Decisions

The brother's maid

"Minnie, what if he found out?" You bit your index finger as you paced around your and Minseok's room. "He seems to suspect something nowadays, and I have no idea what it is."

"Why don't you just tell him? Sehun doesn't hold grudges, from what I've observed over the years. If he gets mad, you don't ever have to see him again, because you can just quit your job. Why are you even working, anyway? Relax, Se eun. You're really stressed these days." Minseok stood up and held your hands, looking at you worriedly. You gently pried your hands away, and looked at the floor. 

"You... you don't understand how it feels to have been in hiding for so many years. I can't just tell him, 'Hey, I'm your sister. I've been lying to you every day, whoops!' No. I... I don't know what I'll do, but telling him is not an option right now. I will only hurt him. And what about my parents? They'll be so disappointed. I could also get in a lot of trouble." You said quietly, turning around.

Minseok went beside you and gently hugged you.

"Everything will work out, don't worry. If you don't want to tell him, who am I to tell you to reveal your identity? You're right. I don't understand, and I don't need to. Just remember, I'm always here for you, and I'll always support you, alright?  I just hate seeing you like this. I'm saying this really seriously, please take it into consideration. Will you quit your job?" He asked, and your eyes widened.

"Really?" You asked, surprised at how serious he was. "I... how did I meet someone who cares so much about me? I don't deserve this. Minseok, I'll really think about it. Really. Thank you for being worried for me." 

You bit your lip, eyes watering.

"Oh, come here." Minseok wrapped you in his embrace and gently your hair. "Thank you for saying you'll think about it."

 

****

 

"Hey, noona. You alright?" Sehun asked worriedly, eating his cereal. 

You jumped and looked up. You have been reading the newspaper, but had been blankly staring at the same spot for almost half an hour. You were still thinking about Xiumin's words. Should you really quit? 

While you didn't want to just live off of only Xiumin and you loved working for her parents, you still didn't feel good about tricking even your parents. 

"I'm fine, Sehun. It's just... there's a lot going on right now." You said and smiled softly.

"Se eun noona." 

Your eyes widened and your mouth dropped open. 

"What did you just call me?" You asked softly, and Sehun just frowned. 

"Heesun... noona? What's wrong with that...?" he asked, a weird expression on his face.

"Oh, nothing. I just thought that you called me... um, another name. Sorry if I feel out of it right now, Sehun, I just... haven't gotten a lot of sleep so..." You tried to calm down. Jeez, were you really going crazy?

"You can go home today, noona. I don't think there's anything to do. Go home and sleep, alright?" Sehun smiled, and your heart swelled with pride. You were so proud that he'd grown to be such a gentleman.

"Are you sure?" You asked. The concept of resting sounded really appealing at the moment. 

"Yes, noona. You seem really tired, and if you need some more sleep, you should." Sehun nodded. 

"Well, alright. I'll leave one you leave for school, and I'll be back before you come back, alright?" You smiled reassuringly. Sehun seemed reluctant to agree, but nodded anyway.

"Alright. But you have to promise me that you're actually going to go home, alright? Pinky promise!" He stuck out his little finger, waiting for you to do the same.

"Huh? Oh, okay." You smiled and piny promised him. "Hurry up, though, you're going to be late."

"Okay noona! I'll see you later~ Go home, alright?" Your brother yelled as he grabbed his bag and ran out the door, waving.

"Bye..." You smiled, then let it drop, holding your head in your hands. After a few minutes, you finally made your decision and went to get a pen and some paper.

 

~~~~

 

"Kai! Hi~" Sehun ran into his friend while giggling about his rhyme, almost making Kai fall. 

"What the hell- oh." Kai frowed.

"What? What's wrong?" Sehun mirrored his friend's expression, wondering what caused Kai not to punch him for tripping him.

"Sehun..." Kai snorted. "Why do you have so many white hairs?"

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you all for waiting. <3