GRENADE CHAPTER 3 PART 3

GRENADE

 

CHAPTER 3 part 3

*FLASHBACK*

“today is the day…”yuri said while she’s fixing her hair on front of a mirror.

“still I haven’t seen her…”yuri sigh and she thought maybe after she confess to Jessica she already went to states or somewhere far away from yuri.

“is what I said to her really that bad?, wherever she is, I hope she’s fine…”

*beep beep* suddenly yuri heard a honk from a car outside her apartment.

“maybe it’s yoona and sooyoung, I should go now….”

Yuri then went outside and meet her friends whose also graduating.

“hey guys, sorry if I took so long…”

“it’s ok, kwon, we don’t mind…come on, hop in…we don’t want to be late on our graduation” sooyoung said to yuri.

Yuri sat next to yoona, they are seating at the back.

“are you excited yuri?” yoona asked her

“hmmm, more like nervous, but I’m happy because finally were graduating!!”

yuri look at yoona and gave her a smile.

“hey, kwon where are we going after graduation? Should we have a party? Just the 3 of us?…” sooyoung look at the rear view mirror of her car so she can see yuri.

“party?, let’s just eat,..I know you two shikshin more like to EAT, than to have a party…” yuri said it emphasizing the word ‘eat’ and grin at her best friends.

“lets go to this place downtown, I know the owner of a restaurant there, that serves delicious seafood delicacies…”

when yuri said seafood, both yoona and sooyoung’s face brighten up and look at her with a grin pasted on there face.

“seafood!!, we’re in!!, as long as your paying kwon!!” both yoona and sooyoung said to yuri.

Yuri, look at her best friends with a worried face. She gulps and then she said…

“oh no, I think my wallet in in trouble of being bankrupt tonight…” after yuri said that, all three of them laugh inside the car.

“were here now…yay!! Finally I’m gonna be out of these school!!!…” sooyoung said while holding yoona and yuri’s hand as they make there way inside the auditorium.

Yuri is looking around the auditorium, thinking that she’ll miss this place, she made a lot of memories here, as she look around her eyes grew wide as she saw Jessica standing beside her professor which is also jessica’s uncle…

“no, it can’t be her…” she murmured still looking at Jessica, yoona and sooyoung notice yuri just standing and not moving from her place, both of them approach yuri.

“hey kwon yuri, who are you staring at?” sooyoung asked her

yuri, didn’t flinch, both yoona and sooyoung look on who yuri is staring at, they saw a girl with long blonde hair looking gorgeous and is standing next to their professor, both of them doesn’t know the girl, so they turn there attention again to yuri.

“hey, yuri, do you know her?” sooyoung lightly punch yuri’s arm, finally yuri move and return back to reality.

“huh? Why? What sooyoung?..”

“your weird yuri, why are you staring at her, do you know her?..”

“huh?..no…hehe, sorry, let’s go to our place now, they might start calling our names, come on guys…”

“but yuri, why are you staring at her?..” yoona points to the place where she saw the girl standing and yuri follows, where yoona pointed her hand.

“huh? Yoona, nobody’s there, now come on guys…” yuri pulled sooyoung and yoona’s hand and go to there respective place.

Yuri is now zoning out, she can’t believe she saw Jessica here, ‘she’s not even studying here, what’s the reason she’s here? anyway, even though she’s our professor’s niece, still..’

“hey yuri, are you alright?” sooyoung asked her, she’s quite worried of yuri’s behavior she’s been zoning out since they came in there school.

Yuri look at sooyoung and she said.

“huh? Yeah sooyoung I’m alright…” yuri gave her friend an assuring smile before looking back again on the stage.

“kwon yuri” the head of the school announces her name, it’s her turn to go up the stage and get her diploma.

