chapter 3 part 6

GRENADE

DOUBLE UPDATE!

 

 

*FLASHBACK*

*mr. taxi, taxi, taxi…*

 

“aish, who would call this early in the morning?…” yuri said while ruffling her hair, she glances at her desk clock.

“5:00a.m…”

yuri groggily answered the call, she didn’t bother looking at the caller ID.

“hello?”

“is this kwon yuri?” the person on the other line asked

“yes, who’s this?”

“good morning, I’m Kim Hyoyeon chief-editor of Glam Magazine, the magazine you’ll be working later…”

“oh, good morning too ms. Kim” as yuri heard that the person she’s talking with is the chief-editor, she’s finally fully awake.

“I got your number from your brother; I call to tell you that the fashion event will be held near N Seoul Tower, I’ll meet you there at 4:00p.m”

“ok, ms. Kim, I’ll be there before 4p.m”

“ok, see you there…” her boss ended the call

“glad the event will be this afternoon, I still need to arrange the things I need to bring later, and also I need to call yoona…” she look again at her clock.

“it’s still early, maybe yoona is still sleeping, I’ll call her later…” then she lie down again, she toss and turn. She’s trying to sleep again but failed.

“aish, maybe I should call yoona now…hehe”

yuri dialed yoona’s number, after she heard three rings, yoona finally answer her call.

“hello?” yoona sounded like she’s irritated, because she’s been awoken by a phone call, yuri finds yoona’s voice funny, because not only it sounded irritated but also a bit husky.

so this is what yoona’s voice sounded like when she just woke up’  Yuri chuckled lightly at her thought, she didn’t know that yoona heard her.

“ehem” yoona cleared and ask again

“hello? Who’s this?”

“good morning yoong”

“yul?”

“yup…hehe”

“good morning too…why did you call? It’s just5:30 a.m, it’s still too early…”

“sorry for waking you up yoong, but the chief-editor of Glam Magazine, called awhile ago, she said the place place and the time of the event will start, I’ll pick you up there on your apartment at 2p.m, be sure that your ready before I arrive…”

“ok yul, got it…is that all you want to say?”

“yes yoong”

“ok yul, I’ll go back to sleep again, see you later bye…”

“bye yoona, I hope you dream of me…hehe”

yuri didn’t give yoona a chance to reply and ended up the call immediately.

Yuri stretched out her body and went to the bathroom to start her morning routine.

After she ate her breakfast, she prepares the things she’ll bring later and put it all in her camera bag.

“I hope everything will go smoothly later…”

Done packing her things she headed to her living room, sat on her sofa, she yawns and she looks at the clock.

“10a.m”

“I think I’ll take a short nap, I need to have lots of energy later…” she closes her eyes and then she fell asleep.

 

Yoona looks at her watch

“it’s1:30, and yuri hasn’t call yet, maybe I should call her now…”

 

*mr. taxi, taxi,taxi…*

 

yuri was startled when she heard her phone ring. She looks at the clock.

“aish, it’s1:30…” she answered her phone

“hello, yoong, sorry I overslept, I’ll be leaving now…”

“ok, yul, take care..”

they both hang up, yuri picks her stuff and went straight outside her house and ride her

BMW X5  and sped fast to yoona’s apartment.

She rang the door bell in yoona’s apartment, yoona came out with her stuff, yuri helped her and put it in the back seat, both ride the car and yuri speed off for the event.

“yul, do you know who is the designer hosting the fashion show?” yoona asked while looking at the car window

“I don’t know yoong, we’ll probably meet him or her later…”

yoona fell asleep inside yuri’s car while they we’re on the way to the event

 

“yoong, we’re here now…” yuri shakes yoona’s arm to wake her up.

“mhmm.” Yoona stratch her arms and rub her eyes, she’s trying to adjust her vision

“wow” was the only thing yoona said after she saw the place outside yuri’s car

The outside looks like there’ll beHollywoodstars attending the said fashion event, and they are a lot of people waiting outside.

Yoona looks at yuri then said

“thanks for waking me up, yuri…”

“your welcome yoona, let’s get our things, and go inside, I hope ms. Kim is already there, because we’re one hour early from her call time…”

yoona nodded, both of them get out of the car, yuri opens the door from the backseat and grab there things.

