Chapter 1

My Girlfriend Belongs in a Nut House [HIATUS]

 

~Dara POV

I don’t like big crowds. I never did; which was why I was surprised at all the attention I was receiving when I entered the University of Seoul. I mean, I know it was a little strange that I only started attending my classes right smack in the middle of the semester, but did my schoolmates really need to flock about me and follow me around?

That’s what I tried to explain to the head of the Disciplinary Committee.

“You bit his arm until it bled, Park-sshi,” she said tiredly.

“He touched me!” I reasoned. “Aish!

“We’re going to have to call you father—”

“NO!” I stood from my seat. “I won’t do it again! I promise!”

The woman looked at me, perplexed. “Who in their right minds would do that in the first place?” she muttered, but I heard her and rolled my eyes.

“Come on,” I pleaded. “Just let me off this one time? Next time I’ll just...” My voice trailed off as she gave me a stern gaze. “I’ll just ask him to remove his hands nicely?”

She sighed. “We’re still marking your name on the watch-list, arasso?”

“Neh.”

She nodded at the door and I skipped out.

In the halls, I ran into the boy who I bit just minutes ago; he was sitting in front of the nurse’s office, retying a bandage on his arm.

I gasped upon seeing him wince. His head shot up. He looked straight at me and visibly shivered.

“Umm...” I didn’t know what to say. I wanted to say sorry, but he was at fault too...

“Mianhe,” he muttered, looking down.

“Mianhe?”

“Neh. I didn’t mean to touch your...umm, your chest,” he blushed. “Iwasjustsupposedtotapyourbackbutyousuddenlyturnedandand...and...”

My mouth formed a small O.

I slowly approached him and sat on the seat next to his. “Does it still hurt?”

“Not really,” he replied. I poked his wound. “YAH!”

“You liar.” I leaned over him to see through the little window on the office’s door. “Is anyone in there?”

He shook his head.

I hopped up and scavenged my bag. I brought out a ring of keys. I brought each key near to my face and read the labels.

“Are those...” the boy asked.

“Yeup,” I replied happily. “I have the key to every room in the whole campus.”

He laughed. I looked at him.

He shook his head, still laughing.

I found the right key and entered the nurse’s office. I was already looking through the cabinets when I realized that the boy didn’t follow me in. I stuck my head out and beckoned him in.

I made him sit on the bed and continued my search. I found it and helped him apply it on his wound. Then I helped him bandage it.

“For biting you...mianhe,” I whispered.

“Can I bite you back?”

Bite me? Wae?! Oh...

I shut my eyes tight and extended my arm out to him. “Okay,” I peeped.


~the boy’s POV

I looked at her arm. “Omo, I didn’t—”

“Hurry up before I change my mind!”

I took a hold of her fist and gently pulled. She had really soft skin. She shuffled closer. I tilted my head a bit and bared my teeth a little.

I saw her peek at me from one of her eyes, but quickly shut them again when our eyes met. I chuckled before grazing my teeth on her wrist. After I finished, I dropped her hand and just looked up at her.

Her eyes snapped open. “That’s it?” She looked cute when she’s confused...

“Wae? Were you expecting something more painful? Or something more ?” I winked.

“Yah!” Her eyes went wide. She motioned to smack me on the head, but I caught her arm, chuckling at her.

“Let’s start over?” I suggested.

She wrenched her arm from me and sighed before bowing. “Annyeong haseyo! Jeo neun Park Sandara imnida.”

I already knew her name...everyone knew her name. But nonetheless, I stood and played along with her, bowing. “Kwon Jiyong imnida. Nice to meet you, Dara-ah."

“Dara?” she asked, repeatedly mouthing the nickname I gave her.

“Neh. Dara...you’re my girlfriend now, arasso?”


~Jiyong POV

“Neh...” she said absentmindedly, heading out the door, still muttering, “Dara?”

I grinned. Just as I was catching up to her in the hallway, she whipped around and pointed at me with reeeeeeeeeally big eyes. “You just...Did you...WAE?!”

I shrugged nonchalantly, suppressing my smile. “You’re cute and I like you. Plus, you already said yes.”

She continued to look at me crazily. “Ani...” She started stomping her feet with a frustrated look on her face. “Ani, ani, ani, ani, ANI!”