As she was walking in the aisle to go up the stage, she saw Jessica, Jessica was looking at her direction and following her move as she make her way to the stage, and yuri notice that, she gave Jessica a smile, but Jessica just stare at her..yuri was hoping that she’ll see again jessica’s smile her favorite smile, but still Jessica is just looking at her, yuri sigh and continues her walk to the stage, after yuri  said thanks and got her diploma she fasten her pace to go back to her place beside yoona and sooyoung.

The whole graduation ceremony finally ended. Yuri didn’t talk after she got her diploma and that got yoona and sooyoung both worried and curious with yuri’s behavior, they haven’t seen her like that.

“hey kwon yuri? Are you alright? What’s wrong?..” sooyoung asked yuri but yuri just sits beside them quietly

“yuri?”yoona shakes yuri’s shoulder, that made yuri move and looked at her.

“yuri, are you alright?”

“guys don’t mind me, oh, will be celebrating right? Come on let’s go to that restaurant I’m talking about, I bet you two shikshin are really hungry…”yuri wink to sooyoung and yoona..

sooyoung and yoona just look at each other and shrugged.

“soo and yoong, I’ll meet you guys outside, I just want to stay a little bit here, and also I want to talk to someone…”

“huh? Yuri?…who are you going to talk to?, why don’t you come with us? Lets go to soo’s car together, come on, you don’t really look fine…” yoona is pulling yuri out the auditorium.

“yoong, I told you I’m fine, you don’t have to worry about me, now go to soo’s car I’ll meet you there later…I won’t take long, promise…if you don’t go I wont pay for your food later…now go…”

“but…”

yuri gave yoona one last look and smile.

“really, yoong, I’m gonna be alright…”

yoona freed yuri’s hand and she watch yuri go back to the auditorium. she then make her way to sooyoung’s car.

Sooyoung and yoona, are still confuse on why yuri acted like that, they both find yuri weird, and both of them thought that the blonde hair girl had something to do with it, but being a good best friend they just let yuri, and they don’t want to interfere with her problem, they just hope that yuri will solve it.

When sooyoung and yoona was out of her sight she walks around the auditorium and tries to find Jessica, yuri wants to talk to her.

After five minutes she finally spot Jessica, standing alone in the corner, yuri then approach her. When Jessica saw yuri is coming she hurriedly left her place but she failed because yuri already grab her wrist.

“yuri, let go of my wrist!, your hurting me, what do you want?..”

as Jessica said that yuri is pulling her outside the auditorium.

“I just want to talk to you Jessica”

now they are outside the auditorium, yuri let go of jessica’s wrist. Jessica turned around and is about to move when yuri hold her hand and said.

“please, Jessica, I just want to talk to you, about that incident, I mean that confession I did 3 weeks ago…”

Jessica still not facing yuri, she wants her hand to be free from yuri, but yuri’s hold to her hand got tighter.

“let go of my hand first, yuri…”

though she doesn’t want to let go of jessica’s hand, she obey Jessica, maybe in that way, she’ll be able to talk to her.

Jessica with her back still facing yuri said.

“ok, now yuri, talk…”

after a few seconds yuri didn’t speak

“yuri what do you want to te—“ before Jessica ends her sentence yuri cuts her off.

“I want you Jessica, I need you…”

“that confession I did on the beach, everything I said there was true, I do really love you…”

“yuri I’ve already told you that I don’t feel the same way for you…”

“yeah, I know that but…”

“but what? Yuri” Jessica said and she’s now facing yuri.

“but I can’t live a day without you, those past few weeks after what happened in the beach, I keep thinking if my feeling of love for you is really true, after thinking about it, and also realizing that without you I feel lonely, it made me realize that I do really love you, living a day without you, Is like not being alive anymore, I keep thinking of you, where, when and how will I see you again, I’m ready to give up anything for you…”

yuri said it while fighting back her tears from falling.

Jessica is quite shock on what yuri just told her, then silence engulf them both until Jessica said.

“yuri, please stop bothering me…” Jessica said it coldly to yuri, then turned her back and start to walk away from yuri.

Yuri just stood there looking at the figure of Jessica slowly going away, this is the second time she had her heart broken.

