Unsaid Words

The World Above the Clouds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   2 years later      It was a big day. This day marked a new phase in many people’s lives. From this point on, many would graduate from school and step forth into society. With such worries for the future aside, however, smiles and laughter remained on the faces of many. Lee Jieun was not an exception.      “Congratulations! You’re finally free!” Lu Han greeted, handing his lover a bundle of flowers. “No need to worry about school anymore, huh?”      Jieun smiled and inhaled the scent of roses and lilacs. “Thank you, but I think we both know freedom isn’t quite true.”      He grinned. “Well, at least you can now work with me,” he said, linking his arm with hers. “I can’t wait. I’ve dreamed of this for so long, you know. I’ll be able to see your face every day, even during working hours!” Intertwining his fingers with Jieun’s, Lu Han said, “Don’t you think it’ll be romantic? The vice president and the corporate lawyer of Xiao Lu Investments, dating! Personally, I’m very excited for the gossip and rumors that’ll go around.”      With a frown, Jieun lightly hit the other on the shoulder. “Don’t be such a child. I have no intentions whatsoever to neglect my duties to enjoy a secret date with you.”      “Here it is again,” he responded, playfully rolling his eyes. “Miss I’m-So-Serious-About-Everything-In-Life-And-Can’t-Take-A-Joke.” Then, suddenly, he came to a halt. He looked around, and upon seeing that they were surrounded by at least a hundred Seoul University graduates, Lu Han grinned.      “Excuse you, but I can take a joke. It’s just that your jokes are—what are you doing?!”      Jieun was nonchalantly responding to the sassy remark when she nearly jumped in surprise. Holding her hand, Lu Han had knelt to the ground with one knee and looking up expectantly at her. “Lee Jieun,” he said in a loud voice, sparking up attention. “It’s amazing how your every word and your every action make my heart flutter. You have me completely wrapped around your fingers, but you know what? I love it. I love being with you, talking with you, holding hands with you, hugging you, and damn, I love the fact that we’re breathing the same air.” He then rummaged through his pants pocket to pull out a small box—and inside of it was a small ring. “I don’t know how you did it, but I can’t get enough of your magic. So can you keep your spell on me for the remainder of my life? Next to me?”      “You’re an idiot sometimes,” she responded, shaking her head. Jieun accepted the ring. “I can’t believe you even bothered to ask.”      At the positive answer, Lu Han jumped up with a shout and pulled his lover into a tight embrace. “Thank you,” he whispered into her ear. “I love you.”      The result was unbelievable. Loud roars seemed to drown the entire school campus. Whistles, chants, and cheers from the crowds made the event even more memorable and unforgettable.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter