Chapter 6

My Girlfriend Belongs in a Nut House [HIATUS]

~Seungri POV

This is awkward... Like really.

Sandara Park, the girl who rejected me in front of everyone, my hyung’s “girlfriend,” like he said, is sitting in my car, repeatedly poking my cheek.

And I was ignoring her. UNTIL SHE STARTED SINGING.

“Aish!” I exclaimed in frustration, hitting the wheel.

From my peripheral vision, I saw her smirk. This is bad, hyung’s going to kill me if I let her get away.

“Seungri-ah,” she said with a smile. I took in a deep breath to calm myself.

“Seungri-ah,” she continued, “You know, you look like a panda.”

“How?” I asked through gritted teeth.

“Well your eyes,” she then encircled her hands around my eyes, nearly covering my vision. Panicked, I swerved and stomped on the brake. We skidded to a stop and I turned to her.

“PARK-SSHI!” I shouted. “Get out of my car,” I continued in a deadly tone.

She gladly stepped out of my car and slammed my door shut. She bent forward and peeked at me through the tinted window. “KAMSA!” she mouthed, and I stepped on the gas.

Forget it. Hyung can kill me.


~Dara POV

And so I walked the rest of the way home. For every other step, my foot made a squish sound. AEENNNGGGGG~ (A/N: whining sound? LOL, I didn’t know how to put it in letters XD but it’s like how IU was whining about Jason and stuff in Dream High after the karaoke? Yeah :D)

Annoyed, I stomped around in circles...which made my predicament worse.

I went and dug through my bag to call my donsaeng but he wasn’t picking up. EHhhhhh, why isn’t he picking up? Maybe I should call Lee Ahjusshi...but he’ll tell my appa what happened... AISH.

Then my phone started ringing, and lo and behold, it was that ahjusshi.

“Ahjusshiiiiii!” I whined into the phone. I sat on a nearby bench as cars zoomed past me.

“Sandara-nim, Jiyong—”

“JIYONG? That KWONJIRAL?”

“Sandara-nim!” Ahjusshi scolded me.

“Yaaaahhhh~ Ahjusshi, how do you even know that guy? He left me on the sidewalk! I didn’t know you associated with...THAT kind of people. He’s not very good company, I suggest you cut off all ties with him and—”

I heard him sigh through the other line and I immediately stopped talking. “Ahjusshi?”

“I’ll pick you up, where are you?” his tired voice said.

I was silenced. Why did Ahjusshi sound so tired? Was it because of me? Ahhhh! I hope not. Omo, what if it is? I feel so bad, wahhhhhhhhhhhhh~~ I started sniffling.

“Sandara-nim?”

...

“Sandara-nim! Are you hurt? Sandara-nim!”

“It’s okay, ahjusshi. You go rest.” I hanged up before he could say anything else.

And almost immediately, my phone began ringing again. It was an unregistered number.

“Yoboseyo?”

“DARA!”

“YAH! KWON JIYONG!” I shouted as soon as I recognized him through the little nickname he gave me. “DID YOU KNOW THAT YOUR LITTLE FRIEND LEFT ME ON THE STREET? AND MY SHOE IS WET AND MUDDY BECAUSE HE THREW IT OFF THE ROOF EARLIER. AND I’M A GAZZILLION BLOCKS AWAY FROM MY HOUSE. AND IT’S GETTING REALLY HOT AND I DON’T HAVE AN UMBRELLA. MY POOR SKIN! YAH! KWONJIRAL. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND—”

“Dara, when did you have such a dirty mouth?”

...That was not Kwonjiral. “Nugu...?” (A/N: I’m pretty sure it’s supposed to be “DUGU?” but the translator doesn’t say so...)

“YAH! You forgot me already?” The guy in the other line began to laugh.

“...” Who is this? “Yah, I’m hanging up—”

“DARABBIT!”

...Darabbit? LE GASP. “OPPA!” I cried into my phone, a big smile on.

But suddenly, my phone disappeared from my hand.

I looked up and there stood that Kwonjiral.

“Nugusayo?” he said, speaking to the person on the other line.

“Yah! Give it back!” I screamed at him, and kicked his shin.

