CHAPTER 3 PART 5

GRENADE

 

*flashback*

 

“yuri?”

yuri look at the direction where the voice came from, she squinted her eyes because of the sunlight that give the stranger who called her with such glow. That she even thought there’s an angel sent for her, maybe god had seen her so lonely, and decided to send an angel for her.

“yuri?” the source of the voice is more near now, but still yuri doesn’t recognize the person calling her.

“yuri…” the stranger said her name again for the third time, now the stranger is shaking her arms, trying to take herself back to earth.

Yuri looking at the stranger, now standing in front of her, she suddenly blurted out.

“am I in heaven now?”

“are you an angel?”

the stranger chuckled, and then snaps her finger in front of yuri.

“no yuri, I’m not an angel, it’s me yoona, yoong”

yuri is still looking at her and hasn’t come back to reality, she’s just staring at yoona, then, yoona holds up her left hand ready to slap yuri’s left cheek to wake her up, but yuri successfully stops her hand before it lands on her cheeks.

“yoona”

“hahaha, finally yul, your back from your day-dreaming, may I sit beside you?”

“hehe, sorry yoong…”

She looks at yoona, but yoona with her one eyebrow up, looks at Yuri.

“huh? Did you say something yoong?..”

“ehem..” yoona clears out and points at the empty spot of the bench where yuri is seating.

“oh, yeah, yes you may sit beside me…” yuri mentally slaps her face because of what’s happening to her, she’s been zoning out.

“ok…”

“what are you dong here, yuri?..”

“just enjoying the weather” yuri answered and look at yoona with a smile.

“how about you yoona, what are you doing here?”

“same as you, I’m enjoying the weather, but I heard earlier in the news that it will rain later…”

“really?” yuri said and look at the sky, the sun is shining bright, there’s no way it will rain today, then she look at yoona.

“maybe the weather man is wrong, the sun is shining so bright like there’s no tomorrow, I don’t think it will rain today”

“ok, yul, if that’s what you think”

“yuri”

“yoona”

Both of them speak at the same time.

“hehe, you first yuri”

“hehe, ok, I want to show you a photo I captured a while ago…”

“ok, let me see”

“here yoong look, that girl at the other end of the fountain looks familiar, I think I saw her before”

yoona gave yuri a questionable look and then she burst out laughing.

“yah! what’s so funny yoong?” yuri look at yoona raising her eyebrows, she just don’t get it why yoona laughed.

Yoona then stop laughing, she wiped the tears that fell from her eyes because of laughing.

“kwon yuri, I also want to show you something, she looks familiar and I think I’ve met her before” yoona said and pass her camera to yuri, yuri still looks confuse on why yoona laughed earlier, then she look at yoona’s camera, she saw herself holding her camera and like what she did earlier. Yuri then look at yoona, she smile and also did yoona, both of them knew what the other is thinking, they really are best friends.

“so it’s you!” both said it quite loud pointing to one another and then the burst out laughing,

they are now oblivious of there surroundings, after a few minutes, yuri felt a drop of water on her forehead, she wipes it and another water drop on her hand, she looks up, it’s strange awhile ago it’s really sunny and now the sun is gone, replaced by dark gray clouds, and she thought the weather man’s prediction of raining today is right. She look at yoona and again, it looks like they can read each others mind, both of them stand up, yuri hold yoona’s hand, both of them run to the café near the park. They got there safely and both exchange smiles, the rain now is pouring hard, both of them are glad they made it inside the café, if they didn’t got there on time maybe both of them are soaking wet. Yuri still holding yoona’s hand, she found a place where thay can seat, she pulls yoona there and both of them seat.

“yoong, you want to order something? It’ll be my treat” yuri said as she flashed her smile to yoona.

“really, your treat?”

yuri just nods, and smile at yoona.

“hehe, ok, I want a cookie and cappuccino”

“ok yoong, I’ll just go to the counter to order, it’s that all you what?”

yoona nods

“I’ll be back in a minute”

while yuri is ordering there food, yoona look at the hands that yuri hold awhile ago, then she smiles, both yuri and sooyoung didn’t know that she really admired yuri, even before they became best friends, but she just keep her feeling for yuri, because she knows if she confess her feeling to yuri, it might ruined there friendship, she decided that it will be more great if they just stay as friends.

