Chapter 14

Warrior/전사

Today was the day.

The sun was rising, glowing the sky a deep red as the rooster crowed first thing in the morning.

The fourteen stood up, waking from the cry of the rooster.

"That was the first," said Eunkwang, "We'd better get to the river and wash up, before the second crow of the rooster,"

As the fourteen headed out, they noticed that the river was completely surrounded with hundreds of soldiers.

They all took in a deep breath, and wedged through the soldiers, putting as much water on their faces as possible to wash them.

 

Once they were done, each prince and princess took a dose a potion to maintain their strength, before changing into their armours.

They set their weapons, on their armour, and all held hands in unison.

"Everyone," announced Eunkwang, "We are the Mighty Warrior Royals of the Kingdom of Joseon, and nothing shall happen to us. Should anything happen, we will all remain calm, and we will still be altogether inside, as we will care and support for one another. No matter what happens in this war, we will always love each other, and remember that even if we retreat, we have given it our all, and we will never give up. Anything. We will do everything it takes to save our kingdom and win against the rebels."

"Yes we can!" the fourteen all cheered as they embraced one another.

 

The princes and princesses headed to the open battlefield, just in time as the rooster crowed for the second time, ready to line up with the Joseon troops.

They all stood, ready to begin.

With daring eyes, they stared at their opponents, glaring back at them. Clenching their weapons tightly, they stared at the Mingyuntaek, looking dangerous as ever and growling at them, as they sat one knee on the ground as if a marathon was taking place.

Before long, the time was approaching.

Sweat trickled down the faces of the soldiers as they stared at their opponent.

Three.

Two.

One.

Tweet.

The whistle blew.

The war had begun.

Everyone stood up, ready to fight.