GRENADE CHAPTER 3 PART 1*FLASHBACK*

GRENADE




CHAPTER 3 part 1

*flashback*

Yuri is at the park, capturing some moments that is worth putting on her portfolio. She’s one step closer on being a photographer, the profession she had dreamed ever since she was young. Accidentally she took a photo a girl with long blonde hair, sitting alone on a bench while reading a book there at the park.

The said girl registered well in her camera, she was in awe when she saw the photo on her camera. Yuri can’t help but to take another photo of her, she captured a lot of photo’s of the girl, some were the girl looks cute, specially the one when she pouts, she also captured a photo of her smiling, Yuri really likes to thank the one who called the girl who made her smile like that. 

“She looks like an angel...” said Yuri, still in a daze. 

Yuri didn’t know the girl noticed her, while Yuri is scanning the photo’s she had taken, she didn’t notice that the girl is slowly approaching her, when Yuri looked up, open, or should I say her jaw drop because of shock and also because of the girl’s beauty, almost like a goddess, still not looking away or saying anything the girl said.

“Hi, is this seat beside you taken?

Yuri gulped and then jump back again to reality.

“n-no...” Yuri said, while smiling awkwardly

“Ok…”

The girl seats beside her. On the other side Yuri is examining the features of the girl, Yuri thought ‘I didn’t notice, she had this cold aura in her, ooooh, ice princess..hehe’ Yuri unconsciously chuckles, the girl heard it, she turn her head towards Yuri.

“Why are you staring at me?”

Yuri was shock, she got caught, she then averts her stare to other places, but can’t help to be nervous again. The girl beside her smile and said.

“I’m Jessica Jung” she puts her hand in front of Yuri for a hand shake.
Yuri reaches for it, slightly shaking. 

“Kwon Yuri...”

“Nice too meet you, Yuri...”

“Nice to meet you too, Jessica...”

A moment of silence, then Jessica asks Yuri.

“What are you doing?” she said it with a smile, a sweet smile.

“Hmmm, just scanning the pictures I took a while ago, hehe..” Yuri said it slightly nervous and cold sweats are forming on her forehead, she thought‘I think she caught me taking photo’s of her, I hope not…’ but again she was zoning out, she didn’t notice that Jessica, already took the camera from her hand, Yuri, again surprise, eyes wide open.

“Hey!” Yuri tries to grab back her camera but she failed. Yuri is now blushing madly because she was now, absolutely caught.

“Wow, you took a lot of photo’s of me…all of this are great...”

Yuri scratches her head, looks down still blushing said.

“Thanks…” while trying to hide her face, her red face.

“Here you go...” Jessica hands back her camera, she stood up and look at Yuri.

“Hey, Yuri do you want to go to that ice cream shop over there? I’ll treat you with ice cream since you captured a lot of great photos of me.” Jessica hands out her hand again for Yuri; she wants Yuri to hold her hand. Yuri didn’t hesitate and hold Jessica’s hand. They were walking, while holding hands on the way to the ice cream shop. When they finally arrive, Jessica let go of her hand, Yuri frowns a bit and already misses the warmth of Jessica’s hand.

“Hey, Yuri what flavor do you want?

“Espresso, I like espresso please...”

“Espresso? Hehe okay… excuse me, I would like to order, 1 espresso and 1 caramel…”

“Here you go Yuri...” 

“Thank you, sica...”

“sica?”

“Oh, I mean Jessica...”

“It’s okay, you can call me sica...” Jessica said having that smile, that caught Yuri’s attention before.

“Hmmm, okay.” Yuri smiled shyly and looked down. She’s blushing again.

“Yuri, let’s sit there...”

They found a place to sit for a while, while eating there ice cream, Yuri finished her ice cream first, she hold her camera and took another photo of Jessica.

“You think I won’t notice you taking photo’s of me?” Jessica said showing again her sweet smile.

“Oh, sorry...” 

“I can’t help it...” Yuri said like she’s whispering.

“What did you say Yuri?”

“n-nothing..Hehe”

“Silly, Yuri. It’s okay...”

“What are you going to do with those photos anyway?”

“I’ll be using it for my final portfolio, I’ll be graduating soon, and I hope I’ll become a photographer...”

“Really, good luck Yuri” again Jessica show her smile to Yuri, it’s now Yuri’s favorite smile.

