arm and ran off around the auditorium which is where our class is held.

 

Someone tapped me on the shoulder a minute after Yoseob ran. I turned around to see Seulong.

 

“Would you like-” He was cut off by a girl dragging him away saying that he was her partner. I sighed and sat down. I barely knew anyone here besides Hara, Jiyeon, Seungho, Suzy, and Wooyoung. A sudden whisper from behind scared the out of me. I yelped. The person hushed me.

 

“It’s me Yoseob!! Those girls are crazy!! Please, don’t blow my cover,” he pleaded and gave the most adorable pout with puppy dog eyes. My heart melted and I quickly nodded my head.

 

“What did you want to say earlier?” I asked curiously. He gave a cute little laugh.

 

“Will you be my partner for the final project?” I pretended to think a bit. Better him than anyone else I guess.

 

“Hmmm… I don’t know…” He gave a devastated look and I laughed. “I’m just kidding silly. I’d love to sing with you.” He smiled and suddenly shot up causing me to yelp again.

 

“Yah!! Why you-”

 

“YANG YOSEOB OFFICIALLY HAS A PARTNER NOW WOOHOO!! PLEASE, STOP CHASING ME NOW!! GOMAWOYO!!”.He shouted to the class. He then turned around and shot me a boyish smile. I blushed for some reason.

 

“Yah!! Shut up!!” I whisper yelled.

 

“Hehe, mian. I’m just excited and glad. Last time we has a project similar to this, we could choose same gender friends so Junhyung protected me but…” I laughed a little.

 

“Why are they after you in the first place?” I wondered.

 

“You haven’t heard?”

 

“Heard what?”

 

“Haha, I like you a lot already,” he said and in return, I blushed majorly. Then Mrs. Kang, our teacher, came around with two hats. I pulled from one and Yoseob pulled from the other. He pulled girl and I pulled a sad song about a song.

 

“I guess you’re our duo’s main singer Ms. Lee Jieun,” he said with a growing smile.

 

“Where the hell are we going to find a sad song that’s about a song?”

 

“Hmm, maybe in love songs. Or sad songs? Umm I don’t really know, aha,” he replied.

 

“Why don’t we meet up sometime and do some research?” I said as G.NA and Doojoon came up to us.

 

“Hey guys! Do you know what you’re going to sing already?” G.NA asked.

 

“Uhh no not yet. You?”

 

“Our theme is about letting the person you love go for their sake. And G.NA’s the main so we’re singing, well I’m rapping, to I’ll Back Off So You Can Live. (G.NA ft. Junhyung)”

 

“Heol that was easy for you guys…”

 

“What’s your theme? Oh and main?” G.NA asked.

 

“A sad song about a song…” Yoseob replied.

 

“And I’m the main…” I said.

 

“Mmm how about- no… that won’t work… umm what about- no that isn’t it either…” Doojoon and G.NA both tried to help us but nothing popped up. Then, Jiyeon and Seungho came up to us.

 

“Dude!! Ours was so easy,” Jiyeon said. “We’re both the main and our song has to be about strong love for each other,” she gave a sweet sigh. “Which we already have. And we’ll be singing I Believe in Love (IU ft. Seungho).” Then, the other Jieun and Yongguk came up to us.

 

“We found a song!! Going Crazy (Song Jieun ft. Bang Yongguk) is what it’s called. It’s about a girl suffering from an overbearing lover. More like a stalker I guess.” Jieun said.

 

“Great, just about everyone has an easy one besides us!!” I said frustrated. Next, Eunji and Hoya came telling us about singing Love Day (Yoseob and Eunji). After that a couple more pairs came up to us. Hyunseung and Hyuna were singing Troublemaker (Hyuna and Hyunseung). Then Hara and Junhyung showed up.

 

“Dude!!! Ughh I can’t think of anything!!” Junhyung complained.

 

“I’m the main and our theme is about a love that is not really approved of and one of them is ready to leave due to that,” Hara explained.


“Heol, ours is hard too,” I said while pouting. Oh! The bells about to ring already. Yoseob!” I called for him since he was busy talking to Doojoon, Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Kikwang. Once he came over we talked about what our plan was. And with that the bell rang and we agreed to meet up tomorrow on Saturday at a cafe called ‘Like Caffeine’.