Yuri, done ordering there food, she’s walking back to there place while holding the tray with there order, she look at yoona and smile.

“here’s your order miss, one cup of cappuccino and two pieces of our most delicious chocolate chip cookies” yuri place yoona’s food at the table then she said.

“enjoy eating your order miss, just call me if you need something…”

yoona, smiled and then laughed at yuri’s actions.

“yuri, just sit…hehe you look silly..” yoona said, still laughing.

Yuri then pouts and followed what yoona told her.

“thanks for the threat, best friend” yoona gave yuri a smile.

“your welcome yoong” yuri said and also smile at yoona.

“so we took each others photo accidentally…hehe”

“yeah, and yul your face earlier when asking if I’m an angel, is hilarious, I wish I could have also captured that…”

“haha, I’m glad you didn’t took a photo of that, because if you did,. I won’t be treating you food now…” yuri smirk at yoona

yoona replace her smile with a pout and then continue eating her cookies.

“you look cute yoong when you do that…” yuri lightly pinched yoonas cheeks, and yoona in return blushed.

“yoong your blushing, hahaha, aigoo your so cute…” that comment from yuri made yoona blushed more.

“hmmm, food, since were eating, I remember sooyoung, I think I should call her…”

yoona just nods and still blushing.

Yuri grab her phone from her pocket, when she’s about to dial sooyoung’s number, her phone suddenly rings, she reads the name of the caller.

“oppa, it’s changmin oppa..”

“hello, oppa?” yuri smiled and look at yoona, she’s hoping that yoona also got the job, she wants to work with her best friend.

“hey yul, I got good news for you, hyoyeon, I mean miss Kim Hyoyeon agreed to hire yoona as a photographer for tomorrows event.”

“wow, that’s great oppa, please tell miss kim that I said thanks…”

“ok, I’ll pass that to her, and yul you will meet her tomorrow at the event”

“ok oppa. Thank you again, I need to hang up now, I have to say this news to her…”

“alright, now don’t think of playing pranks…tell yoona straight the good news, you prankster yul…haha”

“aww, you got me again oppa, I don’t’ know, I want to have some fun oppa, hehe, bye oppa, take care…”

“fine, just don’t make her cry, alright, bye take care also…” yuri ended her call to her brother and then turn back to yoona.

“yoona, I have something to tell you…” yuri looked at yoona changing from a happy expression to a sad one.

Yoona, swallow slowly the cookies she’s eating and look at yuri with her sad doe-eyes, she thought.

‘yuri, you know two can play this game… I know what your planning, I just have to play along…’ yoona mentally smirk.

“w-what is it yuri?..”

yuri hold her right hand and look staright into her eyes, her heart beat begins to beat abnormally, her hand begins to sweat, she didn’t notice that the proximity of yuri’s face to her is close to an inch… now she feels nervous and a little scared.

maybe yuri is not playing prank on me, maybe she’s really going to tell me something important…’ yoona thought

yoona is close to crying and then yuri suddenly burst into laughing, she quickly averts her stare somewhere, she can’t believe that yuri is indeed making fun of her, and also she tries to hide her red face fro yuri, but she knows yuri can still see it, then she looks bact at yuri, giving yuri a glare but still yuri is laughing so hard, to the point that she’s almost crying.

“ehem! yah! kwon yuri!” yoona is really tomato red because of yuri.

“hahahaha!, aigoo, I wish you can see your face earlier, you look so scared!…hahaha!…you almost cry…hahaha!”

“your so mean yuri…” yoona is getting ready to leave, yuri is still laughing but now wiping her tears, yuri quickly grabs yoona’s hand.

“yoong, I’m sorry, if I play a prank on you. Please sit again, I really want to tell you something…” yoona looks at yuri, and get back to her sit, now she’s sulking like a kid. Yuri is done laughing and just smiling at her.

“yoona, we need to celebrate…”

“huh?, why?”

“because you got the job!”

“really? Your not playing pranks again, right?…” yoona raised one of her eyebrow and look at yuri.

“no, I’m serious yoong, we’ll be working together tomorrow…”

“yay!” yoona said while smiling and clapping her hands.

“I finally have a job, thank you very much yul, and also to changmin oppa”

“you’re very welcome yoong…” yuri look at the cheerful yoona and smiled at her.