Yuri ran away to the other direction, with tears falling in her eyes, sooyoung and yoona saw her running.

“yah, yuri-ah!!!”

they shouted yuri’s name but yuri didn’t look at them, she hurriedly held a taxi and by that yuri’s gone, sooyoung and yoona noticed yuri is crying, both of them are really worried to there best friend, they decided to call her. When sooyoung was about to dial yuri’s number, she received a message from yuri.

From: kwon

Soo and young, sorry I have to leave you guys, I want to go somewhere alone, don’t bother look for me, I’ll call you guys tomorrow morning so don’t worry, I’ll be alright…so please guys stop worrying about me, oh before I forgot, you guys can still go to that restaurant I’m talking about earlier, trust me the owner and I are good friends, just put the bill on my tab, enjoy the food shikshins!^^~ again, I’m really sorry, I’ll call you guys tomorrow…

“yuri went somewhere and she didn’t even tell where, she said she wants to be alone…”sooyoung said while looking at yoona

“I know soo, I’m also reading the message while you are reading it, what should we do soo? Should we start looking for her?”

“well, kwon said she wants to be alone, if she really needs us, she’ll call or text us, let’s just follow what she said, besides she mention she will call us tomorrow, I think she’ll be fine…”

“but, ok…” yoona look down the pavement, quite sad because they will have to celebrate without yuri

“so yoong, do you still want to go to that restaurant? Even though yuri is not with us, she’ll still pay for the bill…”

“I don’t know, I think I already lost my appetite and also I want yuri to be with us, it’ll be more fun”

after that they hear there stomach grumble, both look at each other and laugh.

“I think yoong, your stomach has a mind of its own..haha”

yoona blushed because of embarrassment and replied.

“same as yours sooyoung..hehe”

“come on now yoong, let’s eat!”

the two friends then made there way to the restaurant.

Back to yuri

Yuri went to her favorite beach, sooyoung and yoona, though they are yuri’s best friend, they don’t know this place, only Jessica knows that this place is yuri’s favorite.

Yuri is standing facing the sea, still with tears flowing out of her eyes, her heart is aching, she was surprise that she can still handle it….

“JESSICA!!”

yuri shouted jessica’s name, letting out loud sobs she’s now crying hard.

“I love you” yuri said it whispering to the wind..

“AAHHH!”

she sat on the sand wiping her tears.

Her tears had already stop flowing out of her eyes, she look at her watch it’s still early, she called yoona….

“hey yoong,”

“oh, yuri!, where are you?”

“are you still there at the restaurant?”

“huh? Ah, yeah, were still here, yah! Kwon yuri! You haven’t answer my—“

“ok, I’ll be there, so wait for me…” before yoona could reply, yuri already ended up the phone call…

yuri arrive at the restaurant, ignoring sooyoung and yoona’s questioning look to her, instead she just give her two bestfriends a smile, but still that’s not enough to cover up her sadness, sooyoung and yoona can still see that yuri have a problem.

“hey, yul…”

“yes, soo?”

“are you really alright?”

“for the nth time soo, I’m alright, don’t worry about me, let’s enjoy this night and have fun, come on order some more foods…”

sooyoung look at yoona, but yoona just eats, sooyoung sigh and raised her left hand to call the attention of the waiter.

“I want to order, hmmmm, one order of everything that’s on this menu…”

after sooyoung said that yuri and yoona have there eyes wide open while looking at sooyoung…

“what?” sooyoung asked the two with one of her eyebrow raising.

Yuri then averts her stare at the waiter and she said.

“hehe, waiter my friend here is just joking,,,”

“I think they already had eaten enough, specially you sooyoung, so please just give me the bill…”

“yah! Kwon yuri, you said I can order some more? And I’m still not done eating yet…”

sooyoung said with puppy eyes and pouting her lips, while yoona just laughs on sooyoung’s action and just continues to eat her food…”

“miss, here’s you bill”

“thank you..”as yuri saw the amount, she put the money inside with the bill and stared at her two best friend.

