Hyomin

Out With the Old and In With the New.

"Honey! Wake up! I made bacon & eggs! Wake up!" my mom spoke so sweetly, "Ok give me 5 more minutes pleaaaase!" I groaned. She ripped the blankets off me leaving my body freezing " No! If I do you know what's going to happen? You're going to be late to your first class and then blame it on me, now get up and get ready!". Ugh I can't stand this woman I know she means well but jezz couldn't she at least give me a break, I hopped out of bed went into the shower letting the warm water hit my body making me want to just sleep in there, brushed my teeth, headed to my room and started to get ready. I put on some leggings, a tshirt, a blue jean jacket, some black combat boots " That's as good as it gets" I said to my reflection in the mirror. I hurried downstairs grabbed the car keys, just as I was about to walk out the door I hear  " YA! PARK_______!! Come back here and eat something you are going to be in school for 10 hours and you won't eat anything but junk food and energy drinks, eat something nutrious." my mother yelled. " EOMMA! I have to find parking and I don't have time, plus I'm not even hungry." I yelled back and with that I headed to my car. It's my last year of college and then I'm off the real world so as much as my  mom was bugging me in the morning I can't afford to miss my class. I reached campus and was greeted by my best friend Bridgette. " Hey what's up ugly!" Bridgette said chuckeled, " Hey ! let's go to class ok?" I punched her arm. I never really had alot of friends not because I was anti-social or anything just because I'm more of a private person. Bridgette was one of those people who you didn't have to impress her with facts she just geniuely enjoyed a persons company, I liked that about her.

" So I don't know, I wanna be with him but I know I shouldn't but you know when you get accustomed to someone and they grow on you?" Bridgette said while walking me to my car. Bridgette was in a relationship with Eric she's been with him for 5 years and in the 8 years I've known her for the last 5 she's been complaining how she doesn't like him. " No, but again like I told you, you can't just string him everytime you feel lonely because remember he has feelings too! TEAM ERIC!" I said, she narrowed her eyes to me " You're my friend you're suppose to be team Bridgette, plus since when are you all lovey dovey?" she said in a sarcastic voice. " I'm not lovey dovey but I think that's ed up the way you use him he's not you're little toy you can't just love him and leave em, you gotta love em and stay with em and if you don't like em that time to get to the next toy and love em." We sat down on a bench near my car " You're right, I know it's just I know I can do better and I do talk to other guys." "But, you end up friendzoning them" I interjected, she laughed "He's your first love of course you're going to feel some attachment to him especially if he practically lives with you. Anyway I'm going home I'm tired and hungry and I have like 10 pages to write for tomorrow so I'll see you in the morning text me when you get home."  She sighed "I hate you...jerk...alright get home safe loser love you !"

When I arrived home I felt something different in the air, for one no one was watching TV in the living room and my brother is always watching some type of sports show, no lights are on hmm... something is defitnely going on....I walked down the hallway and went downstairs to the kitchen. "SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" someone yelled, I looked and it was none other then my sister Hyomin I haven't seen her since she got married and moved to Seoul. " HYOMIN-UNNI !!!! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, YOU ARE SO SKINNY OH MY GOD!" I yelled excitingly. " I'm here to see you, I missed my little sister so much! Korea isn't the same without you" she said. I stepped back from her and looked at her, she was beautiful light brown wavy hair, big eyes, clear milky skin, and she was skinny but with curves, apart from being attractive on the outside she was beautiful on the inside as well. Since a kid Hyomin and I have always been close we've always had each others backs, she was my rock and for the past 3 years that she's been in Korea I was feeling alone. 

We sat down for a family dinner which consisted of my mother, sister, brother, my moms boyfriend, the dog and me. Dinner talks were always the best because we all talked a little bit about everything from sports to politics to Beyonce's lastest song. After dinner was over we all scattered to our own corners of the house my brother in the den watching TV, my mom cleaning up the table and her boyfriend washing dishes, which left Hyomin and I to ourselves for some sisterly talk.

"Come on sissy let's go to the backyard and sit on the swings" Hyomin pulled me by my shirt "So how tired are getting of mom?" Hyomin said "On a scale from 1-10? A million." I sighed and looked up at the clear night sky. My mother and I have always had a rough relationship but it's only because we are both hot headed that neither of us can simmer each other down. "I thought so." Hyomin stopped my swing and turned my face facing her's "______ come with me to Korea leave America and just come over there you'll be happier. I know you won't have your friends there but you'll make new friends and see new things just like you always wanted to do. You're 21 and maybe you just need to spread your wings and let mom be here she'll miss you and you'll miss her but you need that." she looked at me, I knew she wasn't joking, I knew she was serious. " _______ listen think about this I'm leaving in 2 days, before I leave tell me so we can go together but seriously _____ come with me, I miss you it's a whole new experience." I took a moment and let out a deep breath "I'll think about it seriously, let me sleep on it ok?" We went back into the house and both washed up and headed off to our rooms. The whole night I couldn't sleep I was tossing and turning, Should I go? Should I just leave everything and go start a new life, not knowing anyone and if I do what will happen? So many things to think about.