“here’s your stuff yoong…”

“thanks, yul…”

yuri then locks her car, she reaches for yoona’s hand and they walk together to the event, yoona was a little startled with yuri’s action, but she just shrugged it off, since it’s natural for best friends to hold hands, but she can’t stop her face from blushing, since she still likes yuri.

Yuri and yoona are oblivious that the car parked next to yuri’s car, inside it was Jessica, she saw the part were yuri held yoona’s hand.

“ why is yuri here? And why am I feeling this way? I can’t have this feeling for yuri” jessica’s grip got tighter on the steering wheel of her car.

“I just really can’t”

 

“whoa yoong this place looks amazing, we need to find the perfect spot where to take pictures” yuri said with amazement

“yeah, yuri, uhm.. I think we need to go find our boss first…”

yuri scratches the back of head as she said

“I totally forgot about that…hehe, ok, let’s go find our boss now” yuri pulls yoona and starts to find there boss

they pass by the chairs surrounding the runway, the chairs have names at the back. Yuri saw the name of the person her and yoona is looking for.

“KIM HYOYEON”

yuri read the name out loud, she the averted her stare to the left side, there she saw a petite girl walking close to the chair with a name ‘KIM HYOYEON’

before the girl sits yuri walks in front of her.

“Excuse me, are you ms. Kim hyoyeon?”

“Yes, that’s me, may I help you with something, miss?”

“hi ms. Kim” both yuri and yoona bowed

“I’m kwon yuri, kwon changmin’s sister, I’m here to work as the photographer and she’s Im Yoona, she’s with me also working for you as a photographer”

“Good, you two are early,”

“Ms. Kim, what’s our assignment?”

“yuri and yoona, I want you both to find the perfect place to take pictures of the models walking on the runway, after that please set up the things you might be needing”

both yuri and yoona nodded

“but for now, you both come with me, I want you to meet one of the designer participating in this event”

yuri and yoona followed there boss, with yuri’s hand still holding the hand of yoona.

“yuri, may I ask you something?” yoona said to yuri while trying to keep her pace with yuri

yuri seems like she didn’t hear yoona, but when they arrive to the room where the designers stay, yuri looks at yoona

“sure yoong, what is it?”

“hmmm, why do you always hold my hand?”

yuri looks at her hand on top of yoona’s hand, then she looks at yoona, smiling.

“you might get lost yoong, and I don’t want that to happen, soooyung and your parents might kill me, if that happens..” yuri chuckles

“but yul, I’m not a kid anymore, and I’m sure if ever I get lost, I can still find the right way back”

yuri then talks with a serious tone and looks at yoona’s eyes

“yoona, still I don’t want you to get lost, so just let me hold your hand and stay by my side, best friend” yuri then smiled at yoona, while yoona looks at the floor hiding her blush, suddenly the ‘best friend part’ rings to her mind, that made her feel something heavy in her heart, she frown a bit and when she looks at yuri she tries to fake a smile, but the latter luckily didn’t notice it

“ok yul,”

though yoona is smiling, she can’t help but to feel hurt ‘ I still like you yuri, and the actions your showing me, won’t help me forget my feelings for you, I just keep falling for you more, ‘ yoona thought

“excuse me girls” there boss got there attention

“this is ms. Jessica jung, one of the young and now successful designer and also one of the host of this event, she just successfully launch her line of clothing a few weeks ago”

“ms. Jung, this is kwon yuri and im yoona, there’ll be the photographer of glam magazine for this event, the photo’s they will capture later will be feature for the magazine issue next month, and also we’ll feature you in our magazine including some of your designs”

Jessica, is not quite listening to what the editor-in-chief is telling to her, because she saw yuri again, but then she needs to compose herself and act professional.

Yoona, looks at yuri, yuri is not moving and just staring at Jessica.

“nice to meet you, yuri and yoona” Jessica bows at the two, and yoona did the same, but yuri is still not moving and just staring at Jessica.

Yuri was too shock when she saw Jessica again, her grip to yoona’s hand loosens until she let go of yoona’s hand, yoona was quite surprise when yuri let go of her hand

“before the event starts, we’ll be having an interview for ms. Jung, it will be shown for our next issue”

“ms. Kim who will be the interviewer?”” yoona asked her boss

“she’s here now, please come here”

the interviewer approaches them, but yoona seems like she recognize her

“seohyun?” yoona said  quite surprise

the said girl looks at yoona she too looks surprise.