“are you guys done eating now?”

both just nods and look at yuri…

“come on, I’ll treat you guys with dessert and coffee…”

they made there way to a coffee shop, they were seated at the far back corner of the shop, it’s more peaceful there…

“soo, yoong..”

“yes?” both of them answer

“haha, don’t worry guys I won’t be leaving, why do you have that sad expression on your face? Huh?”

“hehe, sorry yul, what are you going to tell us?”

“ I already have my first job and it will start 2 days from now, it will be a fashion event and I will be the photographer of a fashion magazine, they assign me to cover that project…”

“that’s nice yul, you already got a job…”yoona said happily to yuri.

“thanks yoong, it it’s not for my brother I wouldn’t get that job, so are you two already have some plans after graduation?”

“hmmm, my mom wants me to stay here in korea, and wants me to handle one of our business here, but I don’t know if I’ll accept that, I don’t know anything about business, I might just screw up, instead I’m planning to put up a studio or maybe I’ll just travel a little first and explore some places…” sooyoung said

“ahh, how about you yoona?”

yoona is not rich like yuri and sooyoung, and she’s having a problem on what she will do after graduating.

“I haven’t thought of anything to do yet yuri,maybe I’ll just look for a job as a photographer for a magazine…”

“in that case, I should ask my brother if he can talk to the owner of the magazine that I’ll be working for, maybe she can hire another one..”

“wow, thanks yuri!” yoona said it, while clapping her hands

“your welcome yoong”

both sooyoung and yoona didn’t bother asking yuri again on what is her problem and why is she acting that way awhile ago.

“shall we call this a night?, tiredness is slowly creeping it’s way on me…” yuri said while lazily sits on the couch inside the café, she do really feel tired, mentally, emotionally and physically.

“yeah, I’m quite tired too, I want to go home now…and sleep, sooyoung, let’s go home now…” yoona said to sooyoung while pouting…

“hahaha, ok, yoonyul, I’ll drive you guys home…”

“yoonyul?” yuri and said in unison.

“it’s just your names, I just put it together, thats all…ok, let’s go..”

the ride back to yuri and yoona’s apartment is silent, they must be really tired, sooyoung dropped off yoona first.

“bye yoona!!” yuri and sooyoung said as the waved there hands to yoona.

Still it was silent inside the car…

“yuri?”

“hmmm?”

“you know, if you have a problem, me and yoona are always here, you can tell us your problem, and we’ll try our best to help you, don’t forget we’re best friends”

“I know, and thanks sooyoung, I do have a problem, but I think I’m not ready to talk about it now…”

“oh yul, I won’t ask about it again, just tell me if your ready to talk about it…”

“thanks, choi…” yuri look at sooyoung and gave a smile, yuri is really thankful having sooyoung and yoona as her bestfriend.

Finally they arrive at yuri’s apartment, yuri say thanks to sooyoung and sooyoung also said her thanks to yuri for treating them for dinner, she quickly steps out of the car and bids sooyoung goodbye. Yuri enters her apartment, as always she’s alone, she’s been living alone since her parents and her brother migrated to America for there business.

Yuri quickly change to comfortable clothes, she really wants to sleep, and just escape reality for a few hours.

Before she close her eyes, she gave one last look on jessica’s photo beside her bed, she said.

“don’t worry Jessica, I’ll try my best not to bother you anymore, I hope we won’t cross our paths again and see each other, but I won’t throw any of your photo’s here, because it’s the only thing that can remind me of you, if ever we see each other again, I’ll give up on forgetting about you, and maybe I’ll also give up everything so I can always be with you, lastly, on the third time you’ll break my heart, I will totally forget about you…only one more heart break, and I’m letting go…” yuri smiles one last time and close her eyes, she immediately fell asleep.

That may seem sound crazy, giving up everything and still love the person who will not love you back, but for yuri, she rather be called crazy than to stop loving Jessica.

-TBC-