I'll Take Care of You

The Story Not Told

 

 

       “Thank you for your hard work everyone.” Sora told the technical staff brightly as they tidied up the set after the filming. She was now ready to leave with her manager and her coordinator. She first bid goodbye to the director and her co-stars who were still in the set before leaving.

        “Wanna eat before going home?” Her manager asked.

        “Uhm.. I guess we could,” she replied. “I’m getting hungry anyway.”

       So, they went to a local restaurant near the filming location and ate their late lunch. She was brought home after since she didn’t bring her own car. She also wanted to be home faster to have exclusive time for herself. She heard the news about Leeteuk not being able to perform on their encore stage because he did not feel well. She anxiously wanted to call him but to her anguish, she couldn’t because of the schedule. She knew that he was busy but she still opted to send him a message asking for his wellbeing, hoping he would reply.

       Please don’t worry too much. I’m already fine. They already gave me medication. I just need to rest. I want to see you soon.

        A surge of excitement flowed through her body. She tried to relax after reading the message. She also needed rest to make up for her demanding schedule.

 

      Super Junior went back to Korea somehow exhausted after their performance abroad together with other SM artists. On the other hand, after coming back, Leeteuk still had to film for variety shows he was hosting. He had to go to the hospital to take nutrition shots due to fatigue.

      After taking some time to rest, he was back in shape. And during those times, he again missed Sora. He wanted to see her more after reading that message last time. He was in the dorm playing some video games together with Yesung and Donghae. They had just finished their dinner.

       “Aish!” Leeteuk cried out. “This is getting boring. You two continue. I don’t want to play anymore.”

       “Waeyo?” Donghae looked at him curiously.

       He didn’t answer and just threw his body on the couch.

       “Is there something better to do?” He subconsciously uttered while his eyes closed.

       “He misses Sora ssi. I’m sure.” Donghae was talking to Yesung while eyeing his hyung lying on the couch.

      “Hyung, if you’re that restless, just go to her.” Yesung addressed Leeteuk without looking at him. “Don’t make us listen to your whines. Meet her. Just make sure you don’t get caught.”

       Leeteuk opened his eyes and got up. He went to his room and after a while he appeared again with his clothes changed.

       “Don’t tell others I left.” He told the two of them. They just nodded. So, he took his leave after putting on his mask and cap.

       He drove along Cheongdam Bridge. It was already ten in the evening. He already called Sora that he was going to her place.

       When he reached her flat, she opened the door for him. She was dressed in her usual clothes. A loose fitting shirt and shorts, with her hair neatly pulled back in a bun together with the fringe.

       “Mianhe. I can only visit you at night.” He told her as he was ushered to the living area.

      “It’s fine. I can’t entertain you during the day anyway. Everyone’s busy at work.” She informed him.

      “Have you eaten?” She asked him when he was already seated on the couch. “I’ll make food for you.”

      “Oh no. I’m fine. Don’t bother.” He replied. “We already ate dinner in the dorm.”

      “Are you really alright now from last time?” She asked him again.

     “Don’t worry. I’m better now. I actually went to the hospital to take nutrition shots.” He didn’t want to tell her that but he felt he had to.

     “You shouldn’t strain yourself too much. Let’s be thankful you didn’t get admitted and confined in the hospital.  At least try to take care of yourself.” He could sense serious concern in her voice.

      “I shouldn’t make you worry.” He apologized.

      “Sorry. It seems that I’m already nagging.” She released a sigh, regretfully.

      “By the way oppa, when did you dye your hair?” She commented.

      “Just the other day,” he told her. “Wae? Does it look bad?”

      “Ani. In fact, it really looks good on you.” Admiration was in her voice and face. “You look more masculine with black hair. And I think shorter hair will really look good on you.” She chuckled.

      “Jinjja?” He felt good hearing her compliments.

      She sat next to him.

      “It only means that your enlistment cannot be avoided anymore, huh?” She pointed out. Somehow she didn’t want to think of it that way.

       “Well, I have to.” He looked at her. Sora stared back. There was a moment of silence.

     “Do you have an answer for me now?” Leeteuk finally asked still looking at her. He couldn’t totally define the nervousness and uneasiness he was feeling waiting for her answer.

      Sora knew it coming but she was not certain if she should answer it that time. She couldn’t take looking at the dark eyes staring back at her so she averted her gaze.

     “The last time you called, you told me that you want to know my answer the next time we see each other,” she started, releasing a soft sigh. “I wished you would ask me again but that time I still don’t know what and how to answer.”

     She faced him but didn’t dare to look at him directly in the eyes. She could feel her heart thumping louder each second. She was now closer to him.

    “But after weighing a lot of things,” she continued. “After considering a lot of issues coming out, after considering your army enlistment, after knowing the hard times you went through, after receiving news about you when you’re away, I realized I want to take care of you, I want to keep on taking care of you. I want to be here for you, to support you in every way I could manage.”

      It was only after saying all that that Sora managed to look at him in the eyes. It was now Leeteuk’s turn to be left speechless for the nth time. He couldn’t describe what was actually happening in his brain and the rest of his body.

     “So.. you… mean..?” He tried to gesture the words he couldn’t say because of the confusion in his brain. He felt his body temperature rising.

       A slight smile appeared on Sora’s face. She caught and steadied Leeteuk’s hands before leaning and planted a light, sweet kiss on his lips.

      “Ne, Park Jungsoo ssi. I’ll be your girlfriend.” She gave him a refreshing smile and squeezed his hands. Mixture of yearning and affection could be seen in her eyes.

       Only that time did his brain manage to process everything.

       “You’re not joking, right?” He asked, still not believing the situation.

       “Well, I can take back what I said.”

      “Andwae!” He right away protested. He, then, gathered her in his arms and hugged her tightly. “Thank you. Really, really thank you.”

       “Ne.” He could feel her nodding. He released her from his arms to kiss her forehead.

       “Always remember,” he looked at her sincerely in the eyes. “I love you.” Then he hugged her again.

       “So do I,” she whispered. He smiled hearing it and hugged her tighter, giving him the chance to smell the sweet scent of her hair.

 

 

* * * * *

 

         어떡해?! I found it hard to keep on writing. My heart rate gradually increased as I typed. Aigoo!! Hoping I made you feel good with this chapter ^___^ I need your sentiments guys! Last two chapters.