“thank you too, yoona…”

“for what yul?, I should e the one thanking you…”

“hehe, thanks because, I haven’t’ smiled and laughed like this for a very long time…” yuri flash her smile to yoona.

Yoona, in return smiled back to yuri, deep inside she is flattered because she made yuri happy.

“where do you want to celebrate?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t think of a place to celebrate it…”

“oh, I know, how about celebrating it on my apartment, let’s buy food, I will call sooyoung too, and lets watch a movie or just hangout…”

“that’s a good idea yuri, and since tomorrow is the start of our first job, it’s much better to just chill out, so we won’t be tired…”

“alright, looks like your done eating now, let’s go, wait I think I should call soo first…”

“hello? Choi!”

“hey kwon”

“meet you in front of my apartment later, I’m with yoona right now, and were on the way back to my apartment…”

“why yul? Is there an occasion?”

“yeah! Yoong and I are together now!..”

yoona heard yuri, it made her eyes grew wide because of shock.

“what?!? You and yoona?! Together, as in TOGETHER?!?, omo, when, how, omo…”

yuri then again pull a prank this time not just with sooyoung but also with yoona, it’s the second time this day yoona received a prank from yuri, yoona is blushing again…

“hahaha!, soo I’m just playing, now move and go now to my apartment, we’ll meet you there later…”

“aish!, you tricked me kwon, I’ll get you later!”

“haha, I like to see you try, bye choi, see you later…” yuri ended her call to sooyoung and look again at yoona.

“your blushing again yoong, hahaha!” she holds yoona’s hand and walk out at the café, the rain finally stopped. The made there way to yuri’s car, both of them went inside.

“aren’t we going to buy food?”

“nah, let’s just order pizza later or anything you and sooyoung want to eat…” yuri starts her car and make her way back to her apartment.

 

She saw sooyoung’s car outside her apartment.

“choi’s there now, I wonder what she’ll do to me, because I played a prank on her earlier…”

“I think you just need to get ready yul…”

“haha, oh, I’m scared…”

yuri parks her car in front of sooyoung’s car and both yuri and yoona went out of her car to meet sooyoung waiting in her door step, sooyoung looks like she’s deep in thoughts, maybe formulating a prank she’ll use to get back at yuri.

“hey choi!” yuri shouted and approached sooyoung with yoona tailing at her back.

“yah! kwon yuri!”

“woah, easy choi, I will not play a prank on you anymore, I’ll treat you and yoona something, come on let’s go inside my apartment now, so I can order our food…”

yuri went inside first, both sooyoung and yoona are standing outside the door, yoona whispered something to sooyoung.

“soo, just let yuri play a prank on us, it’s the first time in a very long time I saw her laughing and smiling again…”

“alright yoong” sooyoung nodded

yuri notice sooyoung and yoona haven’t enter her apartment yet, she went back to the front door and saw yoona whispering something to sooyoung she raised her eyebrow and clears .

“ehem!”

“why haven’t you two entered yet? Ypur planning on getting back on me, are you?” yoona and sooyoung stood nervously and hurries to go inside yuri’s apartment and sat down on the sofa, sooyoung then said.

“hehe, kwon were not planning something…”

yoona just nodded and look at yuri

“fine, so what do you guys want to order? Do you want Italian? American? Japanese? Korean? Or Chinese food?..”

“how about one on everything you said yuri?” sooyoung ask yuri with a grin on her face.

“hehe, your joking again soo…” yuri looks at yoona, she decided to ask yoona instead on what she will order.

“what do you think I should order yoong?”

“hmmm, Italian or American will be nice, oh yuri I want to eat pizza today, the one with lots of cheese…”

“ok yoong, how about you soo? Do you agree on what yoong wants to order?…”

“yeah yeah, sure, it’s still food…” sooyoung said, now browsing on some of yuri’s photo album…

then yuri went to the kitchen to make a phone call, for there orders…

as sooyoung is scanning through yuri’s photo album, she also found a copy of yuri’s portfolio, the one she passed for there finals.

“oh, I always wanted to see this, luckily I found a copy, hey yoong, you wanna see yuri’s final portfolio?…” sooyoung asked yoona, yoona place the other phto album on her right side, she moves more closer to sooyoung so she can see what yuri captured for there final portfolio, as they open it, they were in awe by some photo yuri captured, when they are near at the end, they saw a photo of a girl with blonde hair, the girl in the photo is smiling while talking with someone on her phone, sooyoung look at yoona, and yoona also look at sooyoung.