“Thanks..” blushing again.

“Hmmm, sica”

“Yes?”

“Would you like to have copies of your photos?”

“No, Yuri you can keep it...”

“Huh? Really?”

“Yes, but if we accidentally meet again, I’ll take a copy of my photo, so be sure you always bring one of it, because, you’ll never know when are we going to meet again…”

“Okay. If that’s what you want”. Yuri looks at her watch, it’s getting late and she still needs to finish her portfolio.

“sica, I need to go now, nice meeting you again, bye..”

“Okay Yuri, nice meeting you too again, bye...”

Yuri hurries and goes back to her apartment. She’s picking photo’s she’ll be putting on her portfolio, stumbling to some photo’s of Jessica, she then thought of putting some of it there, and she did..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of passing the portfolio finally came, she gave her portfolio to her professor and hopes she’ll pass, she’ll know the result of it tomorrow.

Now, outside of her classroom, she spotted the same blonde girl,

“Jessica?” Yuri said as Jessica is approaching her.

“Hi Yuri”

“Hi, sica, what are you doing here?”

“Oh, my uncle is a professor here and he teaches photography, say are you one of his students?”

“Yeah” 

‘What a coincidence’ Yuri thought

“Is he still inside the room?” Jessica asked while pointing at the classroom of Yuri

“Yeah, he’s still inside, sica, hmmm about the copy of your photo, I didn’t bring one, this was totally unexpected.” Jessica chuckles when Yuri said that to her.

“Don’t worry, Yuri, I’ll be seeing your portfolio anyway, remember my uncle is your professor...” another awkward moment for Yuri

“Ah, hehe, yeah, I forgot about that..” Yuri shyly scratches her head.

“Okay Yuri, I need to go to my uncle now, bye!” Jessica waves her hand and as she went inside her uncle’s classroom.

“Oh, okay, bye sica..”

Yuri mumbles to herself.

“Wow that was totally unexpected.” And then she blushes again.

“Oh no!, she’ll see the photo’s I picked that I put in my portfolio, I hope my professor won’t give me a failing grade, I honestly didn’t know that Jessica was his niece..”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yuri went to the University for the Result of her final portfolio.
She was nervous, while walking to her classroom, she didn’t notice that Jessica is standing outside there classroom.

“Ms. Kwon Yuri, your a little early...” her professor said.

“Oh, am I? I should go back later...”

“No, Ms. Kwon, I can give you now the result of your final portfolio…”

Yuri gulped then walks again towards her professor.

“Congratulations Ms. Kwon, you pass, I’ll see you in graduation.” Her professor gives her a smile and pats her back.

“Really? Wow!, yay!” Yuri was so happy she’s now going to be a photographer, her dream has finally come true, she’s skipping happily through the door, outside someone caught her wrist, she look on whose hand was that, the touch seems familiar but she still needs to be sure.

“Congratulations, Yuri...”

As Yuri heard the sweet voice, she then look at the owner of the hand whose holding her wrist, its non other than Jessica, surprising her, and also giving Yuri’s favorite smile.

“Oh, Jessica you surprised me, thank you…since when you are standing there?”

“Since you came here Yuri, you didn’t notice me…”

“Oh, hehe, sorry, I was really nervous, I didn’t notice you were there..hehe..”

“So…”

“So?”

“hmmmm…”

“KWON YURI! LET’S CELEBRATE!!”

“haha, ok sica, where do you want to go?”

“hmmm, I want to go to a beach..”

“oh, I know just the place!. Let’s go sica” Yuri grabs Jessica’s hand.

“ok!” Jessica said while she look at her hand that Yuri’s holding. She was shocked but just let it slip, since its ok for her that Yuri holds her hand.

Before they go to the beach, they headed first to a convenient store to buy some foods, after that they went to the beach.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ok, sica here we are, at my favorite beach.”

“Wow…” Jessica said, while appreciating the beautiful view she’s seeing.

“hehe, yeah, wow..” Yuri grabs the food they bought with her left hand and with her right hand she grabs Jessica’s hand again, Yuri obviously know that she’s doing that, but Jessica just let’s Yuri hold her hand, because she sees no problem with that action.

Yuri place the food the bought in the sand and prepares the large blanket, spreading it to the sand so that Jessica and her can sit on it.

“I’m glad I always had this blanket...” Yuri said.

