Moving On Up

Out With the Old and In With the New.

Out With the Old

     I was finally leaving this place I felt happy but I couldn't help but feel this sense of guilt flooding over me, I was leaving my homeland, my comfort zone,  my little brother who apart from being 18 still needed my help and advice on things and I was leaving my mom, the person who I fight with 99.9% of the time but love her with all my heart, I was leaving her, I sometimes felt that I was the mom and she was the kid, from all the temper tantrums she would throw or teaching her how to say a word in English. I turned around looked at the house that I've known for 21 years and headed to the cab that was waiting for Hyomin and I. I took it all in for one last time, the streets, the corner stores, all the memories I had in this neighborhood, in this city I let it marinate and was finally prepared to start a new life somewhere else new memories, new people.

 ________-ah what are you thinking about" Hyomin looked at me " Nothing" I sighed. Hyomin narrowed her eyes " You're my little sister not a girl I just met so tell me what's going on in the quite mind of yours." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes " What school's are around there?" I said trying to change the topic before I got OVER-emotional. " A bunch, But I signed you up to the University of Seoul it's close to home you could drive there and you could get accustomed to the area." I chuckled " Aw look at you, you sound so excited, you wanna go to school instead of me?" "Ya! you little witch" she messed up my hair, " You and your husband better not have wild while I'm in there, the last thing I wanna hear is the two of you banging each other that will legit scar me for life". Hyomin bursted out laughing " Oh please! you would be the first trying to listen to whats going on cause you're a creep, plus you're not staying with me." "What do you mean I'm not living with you? Where am I going to stay none of our family members live in Seoul, what do you expect me to do live in a box?" I looked at her with what I assumed was my eyes almost popping out of their sockets. "Aigo, Calm down drama queen" she messed up my hair again " You're staying in the same apartment building but 2 floors above us, It's a 2 bedroom apartment a room for you and a room for me." she winked at me "It's cute your style I remodeled everything to your style so it should be good I think you're going to love it. Don't you just love that your favorite sister is an interior designer?" she came close to me and hugged my arm. "Aish! get off, and plus you're my only sister . Ya look we're here let's get our stuff and go!". We got our luggage and entered to the point of no return.

BOARDING

After going through secruity and everything we arrived on the plane the first few hours Hyomin and I went back and forth on how she wanted to have kids to she wants to dye her hair pink, then the next few hours were spent sleeping, thank God that we got seats in 1st class cause my legs would be kiling me right now.    "Just a couple of more hours and we are there baby!" Hyomin lightly punched my arm and shook her hands in excitement. I laughed " You act like if you don't live there already loser." she looked at me as though as I had taken the life out of her "Yeah, but it's not everyday I have my sissy with me in Korea, Now I'll see you everyday, we'll go shopping, do our nails, talk about boys, go to the beach and you'll cook for me and clean for me" she laughed. I rolled my eyes "Oh! so that's why I'm coming with you right? to be your maid. Well listen sweetie, I won't be living with you which then infers that I won't be your maid so" I stuck my tounge out.

At that moment I had a pain shoot up my whole right side. "Oh my bad, I'm sorry!" he bowed "Yeah, it's alright." I said while rubbing my shoulder. Oh God what was he made out of stone?! I felt like if a truck ran into my whole right side. "Are you sure? I'll get you some ice, it looks like you're in pain" he said. I looked up to see who this genius was and why didn't he just keep it moving. Boy that was a big mistake I felt like my heart went into my stomach, he was handsome, he had very small defined features and brownish/blondish hair."Um, I going to get you that ice." "She's fine trust me she's just a little ditsy that's all but thank you for asking you can go along now" Hyomin said. "Alright" he chuckled and left

My soul had left my body at that moment, my legs felt like jelly, my face felt paralyzed and my hands were trembling. "Ya! What the hell is wrong with you?" Hyomin slapped my thigh. "Huh? What?" I finally settled into reality. "Why were you acting like if you left your brain in America?" "Ugh." I had to think of a good excuse because knowing Hyomin she would make a scene and embrass me "I was in pain imagine having a guy run into your whole right side and he had a metal belt buckle on, I think you would stay quiet also just so you won't blurt out anything rude to him." "I guess, you're so weird." She picked up her headphones and went back to sleep.