Chapter 5

My Girlfriend Belongs in a Nut House [HIATUS]

~Jiyong POV

I handed an apple to Dara when Seungri left.

“Do you want me to cut it?” I asked her, grabbing the plastic knife. She shook her head no. “Peel it?” She shook her head again. “Come on, let me do something for you~!”

“You got me food,” she said simply. Then she started going through everything on my tray. Ahah, I knew she’d be like this. You see this Seungri? I know her. We totally belong together. Together Forever <3 (A/N: LOL, pun? I’m gonna be implying on a lot of Big Bang songs.)

“Come on~~~” I insisted.

She looked at me and contemplated. “Hmm... Carve me something!” She pushed the apple into my hands.

“Bwo?”

“Carve me something!” She then gave an innocent smile.

Dara-ah! I won’t let you down!

I started on my masterpiece. Whilst working, I watched her eating in a carefree manner. I smiled to myself. At least she’s not letting the stories get to her. Unless, she’s just oblivious to it all... Also a possibility.

“TADA!” I said as I presented the carved apple.

She looked at it for about a second. “I’m sensing a reeeeally cheesy line coming.”

“Take care of my heart, Dara-ah~” I said. (A/N: like the apple in the Heartbreaker MV :D )

She just looked at me seriously. I put the apple in her hand. She took a bite off the apple and roughly chewed. “How does your heart feel?” she said, still apple-filled.

“Bitten...” I replied sadly, wincing and clutching at my chest. “And chewed.”

She broke into an amused smile which got me smiling in no time.

“Awwww~” she started, “my poor boyfriend’s heart is aching!” She put the apple down and quickly grabbed on to the half-eaten melon bread. “Let me feed you, jaggi~”

She was obviously overacting it – actually “overacting” is a nice way to put it – but I goofily smiled when she called me her boyfriend. Those fiancés of her need to back out because I got her under my skin. (A/N: Oh...that’s a DBSK line, Liane... try to stick to Big Bang.)

But the longer I looked at her, the more I saw through her mindset. “Yah...” I said. “Don’t do it...” She got closer to me. “Dara...” I pleaded. “You really want me to DIE?” She still edged closer.

“Not die...” she said. “Just feel enough pain and lack enough air for you to see that I’m not the best choice for a girlfriend.”

“But Dara...” I continued. I looked around. The place got silent and they were watching us. “They’re watching us.”

“Yeah, because I actually care.”

“Weren’t you concerned about the stories?” That’s right, Ji, distract her. Maybe she’ll forget that she’s about to kill me!

“I was just curious to what they were that made you persistent about me not hearing them.”

“You still haven’t heard? It’s all everyone’s been talking about here.” I tried grabbing her hand holding the bread.

“Oh...really? I wasn’t listening...” She wrenched her wrist from my grip and stuffed the bread into my mouth and down my throat.

I sighed as I tried to chew the mouthful. Once I saw her opening up another packet of bread, I grabbed the plastic knife. “ARRRGGHHRRRAAGGH. GHJJJOWWN.” (Dara. Don’t.)

I know I looked like a deranged chipmunk, and what’s worse is that we began to wrestle. Wresting with a girl, you say? Well...I kinda value my life. I still haven’t kissed her properly! I need to live to kiss her! And if I die, she’ll end up marrying one of her fiancés! I can’t die! I have life goals that need completing! I need to make finally reveal the face behind the name to the media! My songs! Oh no! I can’t die without—

There goes another piece of bread.

I grabbed what I could. Aha! The plastic knife! I pointed it at her and she began to laugh. “Aw, you make a cute chubby alien! I’ll go inform them right now.” She did her Antenna thing and left me choking...

AIR! AIR! AIR! Oh...breathe through your nose, Ji... I CAN’T! WHAT! WHY CAN’T I BREATHE! I CAN’T BREATHE! I CAN’T BREATHE! Note to self: “I can’t breathe...” is a catchy phrase. Maybe I can conjure a song from it. I STILL CAN’T BREATHE. DARAAAAA~ HELP MEEEEEE~ I waved the knife around aimlessly before Seungri came up behind me and slammed his hand on my back repeatedly.

Since when did he get here?

I held my hands up to him, motioning for him to stop. Then I chewed slowly. Oh God, Dara... You’re crazier than I thought. How cute~

“Hyung, put the knife down,” Seungri said.

After I put it down, he turned to Dara and began shouting. “YAH! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING TO MY HYUNG?!”

She looked up at him, grabbed the straws in his hand, impossibly stuck almost all of them into the tiny hole from the top of the soda can, and simply stated, “I was feeding him.”

I incredulously looked at Seungri and swallowed what was left of the bread. “You saw what she was doing and you just stood there and watched?

“No hyung! It’s just that—...keke, well it was interesting.”

Smack.

Sorry Seungri, you deserve that, I almost died.

“Seungri-ah,” Dara said suddenly as Seungri took his seat.

“Seungri-ah?!” he asked, surprised. “We’re not close, don’t call me that,” he snapped.

“Mianhe, I don’t have the patience to learn your last name.” Omo, he looks like he’s about to cry! Should I just watch or should I save him? Well...there are a lot of people looking now... I looked at the time on my phone. Great, we still have 40 minutes until lunch break ends!

“Seungri,” I said. “Do you have a class after this?”

He looked to me, grateful. “Ani. I’m done for the day.”

“Chincha? Can you bring Dara home?”

“I still have class,” she said even before Seungri had a chance to complain.

“You’re not going.”

“Then what was the point of coming to school today?!”

“To see me?”