“yoona?”

“hi!” they said in unison, yuri brokes her stare at Jessica and gave yoona a you-know-her look

yoona also gave yuri a I’ll-tell-you-later look and nodded.

“that’s nice, you knew each other, that’s a good start since you’ll be working together a lot” there boss said

“ms. Jung shall we start the interview now, yuri you’ll be in charge of taking phto’s during her interview and yoona please start looking for a perfect place to take photo’s later, yuri will be with you in a few.”

“yes ms. Kim, see you later seohyun and yuri” yoona bowed and went outside the room

the interview with Jessica starts and yuri also starts taking photos while Jessica answered questions from seohyun, yuri focuses her camera to Jessica for a close-up photo and there she saw again the smile she’s been missing so much, and luckily she captured it, ‘I’ll keep this, it’s been so long since I saw her smile’ she thought

==================================================================

“and that’s a wrap, thank you ms. Jessica for trusting us and giving us the chance to have this interview with you” seohyun said finishing her interview with Jessica

“ your welcome, now will you excuse me, I still need to double-check some things for this event” Jessica bowed at the three and they also did the same

“yuri please go to yoona now”

“ok, ms. Kim, nice meeting you again seohyun” yuri bowed and went out to look for yoona

“yoona!” yuri saw yoona now setting up there equipments

“yu, come here!” yoona waved at yuri

“nice, yoona I think you found a perfect place…” yuri pats yoona’s head

“thanks, but I’m having a little trouble  setting up my camera, can you help me?”

“sure yoong, give me you camera”

as yuri sets up yoona’s camera, they were also joking and playing, sometime yoona will playfully slap yuri’s arm, when yuri is about to recive another slap in her arm, she caught yoona’s hand.

“yoong, stop now, I think I’ll have a hard time capturing photos later if you slap my arm again, if you stop, I promise to stop joking and playing around, by the way yoong, you haven’t tell me why you know seohyun” yuri said to yoona holding yoona’s hand

yuri really mean what she said before that she doesn’t want to loose yoona, and also it’s becoming a habit for her holding the hand of yoona, yoona is her best friend and also one of the person important to her, and she’s finding no big deal doing it, she’ll even hold sooyoung’s hand.

“haha, ok yul, I’ll top now, thanks for helping me set up my camera, well seohyun was my neighbor back in incheon, we used to play when we were young, I’m happy we saw each other again and also we will be working together”

“I’m glad you meet her again, hehe…I think the event will start in a few minutes, let’s get ready”

================================================================

on the far side of the runway Jessica was standing there and watching yuri and yoona, ‘ I think it will be more great if they end up together, I hope yoona will help yuri to forget everything about me ‘ Jessica thought

=================================================================

“yul, look over there” yoona points to a male model standing on the runway

“hmmm, he looks good, why? You know him? Do you like him?” yuri said while smirking at yoona

“silly yul, yup I know him, he’s a famous model, lee minho is his name, I think he’ll be modeling ms. Jessica’s design and no I don’t like him, I like someone else…” yoona said, then she mentally slaps her face for saying that she likes someone else, now she needs to think of an alibi or something to tell to yuri.

Yuri looks at yoona quite surprise when she heard that yoona likes someone.

Yuri raised one of her eyebrow and looks at yoona,

“how come I don’t know that you like someone, does sooyoung knows who you like?”

“hehe, no, no one knows whi is that person”

“will you tell me the name of the person you like?” yuri said to yoona with pleading eyes

“hmmm, maybe I’ll teall you when the right time comes” yoona smiled sheepishly to yuri, but she’s starting to blush

“oh, I think I know the person you like… is it me yoona?” yuri said quite teasing yoona

but it just made yoona blushed more

“huh? N-no” yoona said stuttering and lowering her head to hide her tomato red face.

“hahaha, yoong your blushing, I’m just joking, I’m sure someday you’ll tell me the name of the person you like, that person is really lucky” yuri said while her arms is wrapped at yoona’s shoulders.

