Chapter 8

My Girlfriend Belongs in a Nut House [HIATUS]

~Jiyong POV

It’s been two days since I gave the university’s president a call. It’s been two days since my abeoji gave me a call. It’s been two days since I last spoke to Dara. It’s been two days since I last saw her. I haven’t attended class in two days. Aish, these past two days have been really stressful.

##FLASHBACK##

I ran out to my car the moment Gaho’s silence gave me my answers.

I’m out to stalk my girlfriend, kekeke.

They left more than 10 minutes ago, but I’m sure he’d drop her off her house first, seeing as dinner was still hours away. So I sped to her house and sure enough, a fancy car was parked outside of it. Tch, he’s so showy.

Okay good, they’re still inside the car.

As I was about to rush to them when my phone rang. “Aish! What do you want?”

“Jiyong.”

“Ah! Abeoji!”

“Yah, Kwon Jiyong, I didn’t raise you to raise your voice at me.”

“I’m sorry, abeoji,” I said absentmindedly as I waited for Dara and Lee Min Ho to get down from the car. Why aren’t they getting down?

“Never mind. I need you to come to the company.”

“Waeyo? I thought I wasn’t allowed there.”

“Do you know Lee Min Ho? That award-winning actor?”

Aish. Why is abeoji talking about him? “Deh,” I said with gritted teeth.

“He’s the sole heir to LE Corp.”

“Deh...” I said lazily. “DEH? BWO? LE CORPORATIONS? The one that—”

“Yes. Jiyong, as we speak, LE Corp is stomping all over us. Now get over here this instant; I’m lifting the banishment. Come now before I—”

“Abeoji. That Lee Min Ho is engaged to Sandara Park.”

“Park...”

“Deh. And they’re together right now. So I’m just going to get Sandara Park quickly away from him and then head over to the company, arasso?”

“Jiyong! Don’t—” I hanged up.

I ran across the street and knocked on the passenger’s side window.

Dara opened the window. “YAH! KWON JIYONG! LEAVE RI—”

“Kwon Jiyong?” Lee Min Ho asked suddenly.

I glared at him.

Dara then said, “Deh, he was the one I needed rescuing from earlier.” RESCUING? When did I ever put her in danger? -___-

Lee Min Ho leaned over Dara to look at me. Oh. No. He. DIDN’T.

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” I burst. “STOP LEANING ON HER! WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SKINSHIP! STOP THIS! DO YOU WANT A RESTRAINING ORDER ON YOU LEE MINHO-SSHI?! I’M SERIOUS! STOP TOUCHING! AHHHHHHHHHH! OMO! MY TEARS ARE STARTING TO FORM! DARA-AH~~~”

“Kwon Jiyong?” Lee Min Ho asked for the second time.

“Why do you care? Give me back my Dara~~!”

“From Kwon Industries?”

I froze. That’s right. LE Corp is Kwon Industries’ rival in the business world. And he knows me already... My abeoji’s words rang in my head, LE Corp is stomping all over us...LE Corp is stomping all over us...

I quickly looked to Dara. Does she know about the rivalry? Aigoo, she doesn’t even know who I am! Okay, okay, so how to fix this... apologize? Apologies are like magic right?

“I just wanted to say sorry for kind of kidnapping you today Park-sshi. Mianheda,” I said, bowing.

Then I walked to my car. What a stupid apology, Jiyong!

Dara’s engaged to the heir of LE Corp. And I’m the heir of... WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT? I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS. I’m going to get Dara back right now.

I turned to go back to that Lee Min Ho’s fancy car when my phone rang.

“WHAT?” I answered angrily.

“JIYONG!”

“AIGOO! ABEOJI! FORGIVE ME FORGIVE ME.”

“Jiyong, I know how you are, and you’re probably not even going to come here even if I begged you. But I’m still going to beg you.”

“Abeoji... Hyung is there and—”

“This company needs you, Jiyong. Your sister’s husband is not a Kwon.”

“I’m not interested—”

“Jiyong please...for your mother.”

“But umma...” I stopped short. “Arasso,” I said, giving Lee Min Ho and Dara – who now just exited the car – one last look before entering my car and driving away.

As I entered the company’s main building, the staff bowed in my direction, but I did not fail to see the looks they gave each other before doing so. I sighed as I pressed the up button for the elevator.

One brave soul dared approach me as I waited for the elevator. “Umm,” she said as I sized her up. She probably likes me... “Kwon-nim—”

“I have a girlfriend,” I said, letting her down quickly.

She looked surprised at what I said and looked around at her co-workers. “And I’m married...” she said quietly.

“Okay, then we don’t have a problem.” The elevator doors opened and I walked in, tapping on my designated floor. As the elevator doors were closing, I saw the employee who approached me shake her head as though she missed something...