Before my phone dropped to the sidewalk, I caught it. I smiled triumphantly at my ninja skills. I’m so good, they could have casted me on that movie from like 5 years ago...what was it called again? The one with the really cute actor, Jung Il Woo... Oh yeah! “The Return of Iljimae.” That was good movie.

Speaking of movies, “OPPA!” I said again.

“Who was with you?”

“Nobody. I—”

“I missed you...”

I smiled to myself. Eeeeeeeeeep! He said he missed me! He said he missed me! Should I tell him I missed him too? It’s been...8 years since I last spoke to him? I mean, spoke to him with him talking back, that is. “Ah, of course you did,” I spouted as Kwonjiral made to grab my phone.

What did I say? I mentally facepalmed myself and I pushed Kwonjiral’s face away from me. “Oppa, let’s—”

“Are you busy? You seem to be—”

“NO! No, I’m not!”

Oppa laughed in the other line. “Come on, you sound like you’re in the middle of something. Oh and you said you’re stuck on the streets? Do you want me to pick you up? Just tell me where.”

“Actually,” I said as I wrestled with Kwonjiral, “no, I’m fine...I just...ugh, okay, it’s kind of a bad time—”

“I’ll just call you back later tonight then? Then we’ll have dinner and catch up and such.”

“Yes! That’d be great!”

He laughed again. “Okay, great, I’m hanging up.”

Smiling, I brought the phone away from my face. But my smile immediately fell as my eyes landed on Kwonjiral.

“YAH!” he shouted to my face. “WHO IS THIS OPPA?”

I realized we were lying awkwardly on the bench, him on top of me and I quickly pushed him away.

I fixed my hair and smirked down at him who was sitting on the sidewalk where he landed after I pushed him off.

“That was Lee Minho,” I said. “The actor.”


~Jiyong POV

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was laughing my foot off, but she still looked so serious. Aigoo, she even stressed the “actor” part.

“You don’t have to make up nonsense you make me jealous, Dara-ah. I’m already all yours!” I got up from the ground, sat beside her and pulled her into a hug. She tried to push me off, but I was prepared this time and held on.

“You know what, Dara-ah,” I said as I nuzzled her head. “I—”

“YAAAAHHHH~” she whined. “It’s really hot! We’re under the sun and uggghhhhh, I’m getting sticky and you’re making it worse and—”

“Be quiet first, neh?”

“NO. YOU’RE ALWAYS TELLING ME WHAT TO DO AND AISH, IT’S STILL REALLY HOT, MOVE AWAY, I’M GOING TO BITE YOU AGAI—”

“I don’t mind...”

“Yahhhh~~” She managed to wiggle her arms free and began to punch in a few keys on her phone.

“Yah, what are you doing?” I asked, purely curious.

“I’m sending oppa a message to come save me,” she said while her eyes were still glued to her phone. I let her free and grabbed her phone.

“Opppaaaaa!” I read in monotone. “I’m being held captive kyaaaa. Ottoke, oppa???!!! Come save meeeee. Save me and I’ll buy you dinner, arasso?” I smirked. “Do you think LEE MINHO will come save you? Let’s see.” I typed the address to my apartment before sending the message.

“Palli!” I said to her, jumping up and tossing her phone back. I motioned for her to grabbed my hand, but my awaiting hand was coldly ignored... Dear Hand, don’t feel bad, she’ll soften up. ‘I said PALLI. I sent your,” and I used air quotations, “ ‘oppa’ my address. Let’s wait for him at my place.”

“Aigoo, you’re so arrogant thinking I’ll just go with you to your place?” Dara looked up at me in disgust.

“Oh, so you’re not confident that your oppa will come to my apartment to save you?”

“HE WILL!”

“Then why are we letting him wait? Get in the car.”

Then her phone began to ring, but I grabbed it from her, turning it off before she could answer.

“YAH!”

“I looked at her innocently. “We need to make it seem real so that he’ll come for sure. If you were really held captive, do you think your captors would let you answer you phone?”

“Aish, I don’t even think you’re keeping my phone for role play purposes... Are you jealous?”

“Yes.”

She was silent, looking at me in amazement. “You didn’t even deny it.”

“There’s no use doing so,” I said before taking the few steps to my car which was parked on the curve. “Kajja.”

She practically dragged herself to my car. Before getting in, she faced me with a seriously look. “You need to turn my phone back on though.”