“yeah, lucky..hehe” yoona said slightly looking at yuri

“yoong, the shows about to start, come on let’s go to our place, we need to take a lot of great photos for the magazine” yuri holds yoona’s hand and went to the place they set up earlier

the event started, yoona and yuri captured every perfect angle of the models walking on the runway, as yuri takes photos of the models she accidentally focus her camera to Jessica sitting at the left side of the runway, she took a photo of Jessica, and then she notices a guy suddenly whispers to Jessica and she laughs, and looks at guy beside her, yuri notices that the guy’s hand is on top of jessica’s hand, she then changes the focus of her camera back to the models on the runway, she can’t help but to feel jealous, but she can’t let  her feelings affect her job, so she just shrugs it off. When the show ended yuri and yoona meet up and pack there things.

Yuri looks sad because of the visible frown in her face and also she’s not smiling, yoona notices it and decides to approach yuri before arranging her things.

“hey, yuri are you ok?” yoona holds the chin of yuri and lifts yuri’s face so she can see yuri’s eyes

yuri gave yoona a soft smile but yoona can stil see that yuri’s eyes is full of sadness, yuri holds the hand on yoona that is holding her chin and she answered yoona.

“I’m ok yoong, I’m just a little tired and uhm humngry, I haven’t eaten yet since we got here”

“really yul?”

yuri nods

then someone taps yoona’s back, she looks at the person who tapped her back.

“oh, seohyun”

“hey yoona, ms. Kim send me hre to tell you and yuri that you both did a good job and she wants the copies of the photos you took tomorrow, and that she’ll just call you two for your next assignment, oh by the way you need to send the photo’s to me, so I can give it to her tomorrow”

“ok, seohyun, by the way I want you to meet yuri my best friend” yoona points at yuri who is standing beside her

seohyun bows and greets yuri and yuri also did the same

“yoona and yuri I have to go now, I’ll see you two around” seohyun bowed again and left

===================================================================

“hey yoong, are you done packing your things?” yuri asked yoona while she slings her camera bag on her shoulder

“yes, yul, I’m done”

“do you need any help?” yuri said while approaching yoona

“no, I can handle this thanks” yoona smiled at yuri

“ok, let’s go yoong, I’ll give you a ride back to your apartment, but let’s eat first, I’m really hungry” yuri reaches for yoonas hand and hold it.

Yoona just nodded

When yuri is about to walk out the place, she saw Jessica, someone is giving her a bouquet of flowers, then she looks at the person who’s giving Jessica the bouquet, it was the same guy sitting next to Jessica a while ago. Yoona notices that they stopped walking and she looks at yuri, who is now looking at Jessica and a guy

‘why does yuri always act like this when she saw ms. Jessica, do they know each other?’ yoona thought, she then looks again at Jessica.

Jessica didn’t know that yoona and yuri are looking at her

Yuri is still looking at Jessica, she saw Jessica smiling at the guy ‘ is he the reason why you can’t love or even like me Jessica?’ yuri thought but soon broken by yoona’s question

“yuri, are you alright?” yuri averts her look from Jessica to yoona

“huh? Yeah, I’m alright, just hungry come on yoona let’s go and eat..” yuri pulls yoona out and went to her car.

==================================================================

“yunho oppa, thanks for attending, you the best brother ever” Jessica said while holding the flowers that came from her brother

“your welcome sica, anything for my sister…” yunho said to Jessica and gave her a wink

“hmmm, Jessica” yunho said in a serious tone

“honestly, Jessica I know that kwon yuri will be here and working as a photographer for this event, as you know I’m also one of the spies send by the kwons for yuri”

Jessica lost her smile and look at her brother.

“why didn’t you tell me oppa? That she’ll be here so I can stay away or avoided her”

Jessica looks down ‘ I made yuri sad again ‘  she thought

“look jessica, the kwons know that yuri like you and they are against it, though they like how you break her heart so they can have yuri back and start pursuing her to handle one of there business, also yuri didn’t know that her parents didn’t really like her choice of being a photographer…”

“but oppa..”