“isn’t she the girl we saw at the auditorium? Standing next to our professor…” sooyoung said whispering to yoona.

Yoona just nodded and look again at yuri’s portfolio, she flips to another page, there they both saw another photo of the girl, reading and just sitting alone on the bench, they saw a lot of photo of the girl, yoona and sooyoung look at each other with curious and confuse face, they didn’t notice nor hear yuri is coming back from the kitchen to the living room.

“yeah, that will only be our order, ok, bye…” after she ended her call, yuri then look at sooyoung and yoona.

“ehem”

sooyoung was startled with yuri, she accidentally drops yuri’s portfolio, yuri notice it. Sooyoung feels nervouse, they were caught. Sooyoung picks the portfolio from the floor and tries to hide it fro yuri, then yoona suddenly said.

“hey yul, who’s the girl in the photo?…”

sooyoung lightly punch yoona on the arms, signaling her to shut up, yoona just glared at her.

Yuri then walks closer to her best friends, she sat on the table in front of yoona and sooyoung, she grabs her portfolio, then flips to the page with jessica’s photo.

“oh, her? I just accidentally took a photo of her in the park, while I was searching for something to add in my portfolio…”

sooyoung just nodded, but yoona ask again another question.

“she’s the one we saw in the auditorium, standing near our professor, does our professor know her? Do you know her yuri?”

sooyoung then glares at yoona signaling her to stop, but yoona just look at yuri waiting for an answer.

should I lie and tell them that I don’t have any idea on who she is or just tell them the truth… truth, right that’s what I will tell them, but I’ll skip the part about my feelings for Jessica…”

“she’s Jessica jung our professor’s niece…”

sooyoung and yoona look surprise to hear that the girl is a relative of their professor.

“yeah, I know, that’s how I react when I found out that she’s a relative of our professor, I almost thought not to pass my portfolio…” yuri said smiling at sooyoung and yoona.

“do you still have a question yoong?”

yoona looks at yuri, she’s contemplating if she’ll ask another question.

‘why do you look at her, as if you two have known each pther for a long time? When we are at the auditorium’

 

yoona wants to ask that to yuri, but she changes her mind.

“none, that’s all I want to ask… hehe”

sooyoung let out a sigh

 I’m glad yoona stop asking questions to yuri…’ sooyoung thought

‘alright, in 30 minutes our food will arrive, do you guys want to watch a movie?”

“sure yul” sooyoung said

“what do you want to watch? Horror? Romance? Drama? Comedy? or action?”

“how about we watch you kwon yuri?” sooyoung said fighting back her laughter, yoona and yuri just stared at her both with shock face.

“yeah, yul I want to watch you” sooyoung said that while smirking at yuri

yuri gulps and so as yoona while looking at yuri with confuse face.

“what choi? Y-you want to watch me?” yuri stutters and still looking at soooyung

“hahahaha!” soyoung burst out into laughter, yoona and yuri still looking at her with confusion painted on there face.

“got you kwon yuri! That’s what you get for pranking me earlier” sooyoung, still laughing hard, and yoona laughs along with her

yuri looks at the floor, her face is tomato red because of embarrassment, then she thinks ‘I won’t let choi succeed, it’s payback time…’

 

yuri composes herself, the color of her face is now back to normal, she looks at sooyoung and then smirks, she walks slowly towards sooyoung, but sooyoung is still laughing hard she didn’t notice that yuri is coming near her, she just stops when she opens her eyes and finds yuri’s face so close to her, this time she’s the one blushing, yuri then move closer, sooyoung can’t move she’s trap from yuri’s piercing gaze, sooyoung gulps she doesn’t know what to do, she wants to push yuri away but she can’t move. Yoona is just looking at the scene happening in front of her. Yuri then moves her head to sooyoung’s left ear and she whisper.

“you think I’ll let you succeed on pranking me?” yuri then look again at sooyoung now she’s smiling.

“got you too soo, now you’ll be the one paying for out food later…hahaha!” yuri is now the one laughing.

Sooyung still shocked then said.

“yah! kwon yuri you tricked me again!, you better run for your life kwon!”

yuri hearing that runs away from sooyoung. The two is chasing each other inside yuri’s apartment and yoona is just looking at her best friends.

