I Care

Out With the Old and In With the New.

 

2 weeks later

        Final exams were coming up and I was stressed out and to add on top of my exams, I haven't seen Chunji since last week when he dropped me off at school. Things between him and I were going great we were spending more time together and L.Joe was getting jealous, but it was all fun, I got to know what he likes, what he was afraid of, how clumsy and childish he can be.

I was in study hall when L.Joe pulled out a chair at the table I was at.

 "Hey you, you've been doing nothing but piling books and books on your table and doing papers that you forgot about your friends." he rested his head on the table and pouted "I'm sorry but I'm trying to get high marks this is my last year and I'm done with school, I get to be in the "real world". I'll make room for you, I promise."

His head popped up "You promise? So what are you doing tonight?"

"Studying." I said in a flat tone, he sighed "Ugh, you're boring ok how about when exams are over you and I get to do whatever I want for one whole day." I looked at him arched my eyebrow.

 "Fine, you win." he smiled. That was one of my favorite things about L.Joe he always looked for a positive in any negative situation. He lightened up the mood no matter where we were at and I needed that especially this week.

 His phone rang "Oh, Hyung! What’s up? Yeah I'm with her in study hall, No you can't come you will distract her she's trying to study for the real world." I smiled into my book. "Ok, bye." he hung up

"Who was that?" still looking down at my book. "It was your professor saying hurry up and get an A, so you can hang out with your best friend." we both laughed.

 

I got home and called Hyomin to come visit me.

"Hey you!" she said as I opened the door. "You've been a ghost on me, it must be exams week huh?" we plotted ourselves on the couch.

"Yeah and it's kicking my , all I do is study, eat, study, sleep the same routine everyday I'm going crazy." I laid my head on Hyomin's lap she started playing with my hair, if there was one thing I liked was when people played with my hair I always managed to relax. One thing I needed right now was to relax and take my mind off of school.

"Unni."

"Mm?"

"How do you know if you like someone or love them?" It was a question that was bugging me I didn't know if I was infatuated with Chunji or if I was falling in love with him. This sudden disappearance from him wasn't making it any easier on me. I would wake up in the morning study, get ready for school and think about him, I would find myself looking at any blonde hair boy and thinking it was him. Where was he? Why am I driving myself so crazy?

"Let's see, when you like someone you are more selfish, everything about them is picture perfect you don't see anything bad about that person, cause you don't want to see it. When you like someone you are really just catering to your ego and the attention. You are sort of blind, I’m not saying you can’t be blinded by love cause you can but when you like someone you are blind to reality and it’s just the feeling of having them their you like not them as a whole. But when you love someone, I don't it's different you meet someone and it's like "BAM! there you are and I'm whole again." the best way I can describe it is the way the Greeks did they said that we are born with 4 arms, 4 legs and 2 heads. But Zeus was afraid of the power that we would have so he split them into two parts, so they have to look for each other for the rest of their lives. So I guess what I'm trying to say when you love someone you know it, no horoscope, no cards, no silly percentage game is going to tell you if you are meant to be with someone you just know. That person brings out your best and your worst and you do the same. Why are you in looove?" she ran her hand through my hair.

 "I don't know, I don't think so I have a weird feeling. Like when I'm near him I feel fine and dandy like if no one can do anything to me, it's not protected like the way I feel like when I'm with you and Jae, but I feel protected like his presence, his warmth, his being will protect me from a lot and it scares me because I never felt like this for anyone. I’m scared I never saw someone and never not had to put my wall up. I want to tell him about everything I want to talk about everything with him, about books, about his life, about his fingers, about my fingers everything silly anything you can think about I want to tell. When he looks at me, Hyomin I swear it's like the most amazing feeling ever there's nothing but like fuzzy feelings and well now that I'm away from him, I feel, I don’t feel right. It irritates me that I wake up thinking about him that at any point in time I’m thinking about him." she stopped her hand and let out a sigh.

"I can't tell you how you feel, but I can tell you that what you just described to me that sounds like you are very happy, just don’t lose yourself in the process."

 

We sat like that for 3 hours until I fell asleep. I woke up on the couch with a blanket over me it was 10am and I didn't have to worry about classes because the weekend finally arrived.

I looked down at my phone, it finally had become one week since I last spoke to him. All of a sudden my phone started buzzing. Private number could it be?

"Hello?"

"_____?" It could be, it was him.

"Chunji?" My heart was in my mouth at this point. He got my number, how did he get my number, who cares. I ran into the bathroom to see how I looked like, I had mascara running and my hair was sticking out. Oh God, who cares it's not like he can see me it’s official I'm going crazy.

"No it’s your professor you failed your finals. How've you been I'm sorry I haven't seen you in a week, I've been super busy lately I meant to call you to ask how you've been doing but L.Joe said that you've been nothing but studying and studying so I didn't want to disturb you."

“I’ve been stressed out because of all the studying I don’t have a life anymore. L.Joe’s been dying so I could hang out with him you should see the look on his face.” Oh and did I tell you I’ve been stressed because you didn’t have the decency to call me and let me know you were alive.

“You should see the look on my face I haven’t seen you or heard your voice in a week. At least you got to see you, I’m going mad!” I laughed he missed me too. Could it be that he likes me. I looked in the mirror and shrugged, nah this could be him being nice to me, the new girl Korea better make her feel welcomed.

“Get dressed. I’m in front of your apartment building.” He was here! He was in front of my building I rushed to my window in the process hitting my pinky on the corner of the sofa, but I didn’t care because he was here waiting for me.

“Why don’t you just come up I might take a while because I just woke up.”

“Are you sure? You won’t be weirded out that some guy is coming to your apartment.”

“I would be if it was some guy coming but it’s you so no worries.”

I gave him the number to my apartment and rushed to the take the quickest shower of my life. I grabbed everything that was on the floor, brushed all the knots out my hair, when the doorbell rang. I looked at myself in the mirror down the hall, “Alright __ you got to keep your cool smile, you got this, you got this.”