Chapter 2

Warrior/전사

Minhyuk looked into the mirror, stripped off his jeogori and stared at his bare-chested reflection. He flexed his biceps, but then sighed. He was bored and had nothing to do, and he wanted something more than palace life alone.

 

As for Yookyung, she was at a palace balcony, staring at the outside view. It was a cloudless sky blue and she was equally bored as well.

She rested her elbows on the balcony railings and sighed.

Eunkwang saw her, and walked just right up to her.

"Yookyung, is something wrong?" he asked.

"Huh? Oh, nothing, nothing," replied Yookyung hastily. "I'm just bored,"

"I see,"

"Sometimes I wish I had a life full of adventure and excitement," said Yookyung.

Eunkwang chuckled.

"Aren't you happy with the life you're having right now?" asked Eunkwang.

"Yeah but I'm kind of getting bored of being in the palace,"

"I'd hate to break it to you but we will have to continue to remain as princes and princesses, at least until we gain the throne. As princes and princesses it's our duties to have responsibilities to our kingdom and attend all the festivals and get to know our people and places,"

"I already do," said Yookyung, "I'm not a child anymore,"

"But Yookyung, you'll feel great when we're kings and queens, and we'll be able to do anything we want!"

"But I don't enjoy it," said Yookyung.

"Why not?"

"Because I'm tired of telling people what to do,"

"I see,"

"What if I said that I didn't want to be a princess anymore?"

Eunkwang sighed.

"Oh, um......I dunno what to say," said Eunkwang. "Oh well, things do change, I tell you,"

Eunkwang left the palace, but Yookyung was still thinking about what to do.

 

"But Mother!" said Minhyuk, "All we do it sit around in the palace and do nothing! All we do is nothing but sit around and do the same thing, can't I go on an adventure, all by myself?"

"I'm afraid not, as a prince you are too busy taking care of your kingdom. And if you mean leaving the palace, not unless every single family member is together since we are all a family. There are dangers out there; thieves, forest creatures, anything dangerous, you name it. Mother knows all the best for you, and you may soon change your mind. Forget about this for now, okay?"

Minhyuk sighed.

"Okay,"