“Abeoji, I...” I trailed off as I saw who were in the conference room with him. Okay so there’s my father... and my sister... and my brother-in-law... is that my uncle? Then there’s my father’s lawyer... and my lawyer... MY LAWYER?

“Yah, what’s he doing here?” I said, pointing at my lawyer. I never liked him...

“Ji,” Dami noona said. “Remember when—”

“I’m only here to help with whatever you got yourselves into this time,” I said. “After this, I’m out again and the—”

“Jiyong, you were made into Kwon Industries sole heir,” abeoji stated plainly.

“BWO????” I whipped to each of them, but they all seemed pretty serious about it. “I pulled out of this two years ago...” I pointed out. “You must be joking...”

“It was never made legal.”

I looked at my father in disbelief. “Yes it was...” I pointed at my lawyer, “I even gave my seal to Lawyer-ahjusshi over there to make everything official—” I stopped when my lawyer brought out my seal...

HOLY CRAP, JIYONG WHAT DID YOU EAT TWO YEARS AGO THAT MADE YOU SO STUPID?

I banged my head at my end of the long conference table and cursed.

“Jiyong...” abeoji warned.

“ABEOJIIIIIII~ I’M KWON JIYONG~”

“Exactly why you’re going to take over me.”

I looked to noona, but she was avoiding my gaze. “I don’t even like doing business!”

“Then why didn’t you pull out of your business courses?”

I was silenced. Why didn’t I? After umma fought for my right to do music two years ago, why didn’t I pull out of the business courses? WHY. DIDN’T. YOU. PULL. OUT. OF. THEM. KWON. JIYONG. I believe I truly ate something bad that day two years ago. I seriously couldn’t have been that stupid.

I turned my head to the glass wall-window thing that overlooked Seoul, as though I finally found the sky enlightening, and scratched my neck.

“So, it’s settled then!” hyung said, getting up from his seat. “Let’s go yeobo.” Noona and him left the room just like that. I glared at the door they exited from.

“Abeoji...” I started.

Abeoji got up and motioned for the lawyers to leave, then he followed after them. As he was reaching near the door, he said, “We need to discuss this issue about LE Corp and Park’s daughter. Meet me in my office in 10 minutes.”

“I’m not giving up G-Dragon.”

Abeoji turned to me. “I’m not going to take away what your mother fought for. It was one of the last things she did before she...” he said sadly. Then he cleared his throat and looked at me straight in the eye. “But I’m going to put limitations.”

“ON GD?”

“Yes,” then he turned again. “Remember, my office.” Then he was gone.

“Aish. G-Dragon does not have limitations,” I said to myself.

I then took out my phone and dialed my manager. “HYUNG!” I said when he picked up.

“Oh, Jiyong,” manager-hyung replied. “Your father called me just a few hours ago and—”

“Wait, he did?” I asked. Hah, abeoji decided everything before approaching me? Just great.

“Deh. It’s decided. Your contract was revised and everything. You’re going to remain a ghostwriter.” (A/N: a little fun fact: As sad as it sounds, YG actually has their very own ghostwriter named David Lee. LOL, idk why his name is even available to the public, but I just hope he’s not behind GD, that’d make me cry. Omo, but having a ghostwriter under my favorite entertainment company could mean that everything I like about Big Bang and 2NE1 and Gummy and Se7en is a LIE... I will now erase this “David Lee” from my memory. You should too.)

“Hyung, how could you say that so simply?”

Hyung cleared his throat from the other line. “Umm, well your father was to invest in the company as long as his few terms were fulfilled. Your contract was one of them.”

“Hyung!”

“Mianhe, Jiyong. Let’s talk some other time, arasso? Teddy and Perry are at it again, I have to get this on tape. Annyeong!” Then he hung up.

I sighed. I wonder what Dara’s doing now? Oh! Didn’t abeoji say something about Dara? Maybe he’s going to talk Park Donghyun (A/N: lol, made up name) out of marrying Dara to that trash actor. I smirked and skipped my way to abeoji’s office three floors up.

The rest was business. (A/N: I didn’t wanna bore you with the business talk so... ^^)

##END FLASHBACK##

I can’t wait to see Dara tomorrow. I smiled to myself as I entered the VIP Lounge.

“Omo, you’re still alive!” Bom said when she saw me.

“Ha ha, very funny. Are they upstairs?”

“They’re always there,” she said, rolling her eyes.

“Ara, kamsa noona.”

I climbed up the stairs and spotted Daesung and Seunghyun playing pool.

“OH! Ji! You’re alive!” Seunghyun said, clapping.

“Tch. Where are the others?”

“Youngbae,” Daesung replied, gathering the balls together from the net for a new break shot, “his manager called him just earlier. Something about the music video.”

I inwardly sighed, but Seunghyun caught it.

“Yah, kenchana?” he asked.

“Kenchana. How about Seungri?”