“Aish!” Then she threw one of the many straws that Seungri brought over at me. “I brought my car,” she tried to reason. No point reasoning, Dara...

“I don’t want you doing home alone.”

“I can call ahjussi to pick me u—”

“Seungri’s taking you home,” I said with finality.

She put her soda can down and raised her eyebrow at me. “And if I don’t go with him?”


~Dara POV

“Seungri’s taking you home,” Jiyong said with finality.

I put my soda can down and raised my eyebrow at him. Who’s he to tell me what to do? “And if I don’t go with him?”

“You don’t have to go,” Seungri said. I noticed how Jiyong immediately shot him a glare.

“Well I guess it’s settled then! I’m heading to the roof to nap until my next class,” I finished what was left of my soda and stood. I started to make my way up and I half expected Jiyong to grab my wrist but he didn’t. That’s odd... Anyway, I walked out of the dining area and didn’t fail to notice all the eyes that followed me out.

I kind of understand where that Kwonjiral (A/N: I’m not sure what it means, anyone got a clue?), but he’s just way overboard. I already heard what everyone was saying. And I’m not one bit fazed. I encountered worse things abroad. Trust me when I say this, but while Koreans gossip modestly, Americans spit at your face. Yuuuuuck~ Western spit. (A/N: no offense.)

Or well...it is his fault right? That’s why he’s being overprotective? Because he knows this wouldn’t have happened if not for him? Aigoo, if you’re feeling guilty, you should just withdraw! Why make it harder for yourself, eh?

What a stupid alien brain.

I jogged up the emergency stairs, keke, and unlocked the door to the roof of the English Building with my very useful ring of keys. I remembered to lock the door from the outside before putting down my things and getting down on the cement.

I used my bag as a pillow and just stared at the sky. The weather implied that it was good day (A/N: IU? <3), but I wasn’t having such a good day. I missed all my morning classes thanks to that alien.

Let’s not think about him. Thinking about him makes my blood rise and I just want peace for the next hour or so.

I miss appa... And omma... And Durami...

I closed my eyes as I replayed memories of them.

The last time I saw appa was a month ago, before I started in the university. We met at the airport. But that was only for a few minutes. Before that, the last time I saw him was three years ago. I miss him. He’d scold me whenever I did something stupid — which is quite often —  and just before I could shed a tear, he would hug me and say, “Neun pabo.”

Omma, well, she missed appa too. When I was abroad with her, sometimes she would break down because she missed him so much. And Durami and I would just hug her. Then she would ask him to dance and sing for her and that’s when Durami and I would start fighting, arguing on who’s going to do it while omma is laughing at us.

I mean, I’m glad I get to spend more time with Sanghyun now, but he thinks I’m a little odd and stays away. That doesn’t stop me from creeping into his bed in the middle of the night and just hugging him. He’s always has this strong front, but I don’t think he minded whenever I slept next to him. I know that he’s a light sleeper, yet he never pushed me away when I hugged him. (A/N: We all know from Idol Army that Cheondung is NOT a light sleeper, but just play along that he’s a light sleeper, arasso?)

I like to hug my cute dongsaeng when he’s awake too, making up for all the years we didn’t spend together, but it’s when he’s awake that he pushes me away. But it’s okay, because he does it cutely while complaining!

You see, my family moved to New York when my father’s company became international. But due to other business issues, my father was constantly being called to Korea and soon, he decided to settle there, bringing Sanghyun with him. Durami and I were already in highschool and he thought it would be difficult if we moved again, and so omma, Durami and I stayed behind.

Isn’t it weird though that he was concerned about moving us when we were in highschool, but he practically begged me to transfer in the middle of the semester and on my third year in college? Appa is an odd man.

If appa was here, the rumors would instantly vanish. No...that Kwon Jiyong would immediately leave me alone. Keke, that would be great. Appa would send him back to whatever planet he came from. I placed my pointer fingers on the sides of my head and contacted the aliens.

“ALIEN-SSHI! PLEASE TAKE BACK THAT KWON JIYONG! GIVE ME MY PEACEFUL LIFE BACK! I KNOW YOU PROBABLY DON’T WANT HIM BACK, BUT I SWEAR, IF HE DOESN’T LEAVE SOON, I MIGHT JUST FALL FOR HIM!”

Omo! What did I say? Aigoo, I’m going crazy. I was just spouting and that came out. I started to laugh at myself, “Aigoo, he’s infecting me with his disease!”

“Tch,” I heard someone say. My eyes snapped open and landed on Seungri who was leaning on the rail, looking at me.

“You’re a little pathetic,” he said.

I sat up, took off one of my Steve Madden flats, and threw it at him. He could have easily caught it but instead, hedodged.

OMO! OMO! OMO! MY SHOE!

I could hear my shoe shouting as it fell from the top of the building, Sandaraaaaaa! it said. Sandara, saaaaaaveeee meeeee! I’m expensive and though you don’t have a problem with money, we spent good times together! Sandaraaaa—UEHJDQIOJS.

MY. SHOE. IS. DEAD.

“Steeeeeevvvvvveeeeee!” I cried out as my shoe landed on the ground four floors down.

Seungri watched me... “You name your shoes?”

“YAH! GO GET IT RIGHT NOW OR ELSE I’M GONNA THROW YOU OFF FROM UP HERE!”

He nonchalantly sighed and put his hands in his pockets. “I’ll get it if you let me bring you home.” (A/N: Sorry that Korea’s Panda is OOC. He’s gonna get back into character later. He’s just being cold towards Dara, that’s all! Hope you don’t mind.)

“You don’t even like me, now why would you want to bring me home?”

“Hyung begged me,” Seungri said with a knot on his brow.