Chapter 4

Warrior/전사

"First up we'll have the basics," said the King as he set up dummies of different kinds, "Punching, kicking, and basically the arts of martial arts of our country, such as taekwondo, hapkido and taekkyeon,"

The fourteen tried their skills on all the dummies.

They punched, kicked and mimicked the arts of the martial arts. Bomi, Yookyung, Hyunsik, Minhyuk and Chorong were doing the best out of the group so far.

They continued the test until it was time for the next one.

 

The next test was the sword fighting and shield test.

As soon as each prince and princess had a sword and shield, swapping with different partners at times, they practised and practised until they eventually got the hang of it.

Sungjae and Hayoung were winning most of the battles.

 

The next was an archery test, in which they had to mainly focusing on shooting into the targets.

With Hyunsik and Yookyung's talent in archery, they managed to shoot into all the targets without missing one.

 

The fourth was an agility test, in which they were tested on their movement skills and techniques, and the ability to use teamwork to carry themselves to different places and heights, whilst the fifth was about weight lifting and climbing.

 

The training continued with the aid of the King and the Queen who have each served in an earlier war, until finally, their armours were ready, shiny steel armour ready for them, with red sashes, complete with the helmets.

"Well," said the King as each prince and princess got onto their horse, ready to find the campsite of the Mingyuntaek tribe, "I wish you all the very best. Take care, all of you, and I wish you a safe adventure. No matter what you are all still my sons and daughters,"

"I love you all," said the Queen, feeling very worried after giving a kiss on each prince and princess, "Best of luck to you all,"

"Bye Mother, bye Father," they all waved as the guards opened the palace gates for them, and they all set out on their journeys on their horses to find the Mingyuntaek tribe. "Are you sure you'll all be alright?"

"We will be," said Eunkwang, "Don't worry,"

"That's more like it," said the King, "And remember, you are the eldest of the group, and it's your responsibility as a big brother to take care of the rest,"

"I will, Father," said Eunkwang.

"That's my boy,"

 

The citizens made way for the princes and princesses as they rode their ways through the city paths, as the commoners bowed to them with full sincerity.