Suspicion

The brother's maid

Sehun stared at you as you ate. He was thinking about the theory he'd come up with and the clues he'd racked up. Although he hadn't eaten anything for multiple hours, he had no appetite and all he wanted was answers. He knew he couldn't just ask you, that would just be plain... weird. 

"Hun, are you not feeling hungry?" You asked him with a soft smile, breaking his train of thought. You glanced at his stew, which had been untouched since you'd served it. You knew something was wrong, but didn't want to inade is personal space. 

"Hmm? Oh, no, I was just... uh... looking at how good the food looks!" Sehun forced a smile as he ate a spoonful of the stew.

"Oh, umm, thanks." you bit your lip.

"Noona, do you have any siblings?" Sehun suddenly asked, causing you to raise your eyebrows. 

"No, I don't have any siblings." You fluidly lied, feeling a pang of guilt. "Why do you ask?"

"Hmm, I was just wondering about... you know. Se eun noona." Sehun sighed.

Your eyes widened. Had he figured out? You wanted to keep the promise to yourself of not telling him, but it was getting harder. You also knew Sehun would be terribly angry when he found out. You didn't want to lie to him, at the same time.

"Sehun..."

"Ah! That reminds me, we've never taken a selca together! Just wait a moment!" Sehun suddenly said and ran up to get his phone.

You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. 

No, he coudn't have known. He just couldn't.

****

"3... 2...1... kimchi!"

The two of you smiled as Sehun snapped the photo. he smiled brightly. 

"Thanks, noona." he grinned, looking a bit happier now. 

"Sehun, if you're not hungry right now, I can heat up some more stew when you want it." You said.

'Sure, that'd be great!" Sehun grinned. "Uh.. I have some homework to finish. I ate well!" 

He ran upstairs and closed his door. 

You just shook your head and laughed.

****

Sehun sat at his desk, analysing the picture. He'd taken it to try and see if there was resemblance between him and you. As he'd figured out before, your eyes were nearly identical to his. Your nose was a bit smaller than his, and your mouth was not very similar at all to his. This wasn't enough information for him, so Sehun observed your other features as well, but couldn't really find anything. Your hair colour was like his natural hair colour, but I could also be like anyone else's, and she could have died it. He didn't want to ask any questions, for you might get a bit suspicous. Your eyebrows were also a bit covered by your hair, no that was a no go. 

Sehun threw his phone onto his bed and banged his head against the table. Why was this so hard? He shook his head, wondering if he should just give up. Maybe his sister was really gone, as everyone else said.