“He hasn’t been here for the past two days either,” Daesung answered me.

“Bwo?”

“Deh. Omo...” he stopped and counted the balls. “How is that even possible?”

“Wae?” I asked, coming up to the pool table to see what the problem was.

“Aish!” Seunghyun exclaimed, scratching the back of his head.

“Hyung, waeyo?” I asked again.

“Youngbae left in the middle of a play and he still won!” Seunghyun said in disbelief as Daesung shook his head.

“Start a new one,” I said before grabbing a pool stick and cue. “Aren’t you worried about Seungri?”

“Nope,” Daesung said nonchalantly.

“Nah,” Seunghyun said too.

I paused and just looked at them.

Then Daesung met my eye and explained himself, “It’s not that we don’t care! Much... It’s just that... well YOUcame back fine, right?”

“Right...” I said, narrowing my eyes.

“He’s probably with his fiancée,” Seunghyun said. “He mentioned something about that before he disappeared? I think?”

“Deh,” Daesung replied.

“Fiancée?” I asked, surprised.

“Deh. Are you jealous, Ji?” Seunghyun smirked at me.

“Tch. I have Dara.”

“Hmm, that Dara is a little...off,” Daesung said. “Pretty...but off. You’re perfect for each other! From what I saw that one day though, she wasn’t into you...” he laughed.

“YET,” I said. “She’s going to soften up.”

“Whatever you say. Your turn.”

I moved to the other side of the pool table and lowered myself. As I aimed the cue ball to hit the 8, someone came up from the stairs. I straightened up. “Dara...”

She looked around the room until her eyes landed on me, she scoffed.

Then Seungri came up behind her.

What’s going on? Sht... He couldn’t be right? “Seungri, what’s your last name?”

“Umm,” he said, obviously confused. “Lee?”

“Yah, didn’t you say you’d be with your fiancée?” Daesung asked. “Why are you with Ji’s girlfriend?”

Seungri grabbed Dara’s arms and hid behind her.

Dara was obviously not happy about being used as a human shield as she tried to wrench her way out of my donsaeng’s grip.

I put my pool stick down and took a step forward, “Seungri...”

“Hyung?” he replied, looking at my feet.

I took another step forward and he dashed back down the stairs squealing, “EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...”

I ran after him, but when I reached Dara who stood planted on the spot, doing her Antenna thing, I stopped and hugged her. “I missed you jaggi,” I then planted a sloppy kiss on her cheek and went after Seungri before she could hit me. Or bite me – not that I would have minded.

“NOONA~~~ NOONA~~~” Seungri went and ran around the restaurant.

The few late night guests turned to watch him.

Bom laughed nervously before smacking me on the arm with the thick menu book. I turned to her with big eyes. “It’s HIS fault,” I pointed in Seungri’s direction. He was now hiding under a table.

“I KNOW YOU’RE THERE.”

I was smacked again.

“Noona!”

“Shikeureo!”

I instantly did the U-Kiss move upon hearing her:



Dancing did me no good, aside from earning me another smack.

“But Bommie-noona~~” I whined to her. “He stole my girlfriend~~ Ottoke???”

She scowled at me. “Bring it outside. You two disappeared for two days and oh how I LOVED those two days. LEAVE.”

I cringed at her powerful voice and walked over to the table Seungri hid in. I grabbed him and dragged him outside. “NOONAAAA~~” he cried out as I pulled him by the arm...and the legs...

“HYUNG! I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW I WAS UP FOR AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE! I SWEAR!”

I hit him on the back of his head. “You’re the son of one of the most powerful men in South Korea. If it was up to you, you’d end up handing over all your money and property and status by marrying some lady gambler. ARRRGGGH ALL THIS TIME YOU WERE THE OTHER LEE!”

“YAH! How about you! You too! You shouldn’t even be dating Dara!”

I grinned from ear to ear. “All will resolve itself in time, our baby Seungri...” I patted him on the head.

Then I happily walked back into VIP Lounge.

Dara already came down from upstairs and was chomping on a chicken leg at the counter. I looked a Bom. “You expect to attract customers like that?” I asked her, motioning to Dara.

Dara rolled her eyes at me and bit off a huge piece of chicken.

I came up to her and took a hold of her wrist, guiding the chicken leg to my mouth. “KAZZCHA,” I said while chewing. “I’ll take you home.”

She wrenched her hand from me and smacked me right on the face with the chicken leg. She dropped the chicken leg back on the plate then she stomped away to the entrance where Seungri just appeared. “Seungri-ah’s bringing me home.” She took a hold of his arm which surprised both me and Seungri.

“You don’t even like him, why are you suddenly all...all...over him,” I gagged.

“Appa told me to be nice to my fiancés,” she said simply and pulled Seungri out of the restaurant.

I smirked. “Oh really?”