“Wae?” I got into the car and she followed suit. Once her door slammed shut, I continued, “If you’re worried about Lee Ahjusshi, he knows you’re with me so—”

“How do you know him?”

I shrugged one shoulder and proceeded to put the gear on drive.

She was silent for a few seconds and then, “Does that mean you know who my appa is?”

A small smile made its way to my lips. “I’ve had a guess ever since you brought out that ring of keys. Only a handful of students have access to that thing. Seungri has them too.”

“Ahhhh, that explains how he got on the roof...” she mumbled.

“But yes.”

“Bwo?”

“Yes, I now know who your father is.”

“And you’re still—”

“Yah, why so many questions? Be quiet now.”

“NO,” she said stubbornly.

“This oppa of yours,” I said to redirect the conversation, and also for my own curiosity, “is he more handsome than me?”

“Who said you were handsome?” she snapped.

I laughed. “Everyone does, Dara-ah. So is he?”

“I told you, he’s Lee Minho.”

“So, I’m more handsome then!”

She turned to me wearing a disgusted look. “Do you need your eyes checked?? Better yet, I’ll just go pluck them out right now.” She scooted closer to me and formed hooks with her pointer fingers.

I leaned away, “YAH! I’m driving!”

“So when we stop, then, arasso?”

“Only if you let me see you bare before you pluck my eyes out, then yes.”

“See me bear what?”

I glanced at her. Is she joking? No...this woman does not joke with me unless it had something to do with killing me... “Never mind... anyway we’re here.”

She peered through the window and up at the four-story building.

I led her out and into my apartment. It wasn’t much; I lived on the 2nd floor, a one-bedroom. I punched in the key code and let her in, but as soon as she stepped in through the door, she ran back out and slammed my door shut.

I looked at her who was now leaning on the rail, looking at me. “You have a dog...”

“Yeah, it’s—”

“I SAW IT.”

“I KNOW. His name is Gaho. Let’s go,” I punched in the key code for a second time but she stopped my hand from pushing down on the handle. She’s practically holding my hand...OMO, she’s holding my hand... Blushing a bit, I looked at her, but I was taken back.

“Yah,” I said, panicking after seeing her ashened face. “Kenchana?”

“I-I don’t like...dogs,” Dara whispered.

I watched her for about five seconds. “AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Aigoo, Dara-ah, you’re scarier than Gaho! AHAHAH! You, as a human, like to bite people. But he...Gaho, a DOG, just likes to sleep! AHAHAHAHAH!” (A/N: Remember that one episode of YG TV where GD introduced puppy Gaho to 2NE1? LOL, Dara and her fear of dogs. And the whole, "You're actually more scary than him" bit is from that episode too.)

“Yahhhh!” she began pulling at my arm, trying to lead me to the staircase. “Yaaaaah, Jiyong-ahhhh.”

Jiyong-ah? JIYONG-AH? Did I hear her properly? I was momentarily shocked and she was able to pull me, having me take a few steps.

“Jiyong-ah?” I asked her.

She stopped. “Bwo?” Then her eyes darted to my door. “Kajja, palli palli! PALLIIIII!” When I wouldn’t move and just continued to look at her, still surprised – I mean, she called me by my NAME... –, she exclaimed, “Aish!” and let go of me, making a dash for the stairs.


~Min Ho POV

I received a weird message from Dara. I doubt it was anything serious seeing as how she invited me to dinner, but I drove to the said destination just in case.

“203...” I mumbled as I jogged up to the 2nd floor.

In the staircase, this slim girl in red jeans slammed into me. I steadied her by grabbing onto her arms. She looked up at me, muttering, “Mianheyo.” (A/N: I’m not sure about Korean honorifics, but every time I talked to my Korean friend’s mom in Korean, she would correct me, like when I say, “Komawo,” she’d say, “It’s komawoyo.” So...I’m not sure if it applies to everything else, but correct me if I’m wrong?) Then she gasped, grasping at my face. Like seriously, her two hands covered my face almost completely. “OPPA!” she said.

Omo, is she a fan? I let her go, took a step back and bowed to her.

“OPPA!” she said again and then hugged me, burying her face on my chest.

I looked up to see this man at the top of the stairs. “DARA-AH!” his anger-filled voice echoed in the staircase.

I looked down at the girl who clutched at me. “Darabbit?”