Chapter 12

Warrior/전사

They started walking in the dark torch, holding a torch.

They were still walking, however now they had no idea where they were going. Before they knew it, they were lost.

They were about to panic when they heard a smooth, gentle voice call from a distance.

"Come in, don't panic,"

"Who is it?" Eunkwang called.

A light shone, forming a spotlight.

Sitting in the spotlight was an elderly man, welcoming them with a warm smile.

"The princes and princesses of Joseon, welcome. Please all have a seat," the elderly man gestured.

With a wave of his hands, fourteen cushions were laid out for all of them to sit down on.

 

After the fourteen each sat on a cushion, the man spoke again.

"I suppose you are on your adventure to hunting down the Mingyuntaek Rebellion, right?"

"Yes," they all answered.

"You are all very brave warriors. I can see that you have all worked so hard to come all the way here. For hundreds of years armies have been trying to hunt down the Mingyuntaek Rebellion, as it is like no other rebellion, since each rebel has the power to use magic whilst can be used as a source of defence. Therefore I must warn you that your weapons are not enough to kill the Mingyuntaek rebels, since because they have mastered in magic, they cannot be killed by just any sword or arrow,"

"They can't?" said Minhyuk, frustrated.

"I'm sorry, I'm afraid no, but I am here to help you all, so that you can all join the battle, and possibly win for the kingdom."

The man waved his hands, and fourteen pouches appeared.

"As you can see," said the man, "Each pouch has many different vials of potions. The potions that are in your couch are the Hunger Potion, to prevent you from getting hungry, the Rehydration Potion to quench your thirsts, the Herbal potion to heal any injuries, which can also be used as an ointment for wounds on the skin, the Defence Potion, the Strength Potion, and finally the Mind potion, in case of concussions or temporary loss of memory. As for the weapons, each of you will be blessed with a different type of weapon. When I call your name, you may come forward to receive your weapon. The first person up is the oldest of the group. Prince Eunkwang,"

Eunkwang stepped forward, given a long shiny sword and a shield with a picture of a volcano on it.

"This sword is known as the Sword of Power. It can bite through armour and stun people for a long period of time, as well as cause burns to a person's body. Since you are strong enough to handle such weapons like this, this, being the most powerful weapon of all, is laid upon your hands and I trust that you will handle this with responsibility and care. You also have a shield, which is effective for protection against fire and burns,"

"I will, sir," said Eunkwang.

"Chorong, you are granted with Sword of Eternity, which can protect you from any powers released by the Nature Crystals, as well as Nature Gloves and Boots to protect your hands and feet during punches and kicks when utilising the arts of Taekwondo and Hapkido.

Minhyuk, as to add to your strength and fighting skills, you are blessed with the Sword of Truth.

Bomi, as for your martial arts skills, you are given the same gear as your sister, Chorong, however you are also blessed with a Sword of Light, which can immediately harm a Mingyuntaek rebel when reflected in the sun rays. They are particularly sensitive to sunlight.

Changsub, to add to your magic skils, you are blessed with these magic jewels. They each have a function: Curse, Stun, Concussion, Wind, Heat, Typhoon, Fire, Water, Defence and Action. To use them, raise your desired jewel, and focus into it, and a beam of light will fly out implying that your desired spell is being processed.

Eunji, you are blessed with the Shell of Echoes. As for your singing voice, you can use this shell by singing into it, and your beautiful melodic voice will be able to stun the enemies for a while, giving you enough to attack them with the Mirror of Curse. When a villain looks into this mirror, they are cursed easily.

Hyunsik, as you are a talented archer, I bless you with the Bow of Elasticity, and the Arrows of Poison. Once you shoot at arrow at a villain, you will immediately able to stun them quickly, since as long as the potion remains in their bloodstream, they will be able to be killed within half a second.

Naeun, you will be blessed with the Bow and Arrows of Water. Once you shoot an arrow at someone, a massive layer of water will form around their body, drowning them.

Donggeun, you are granted with the Bow and Arrows of Fire. Similarly, a layer of heat and fire will form around the body of the person shot by the arrow.

Yookyung, to include to your talent in archery, you are blessed with the Mighty Bow and Arrows, the most powerful bow and arrows you ever dreamed of. They are the sharpest arrows in the world, and the bow is light but extremely flexible so you can stretch it as long as you wish to.

Ilhoon, you are granted with the Sword of Victory.

Namjoo, you are blessed with the Sword and Shield of Blood.

Sungjae, to add to your sword fighting skills, you are blessed with the Sword and Shield of Flesh and Bones. They are very powerful weapons and immediately pose a stunning effect to the opponents, knocking them down.

As for Hayoung, your talent in archery is blessed with the Bow and Arrows of Nature.

As you have all received your weapons, I am making my last way to help you, since I did what I can do so far. I am now opening a pathway out of this cave to the campsite of the Mingyuntaek, so within a short while, a doorway will appear, and you are free to head out. At the same time, your armours will all have an insulating layer which makes your armour at least five times as protective. This is all I can do, but I wish you all the best of luck,"

"Thank you," the fourteen thanked him.

Within a flash, the man was gone, and a huge exit appeared in front of them, leading them to a green meadow of trees, flowers and birds whilst the sky was cloudless blue.

"Let's go," said Eunkwang.