“kwon and choi! Stop now!”

sooyoung and yuri heard yoona, both stop running and face each other.

“soo, did you just heat that yoong wants us to stop?”

“yeah, I think yoona is not feeling well today for saying that…”

“how about let’s stop chasing each other and attack yoona instead by tickling her…” yuri wink at sooyoung

“oh, I think that’s a good idea yul…”

yoona hearing that she tries to run away from the two, but luckily the door bell rings, there food finally arrives.

“awww, yoon’s lucky…” yuri said and she makes her way to the front door to get there food.

“save by the bell yoong, I mean door bell…hahaha!” sooyoung said to yoona

yoona feels relief, she deeply wants to say thank you to the delivery guy.

“sooyoung-ah!” yuri called sooyung

sooyoung gulps she thought yuri was just joking a while ago about her paying for there food.

“choi sooyoung I said come here!”

“c-coming yul!”

“help me bring these foods inside the kitchen! Faster!”

sooyoung sighs in relief, yuri was indeed joking when she said that she’ll pay for the food.

They place the food in the kitchen, and started eating. They didn’t watch any movie, all three of them felt really hungry after playing awhile ago.

“yul, why do we have to celebrate again? You haven’t tell me the reason why were celebrating…”

“oh, hehe, yoona got the job of being a photographer in the magazine I’ll be working for tomorrow…”

“nice, congratulations yoong”

Sooyoung then opens a bottle of coke and she pretends that she’s a waiter and pouring it in yoona and yuri’s glass, then she puts some on her own glass. Sooyoung raised her glass and said.

“cheers to yoonyul! Goo luck guys for your first job tomorrow…” yoona and yuri also raise there glass and said

“thank you sooyoung!”

“thank you choi!”

“also good luck to you soo and take care on your travel, I hope you see a lot of new places and don’t forget to take a photo!” yuri said smiling at soooyung and also at yoona.

“thanks kwon!”

“let’s do our best for our first job tomorrow yuri! And take care also soo, don’t forget to buy souvenirs!!” yoona said

“yeah, we’ll do our best tomorrow yoong!!”

“thank you also yoong!!”

after they clean up there food, they sit outside yuri’s apartment.

“sooyoung, yoona…”

“yes, yuri?” sooyoung said

“I just want to say thanks to you two…” yuri smiled at sooyoung and yoona.

“aren’t we suppose the one thanking you? You always treat us with food” yoona said to yuri

“hehe, your welcome with that yoong, but I really want to thank you guys, because I really had fun today, I haven’t laughed nor have fun like this for a long time…” yuri said

‘at least I didn’t get to think about her all day…’  yuri thought

sooyoung pats yuri’s back.

“that’s what best friends are for, were always here by your side, and ready to listen or just have fun with you…” sooyoung said while smiling at yuri and yoona nods in response.

“I hope we can be best friends forever!” sooyoung said while looking at the stars

“haha, ofcourse we’ll be best friends forever even after forever, we’ll still be best friends!” yuri said to sooyoung and yoona smiles at both of her best friends

“I’m tired” sooyoung said

“your tired?” yoona asked sooyoung while raising her eyebrow

sooyoung nodded

“I guess you feel tired from eating a lot today soo…haha” yoona laughed and yuri also join in

“as if you also didn’t eat a lot today yoong…” yuri sadi to yoona, the three of then just laughs, yuri looks at her watch, it’s getting late.

“I think we should call this a night, it’s getting late, me and yoona have work tomorrow…”

“alright, yoong let’s go, I’ll give you a ride back to your apartment…” sooyoung said to yoona

“ok soo”

sooyoung stand’s up, and makes her way to her car while yoona and yuri follows her.

“bye kwon”

“bye yuri”

“bye choi, bye yoong, I’ll just call you tomorrow for the schedule, I’ll fetch you at your apartment too…”

“ok yul..”

both yoona and sooyoung are now inside the car

“drive safely soo, take care!” yuri bids her two best friends good bye.

“ok yuri, bye!!”

sooyoung said and left yuri’s house.

Yuri went back inside her apartment, silence again.

“I need to sleep now…”

yuri does her usual routine and go to her bed, she closes her eyes and easily fell asleep.

-TBC-