I walked up to her and spun her around. I then hooked my uninjured arm with hers and began dragging her down the hall. “Kaja, jaggi!”

“Aniiiii~” she continued resisting, but I held on tight. “I’m going to bite you again!”

“That just means I get to bite you back,” I smirked at her.

She slumped and let me drag her.

“What’s your next class?”

She looked at me fearfully and answered hesitantly, “I-I don’t have one until 3.”

I clapped my hands once. “Great! Me too! Let’s have lunch.” I then dragged her to the parking lot.

I drove us to my favorite restaurant that was just a few minutes from campus.

“VIP Lounge?” she read with her brows furrowed. (A/N: There’s actually a real VIP Lounge near my mom’s office, but it’s a nightclub. Here it’s just a regular restaurant.)

I smiled at her before getting down from my car and heading to her side to open her door. But when I got there, she was already out.

“Aish!” I poked her on her forehead.

She looked at me weirdly before poking me everywhere else on my face.

“What was that for?” I asked, a little annoyed.

She stuck her tongue out at me and stomped away and into the restaurant.

Well, at least she’s not running away right?

Then, before entering the restaurant, she turned back to me, “Don’t get me wrong; I’m only here because you’re paying.” Then she took her index fingers and made horns on the sides of her head, wiggled them, stuck her tongue out, and crossed her eyes, before turning away.

I smile made its way to my lips before I followed her inside.

“Oh, Jiyong-sshi,” Bom said. “They told me you weren’t coming today, something about an incident...” She looked at my bandaged arm.

I smiled at her, brushing off that topic, and looked around at the restaurant behind her.

She laughed, “They’re at the private room as usual.”

“How about the woman that came in?”

“Omo,” Bom said. “She’s with you?”

“Neh, is she upstairs?”

“Ani, she asked for a table at the balcony outside.”

“Arasso. And don’t tell the guys I’m here. Kamsa, Bommie-ah.”

“Do you need help ordering?” I asked Dara as I sat on the seat across from her.

Without looking at me, she lifted the menu book, placed it on the table and hid behind it.

“It’s in English, Dara-ah, I don’t want you ordering something you might not like.”

“I can read English.”

Really? Is she bluffing?

“Oh, oppa!” Minzy came to take our orders.

I furiously shook my head at her and then motioned to Dara who still hid behind her menu book. I put a finger to my lips, insinuating for Minzy not to speak about knowing me.

She whispered an “Oh...” and then with a smile, she gave me an O.K. sign, forming a circle with her thumb and index finger.

“Are you ready to order, miss?” Minzy looked at Dara.

Dara slowly brought the menu down, but her eyes were still glued to it. She was biting her lower lip as she contemplated.

“Are you sure you don’t need me to help you order?” I asked her.

She glared at me. “I CAN READ ENGLISH,” she said in fluent English.

I arched an eyebrow, impressed.

“Drinks?” Minzy asked. “...sir?”

“Water.”

“Water,” Dara said. “And...ravioli, seafood spaghetti...” she peeked at me. I smirked, knowing her plan. “Calamari,” she continued, but I continued to smile. “Buffalo wings... Chicken and mushroom alfredo...”

“Anything else, Dara-ah?” I asked sweetly.

She eyed me weirdly and so did Minzy. “All of that...sir?”

“Neh. All of it.”

“How about you?” Dara asked me, her eyes narrowed to slits.

I looked up at Minzy. “Everything she didn’t already get in the B-section.”

Minzy nodded. She then turned to the order pad, “Two glasses to water. Buffalo wings and calamari for appetizer. Ravioli, and everything on section B. Correct?”

I nodded.

“And for dessert...?” she asked.

“We’ll get back to you on that later.”

Minzy nodded and took the menu books away.

Dara leaned back on the chair, having it stand on only its back legs, and crossed her arms. I just watched her. “You’re going to tip over,” I warned her.

She stopped and kicked my chair hard enough for it to topple even if I was sitting on it. I smirked at her, “I knew you’d do that.” I picked up the chair and comfortably sat on it once again.

“JIIIIIIIIIIIIYONNNNNNNNNNNG!!”

My head snapped up. “Aish,” I muttered, frustratingly scratching my head.

Dara turned in her seat to see the newcomer.