“I know sica, you like kwon yuri”

“but the kwons already gave you a warning before to stay away from her, and I know you really tried, but you always meet each other unplanned, as I see it now I think the kwons   doesn’t care if you see each other again, you’ll just have to continue acting like your rejecting her every time she tries to confess her feeling for you, and every time you did that, your breaking yuri’s heart and soon will run far away from you so she can forget everything about you, and by that they think they can have yuri back at them”

Jessica just listens to her brother

“but if you stop rejecting her and accepts her feeling for you, and the kwons find out that your together, everything you have today will be gone with a snap and also they will disown yuri…”

“ok I undertand oppa…”Jessica nodded

“the kwons doesn’t know I’m your brother, always take care sica, I’m sorry if you have to act rude or cold every time you see yuri, just think that it’s for you and yuri’s sake…”

jessica nods

“ok, oppa, you take care also, you still have to follow yuri…”

“oh, yeah bye sica…” yunho bids her didter goodbye and left

Jessica sighs, she suddenly remembers what yuri told her the last time they met ‘ I’m ready to give up anything for you ‘  a tear fell from her eyes she thought ‘  I’m also ready to give up anything for you yuri, I’m sorry for breaking you heart, I did that for your sake, because I don’t want your own family to disown and ruin your life’

===================================================================

“ I think that guy likes ms. Jessica” yoona said

yuri hearing that, she frowns a bit but she have to hide her expression from yoona, because she doesn’t want yoona to know her feelings for Jessica

they are now inside a restaurant waiting for there food.

“ you think so yoong?”

“yes” yoona nods, she observesthe expression of yuri’s face

‘ I think there really is something with yuri and ms. Jessica’  she thought

“do you think ms. Jessica likes him too?” yuri asked yoona while playing with her spoon

“I think so, the way she smile at that guy…”

yuri just nods and averts her stare to the window of the restaurant trying to find something else to distract her thoughts about Jessica and that guy.

“why yul?” yoona asked yuri, breaking the silence between them

“huh?”

“why are you asking those questions?”

“oh, that, nothing…hehe, yay! There’s our food, I’m so hungry” yuri said, hoping that yoona won’t ask again that question

yoona pouts because yuri didn’t answer her question, yuri saw her and said

“aw, yoong, it was really nothing don’t mind my questions…”

yoona nodded and decided to let her question pass, she doesn’t want to see yuri looking sad if she continues to ask that, but seeing yrui’s reaction every time she saw Jessica, she can’t help but think ‘maybe yuri likes ms. jessica’ which made her frown, and loose hope of yuri liking her also, ‘ for yuri, I’m just her best friend and nothing more´ she sighs

“yoong, why haven’t you eaten your food yet? Are you alright?”

“hehe, sorry, I’m kinds zoning out yuri…”

“hahaha, it’s ok yoong, just eat now, I want to go home early, I feel so tired…”

after that, both continue to eat there food

yuri pays the bill

“thank you yuri, you treat me again, next time i’ll be the one paying for the food”

“hehe, your welcome yoona”

“let’s go home yoong!”

“let’s go!” this time yoona is the one who holds yuri’s hand and they both went out the restaurant

both entered yuri’s car

“I feel so tired” yoona said

“you can sleep yoong, I’ll wake you up when we get to your apartment”

“ok yul..” after yoona said that she closes her eyes and easily drifts away to sleep.

“wow, yoong really is tired”

===================================================================

“yoona wake up, were here now…” yuri shakes yoona’s arm but still she didn’t move or give a sign that she’s awake

“heavy sleeper eh, what if I tickle you here…” yuri tickles yoona, now yoona moves and giggling, now she’s awake

“yoong, were here now…”

yoona looks outside, there now infront of her apartment

“thanks again yul”

yoona went out of yuri’s car and waves her hand to yuri.

===================================================================

“what’s your relationship with that guy sica?” yuri is now inside at her apartment looking at jessica’s photo’s she captured earlier at the event.

“I can only accept the fact that you like him, once you tell it to me personally…” yuri said still looking at jessica’s photos

“what will I do now? I saw you again, I said before if ever I see you again, I will give up everything just to be with you always… I was feeling great few days ago, I learned not to think about you, but now we meet again… should I really give up everything, or is this dream of mine being a photographer the reason why we always see each other?” yuri ruffles her hair she’s really confuse.

“no, I’ll just live my life the way I knew it, I won’t give up my dream, I know we will see each other again Jessica, just seeing you again, though you act cold to me, makes me happy, I guess I’ll just stay by your side even if you don’t want to, I’ll always do anything for you Jessica…”

-TBC-