“Alright its all set, come on sica..sit here,..”

They were sitting side by side, its almost sunset.

“Yuri, this place is beautiful, how did you know this place? I haven’t been here...”

“Oh, I found this place while I was searching for a perfect place to capture the rising of the sun and also like what’s happening right now” Yuri points her hand to the setting sun.

“The sunset here, is the most perfect sunset, I’ve seen in my entire life.”

Jessica looks at the setting sun.

“Yes, your right” Jessica smiles at Yuri.

“And because of that this beach became my favorite place to go, I always go here when I have a problem or just to relax.”


“oh, really,hmmm Yuri..”

“Yes, sica?”


“Have you always dreamed of being a photographer?, Yuri”

“yes, sica, I’ve dreamed about it since I was young, actually my parents won’t approve about my decision of pursuing my studies of being a photographer, they want me to take up a business course instead, because in the future I’ll be handling our company, but now, I’m happy cause they have accepted my decision, besides my big brother had agreed and studied business, now he’s the one in charge of our company.”

“oh, I’m glad your parents accepted your decision, now your graduating, and finally you’ve accomplish your goal , to be a photographer..”

“hehe, thanks sica, how bout you? What do you do? I mean what’s your dream? And have you accomplished it now? Or is still on the way of accomplishing it?”

“me, oh, I’ve accomplished it.., I’m a designer now, fashion designer to be exact. Next week will be the launch of my line here in Seoul” Jessica said.

“Wow! Really! Nice, I can’t wait to see your works”

“Yeah, if you want to see it, you can come, oh also there’s a fashion show for that, I can hire you as the photographer.” 

“I’m glad to work as a photographer for you.” Yuri said excitedly with a smile on her face

“Really, thanks Yuri” Jessica smile at her.

That smile left Yuri in awe again, the light from the setting sun makes Jessica glow. Yuri’s heart beat fasten it pace, when she sees Jessica smile like that. Yuri remembering there first encounter, a week ago. She honestly felt something for Jessica the first time she met her, she’s just not sure what is it yet, but now seeing the view, she’s seeing now, that smile from Jessica, a while ago she taught that the sunset in this beach is the most perfect scene she had seen, but now, seeing Jessica smile, she then now thought that its more perfect than the sunset behind her, and also she finally realize what she felt for Jessica. She’s falling for Jessica, deeply falling for her. After realizing that, Yuri unconsciously blurted out. 

“I love you…”

Jessica was looking at her when she said that, Jessica’s smile then fades away.

“What did you say yu—“

Before Jessica finished her sentence, she was shock on what Yuri did next.

Yuri quickly kissed her. Her heart beat was beating so fast, but she don’t know why Yuri said that and why Yuri kiss her. Jessica looked at Yuri, she sees Yuri is blushing and smiling. Yuri then looks at her.

“I love you Jessica…”

Jessica is really surprise hearing those words again.

Jessica then stands up, and walking away.

Yuri successfully grabs Jessica’s hand and spun her, to face her.

“Jessica wait…”

“I’m sorry Yuri,..”

“huh? Why?”

Yuri was close to crying she just hold it back, she wants to hear what will be Jessica’s explanation.

“I’m sorry Yuri, I don’t like you, like the way you like me…I didn’t know you’ll feel that way for me…we shouldn’t have seen each other again…”

Yuri slowly letting go of Jessica’s hand, her heart is breaking and she can’t move. Finally letting go of Jessica’s hand.

Jessica moves away, saying.

“I’m really sorry, Yuri…”

Then Jessica runs away.

Yuri still standing there, her tears slowly falling down.

“Jessica...” she whispers to herself.

Yuri then now moves and tries to catch Jessica, but Jessica had already rode a taxi and is now moving away.

Jessica left Yuri on the beach heartbroken.

Yuri, feels like everything is crashing down. But she won’t give up, this is the first time she loves someone, and she’s not letting it go this easy. 

Yuri had set her mind she really won’t give up on Jessica, no matter what happens.


-TBC-

 

 

FOR THE FOLLOWING UPDATES IT WILL ALL BE FLASHBACKS, IT WILL HAVE 9 PARTS, I'M SORRY IN ADVANCE IF IT WILL BE THAT LONG...AND THANKS FOR READING AND ALSO FOR THE COMMENTS..

:)