Questions

Out With the Old and In With the New.

 

Today was a lazy day the sky was looking gray; huge clouds rolling in which I thought  “I'm screwed” since I forgot to bring an umbrella. I met L.Joe outside of class we talked about yesterday and when will our next adventure take place. "I'm going to take you to so many places you're going to want to hire me all the time." he said proudly "I think if you show me all of Korea you’re services will no longer be needed." he looked at me with a deadpan expression "Haha." he said. We reached my car and the minute we got there it started to pour "Why aren't we getting wet?" I said to L.Joe "Hyung!" L.Joe shouted in my ear, I turned around and there he was right behind me with an umbrella "What kind of unprepared tour guide are you?" Chunji says drly

I laughed I felt his eyes on me.

 L.Joe scratched the back of his neck "Ya, we weren't going to go anywhere today so it doesn't matter I'm actually off to meet up with the guys."

"Oh, ok well take care." Chunji said as L.Joe ran to a black van waiting for him.

"Bye" I mumbled.

"Sooooooooo." Chunji says with a huge sigh

"Yeah, so um I feel bad for you standing out in the rain like this and doing nothing I should get going."

"No! I mean no you're not bothering me at all actually maybe I can show you around today, I'll be the assistant tour to the guide, the one who comes prepared."

I laughed he did have a sense of humor after all "OK, where do you wanna go?"

            We take my car and he directed me to a small café. Running inside we took a booth in the corner. There were only a few people inside, it was cozy the tables were far apart that you couldn’t hear anyone’s conversation but close enough that it was comfortable. I looked down at the menu clicking my tongue.

“What are you getting, I’m buying.” He looked up at me and smiled, there he goes with that smile again.

 “Um, I don't know maybe a small coffee. You know you don’t have to pay for me right? I can pay for myself.” I closed the menu and looked at him giving him a half smile.

“I know I don’t but I want to.” He said without keeping his eyes off of me. I quickly looked away and thankfully the server was heading to our table, We placed our order and now it felt awkward. I sighed and fidgeted with my thumbs not knowning what to say to this god like creature in front of me.

“What are you so nervous about?” when I looked up he had a puzzled look on his face like if he was having an internal debate on what was wrong.

“Nothing really, I just, I just do this when I feel awkward, I don’t know what to say to you.” I looked at him he was smiling which made me smile without even trying to.

“Talk to me about anything sports, clothes, music, cars, anything you want I’m sure whatever you have to say won’t be boring.” He said enthusiastically and placed his hand on mine to stop me from fidgeting.

I giggled “Sorry, uhh…. I can’t ask you how’s the weather because I mean yeah,” we both laughed “umm. I got nothing.”

He tapped his finger on his temple “Ah! Lets play the question game, that will break the awkwardness here. I’ll go first since you don’t know what to say.” He poked my forehead my heart skipped a beat. “How old are you?”

“21”

“Wow I could have thought you were 17!” he looked surprised, I laughed at his expression.

“How old are you?”

“I’m 22 I’m only in university for this semester then I’m done.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“Really? So am I! What are you going to do after this semester is over?” he titled his head to the side and looked at me puzzled again.

“Um, I don’t know, it’s a surprise.” He chuckled I didn’t understand what was funny, but whatever the food came to the table.

“Mm, I was starving have some of mine!” he smiled at his food, he looked like a fat kid in food heaven, I smiled at myself.

 

Once we finished with everything he paid and we were on our way, the rain died down but it still was heavy enough to make us run to my car.

“Your turn.” He looked straight out the window. “

Huh?” not realizing what he is talking about.

“It’s your turn to ask me a question, you think I forgot?” he turned his head to look at me, I looked at him.

“Oh! Um, do you have any brothers or sisters?”

He shook his head “Nope only child, How about you?”

“Yeah I have one brother he’s the baby, a sister and that’s it.” He was about to ask me a question but then he stopped himself.

“You could ask me you know, I’m sure whatever you say won’t be boring.” Echoing the same words of comfort he told me in the restaurant. He smiled at me and looked down.

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” I looked down; I could feel my body getting goosebumps.

 “Yea, a long time ago when I was kid. And by kid I mean teenager.”

He let out a little sigh “Really? Do you mind if I asked what happened?”

     I didn’t mind telling him usually I don’t like talking to anyone about my ex but I didn’t mind with him.

 “Well, we just grew apart we were together for about 5 years and after a while you grow into different people and you turn into strangers. It was for the best I learned a lot from him. Have you ever had a girlfriend?”

“Yeah, but it was only for a little while and then we just both broke up. No hard feelings it’s something we had to do.” He looked out the car window.

 

    The mood was different from when we first got in the car, I felt like we were putting down our walls slowly. The rain had stopped and it was safe for me to put an end to our small adventure together.

“So where am I taking you?” I broke him out of his thought process.

“Would you mind taking me to L.Joes?”

 “Sure no problem.”

We kept on going back and forth with questions until we got to his L.Joe's house which was a 15 minute drive. I learned so much about him he was a sweet guy, he was funny, he kept to himself and didn’t like anyone else knowing so much about him and one thing was for sure I definitely started to develop a crush on him even more than I had before. I pulled up to L.Joes’ apartment and he opened the door.

“Thank you for the ride, I had a good time getting to know you” he looked at me, my eyes were like glue to his I didn’t want him to go. I wanted him with me for company, I had a strange urge to just hug him.

 “You’re welcome, I’ll see you again sometime maybe tomorrow?” without taking our eyes off each other.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow. Before I go.” He said, my heart was beating fast again this boy is going to give me a heart attack.

“Yea?”

“It’s your turn tomorrow.” He winked at me and got out the car. I drove away and parked on the corner out of his eyesight, I had to compose myself. What was this feeling? That jerk, that lovely lovely jerk.