-The past-

The brother's maid

flashback (Narrator's pov)

"OW!" Se eun screamed as her drunken uncle hit her with a metal rod, bruising her whole arm. She could smell the intoxication radiating from the abusive man. Her aunt was staring in fright, holding Se eun's nine month old brother, Sehun. She glanced at them, Sehun bawling his eyes out, voice slowly turning hoarse from sobbing for hours. 

Se eun fell to the ground in pain, and started getting dizzy. 

'Any time,' she thought, 'Any time now, our parents will come home and this terrible man will go to jail.' 

Se eun's parents were out on a date, and they'd always ask their brother and sister in law, Se eun and Sehun's aunt and uncle, to babysit them. Aunt Misun wasn' t a bad woman, not at all. She was very nice, and always did her best to take care of the children. But she wasn't very courageous, and could not even look her husband, who shared and arranged marriage with her, in the eyes. Their uncle, however, was an alcoholic and the only reason he agreed to "babysit" the kids was because since the Oh family was terribly rich, they had a large collection of fine wine. Uncle Jaehyun would go down to the storage room right after the Oh parents were out the front door and drank his heart out. Soon, he became a monster, and would start abusing Se eun, and when he turned around for her nine month old brother, she would take more hits. She knew, Sehun may not survive after her uncle's forceful hits.

"Get up, girl. Get up, or I'll hit your baby brother until his death." Jaehyun growled, fully knowing ts that this was her weakness. 

Gasping, Se eun rose, cringing, and then her uncle did something she never expected him to do- 

"Get out of the house. Get out, and never come back. If you do that, I swear I will never come back to this house again." he ordered. 

Se eun looked at the ground. She had to do this. She had to save her brother.

"Uncle Jaehyun, I will trust you on this and I will leave this house today." Se eun agreed, not fully knowing why he wanted this, but still went out anyways, giving a pleading look to her aunt. Her aunt understood, but remained frozen. Se eun sighed, wondering if her aunt would finally do something. She waited not so far away from her family's mansion, but so that no one in the house could see her. 

Minutes later, Se eun could hear sirens and her eyes widened. Her aunt… maybe she finally did something! 
The cars went to her house and about two minutes later, she could see her uncle getting dragged away, still not sober. 
Just on time, Se eun's parents arrive at the scene and were shocked when they heard what Se eun's uncle had done to her. 
Se eun watched the whole thing unfold and breathed out happily. She tried to walk to her parents in glee, but her leg wouldn't move.  She looked at it and saw that it was bruised and finally noticed how she could barely stand. With a look of panic, she tried to move her leg but finally, her leg gave away and she crumpled to the ground. 
Se eun's voice was sore and was throbbing from screaming while her uncle abused her. She sobbed quietly, thinking that maybe this was all for the best. Sehun barely knew her, so if she wasn't there, she wouldn't remind him of the terrible past.
And with that thought, she slowly drifted to sleep on the cold grass.