Eleventh Interval

Love song

“Gosh, how stupid can you get?” Tiffany mumbled as she took a chip from the bag of Mr potato chips. Which was next to the two empty cups of noodles, ice cream wrapping paper and a bag of gummy bear which was crushed.

“What?” Jonghyun asked sarcastically after playing another broken tune, “you were not the best at the piano when I taught you, speaking of which, play the tune I taught you.”

“Hmph. Fine.” Tiffany stuck her tongue out before skipping over to the grand white piano. She started playing the piece that Jonghyun taught her.

“Not bad. Not bad at all.” Jonghyun smiled as he clapped his hands, “Worthy to call yourself my student.”

“Obviously.”

Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Naega naega naega meonjeo Nege nege nege ppajyeo Ppajyeo ppajyeo beoryeo baby Shawty Shawty Shawty Shawty Nuni busyeo busyeo busyeo Sumi makhyeo makhyeo makhyeo Naega michyeo michyeo baby.” Tiffany immediately started to search for her cellphone as her cheeks blushed a deep scarlet.

“What was that?” Jonghyun asked as soon as the music stopped.

“My ring tone.” Tiffany answered as she pulled her phone out from underneath a cushion, “Oh! It is Junho!”

“That idiot.” Jonghyun mumbled under his breath.

“Don’t call him an idiot. He is nice.” Tiffany defended.

“Why? Do you like him?” Jonghyun asked, a little jealous.

“Maybe. Anyway, I am going to call him back.” Tiffany started dialling his number.

“Call him later. Teach me how to play the flute now.” Jonghyun scolded.

“Aniya, it might be important.” Tiffany put the hand phone to her ear.

Jonghyun felt really jealous, “what could be as important as the audition and why did she remember his number.”

“Yoboseyo?” Tiffany greeted before turning away from Jonghyun while giggling, “Junho-ah. You want to wish me good luck for the audition? Thanks a whole lot! Good luck to you too! Annyeong!”

“What did he say?” Jonghyun asked, trying to look as uninterested as possible, despite dying to find out what they talked about.

“Nothing of your concern.” Tiffany replied before breaking into a laughter.

“Aish, this person.” Jonghyun scolded before starting to play the flute again as Tiffany started to play the piano, occasionally, messaging beneath the music score.

“Why isn’t there a hot girl who will message me now? What happen to all the hot girls in the world.” Jonghyun thought to comfort himself, “Some Lulu, or some Mimi.”

“Chagaweo neomuna sokishiryeo neomuna Eebbali neomushiryeo naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun Gaseumi neomushiryeo naengmyun naengmyun naengmyun.” Jonghyun’s phone started ringing, he started to blush a dark crimson and he could hear Tiffany’s tinkling laughter.

“Yoboseyo?” Jonghyun asked, his face as red as a tomato, “This better be good. Oh-hey. Ae-Young, is it? It is not? Then what is it? Oh, Cho-hee, baby. You are outside my house now?!?!?! You can’t come in! Aniya!”

“Wae?” Tiffany mouthed to Jonghyun.

“Go hide.” He mouthed back.

“What about practice?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t care about practice, I care about my Kingka status!” Jonghyun mumbled as he pushed her into his room, “Stay in there and shut up!”

As soon as Jonghyun locked the door, Tiffany could hear the front door opening and the annoying voice of Cho-Hee, a certain senior queenka in their school majoring in ballet.

“Jong-Jong!” Cho-Hee called hugging Jonghyun.

“Hey, Hee-hee.” Jonghyun mumbled uncomfortably, he hadn’t seen her for two months after he dumped her.

“You know what Jong-jong?” Cho- hee asked as she played with Jonghyun’s hair, “That idiot dumped me like you did. So let’s have some fun tonight!”

“Aniya. Cho-Hee. I have to practice for the audition.” Jonghyun replied pulling her to the door, “I don’t even know why you are here.”

“Oh, that stupid audition, the one where you are paired with that Tiffany?” Cho-Hee smiled, “She isn’t even pretty.”

“Well, at least she is prettier than you.” Jonghyun muttered as her pushed Cho-Hee out of his house, “She is even more talented, and nice then you will ever be. Annyeong. Have a nice life.” He spat and slammed the door on her face. Shrieking and screaming could be heard before the sound of high heels clicking away could be heard.

“Tiffany, you can come out now..” Jonghyun said as her opened his bedroom door. Only to find Tiffany asleep on his Queen bed.

“Stupid girl.” Jonghyun whispered as he pulled a blanket over her, “I stood up for you today, you know. And for you, I guess the couch will have to have me tonight.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning….

Tiffany woke up to the piece that she taught Jonghyun being played, perfectly. She walked out of Jonghyun’s bedroom to see Jonghyun sitting on his couch playing the flute.

“Morning, sleepyhead.” Jonghyun greeted, he looked sharp, in a fresh change of clothes.

“I didn’t sleep in too late.” Tiffany yawned while stretching.

“You call 12pm early?” Jonghyun asked.

“It is already 12pm?” Tiffany asked, she was immediately awakened, “Let’s start practicing! The audition is tomorrow!”

“Let’s have some branch for you first.” Jonghyun pushed a plate of pancakes to Tiffany.

“It is okay, let’s start now!” Tiffany was cut off by Jonghyun pushing a pancake into .

“Shut up and eat. Or I will not practice with you.” Jonghyun scolded.

“You are so mean, to a girl as cute as me!” Tiffany mumbled as she reached for a cup of orange juice.

“A girl as cute as you. Oh please.” Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“Today we are going to try playing together, right?” Tiffany asked while eating another pancake.

Jonghyun nodded his head before using a napkin to wipe a crumb off her cheek.

Tiffany stared at his before murmuring, “Weirdo.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehehe. I promised that I will update today! Please comment! I won’t be able to update for the next whole week! So Super sorry! SORRIE-SORRY! Holiday-ing. :] Thank you for reading!

~Zhi Wei