Chapter 13

Warrior/전사

Eventually they stepped out the cave, and were in a meadow, but this time they were in a campsite, with hundreds of different kinds of tents, and they were practically very near the mountains.

"This must be the campsite of the Mingyuntaek," said Eunkwang. "Everyone, get ready,"

They stepped in the campsite.

They walked in the campsite until they realised that this was the campsite of both the Joseon and the Mingyuntaek army.

At that moment, a man stepped out to them, greeting them.

"Welcome, Princes and Princesses of Joseon."

"Thank you sir,"

"I am the general of the Joseon Military. I presume that you are here to ally with the Joseon army, to possibly defeat against the Mingyuntaek Rebellion this time, correct?"

"Yes sir,"

"Well, the battle does not start until tomorrow, so I will follow you to a tent which you fourteen can all sleep in. There are thousands of troops from each side, so we have chosen the biggest tents for us to sleep in,"

They follow the general until they had a tent all to themselves.

Once they have settled, they asked again.

"Okay, where will be battle take place?" asked Chorong.

The general led them out the tent and followed them to a huge open field.

"Here is the battle field, where the battle will take place. The war will take place on open ground, so you do not have to worry about slipping or falling due to certain high altitudes or bumps in the ground. Since the battle starts after the second crow of the rooster, you have today to train yourself and prepare yourself for the war. For the time being, you may use this day to explore the campsite, but do not step over to the Mingyuntaek campsite; they are identified by their black tents, whilst the Joseon campsite tents are white. These Mingyuntaek troops are dangerous especially when you are unarmed, so do not even think about peeking. And beware of wolves and bears, they are active especially in the deep forests of this place,"

 

The fourteen went out and decided to use this day to explore prior to the war.

They noticed that there was a flowing river for them to drink and bathe in, so they jumped in and swam for a while, the cold water cooling them from the intense heat.

 

Not long after they were tired of playing and decided to head back to their tents.

"I'm starving," said Minhyuk. "What can we eat?"

"You don't remember the potions?" Chorong chuckled. "Take one sip and you'll be fine,"

Minhyuk chuckled.

He sipped a tiny bit, and within a flash his hunger was gone.

 

Hyunsik and Yookyung spent their times together practising their archery, with their new bows and arrows, whilst the rest examined their grand new swords. Eunkwang raised his sword towards the direction of the sun, whereas the sunlight gleamed in the shiny metal.

He focused carefully, and practised his moves. He practised spinning his sword in the air before catching it again.

"Eunkwang, that's dangerous!" said Naeun.

Sungjae, who was the best sword fighter continued to practice using his sword against wooden logs for substitutes to dummies, considering that he could not find any in the campsite.

 

As for Changsub, he was practising using his magic jewels.

"It works!" he told himself proudly.

 

The princes and princesses continued to practise until it was night and crickets came out to chirp.

"We'd better go to bed early," said Eunji, yawning, "I'm tired, we should all sleep early if we want to fight well,"

"You're right," said Bomi, "Let's go back,"

They went back into their tent and slept, anticipating the war against the Mingyuntaek to begin.